Forum » FFXI » General » Xinput not selectable
Xinput not selectable
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2017-01-13 22:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

so my roommate just did a fresh install on his new SSD, and bought a new OS to go with it. windows 10, the same OS i'm currently running. however we have been fiddling with the thing for a total of 8 hours now trying to find out why xinput is not selectable. we tried deleting it and re-scanning and downloading the missing files thinking it was currpt. we tried the exact steps i took on my setup process, which was attempting to use a xbox one S controller, adding Microsoft accessories app, opening that nad updating controller. and trying an xbox one S controller as apposed to the xbox 360 controller. still does the same thing, does anybody know what causes this?
 Bahamut.Kevinsorbo
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kevinsorbo 2017-01-13 22:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i had this same issue a while ago. Ended up just selecting default setup(D) i think, in the predifined setup area.

Edit: this was with a PS4 controller though. Windows 8.1. Hope that helps.
 Asura.Pintseyes
Server: Asura
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-13 23:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this. Instead of going into the ToolsUS folder, open the ToolsEU folder and try that padconfig utility. For whatever reason I have to use the EU config tool, I'm from the states.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2017-01-13 23:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
Try this. Instead of going into the ToolsUS folder, open the ToolsEU folder and try that padconfig utility. For whatever reason I have to use the EU config tool, I'm from the states.

it's also not selectable there as well. i think it may be the drivers or something...
 Asura.Pintseyes
Server: Asura
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-13 23:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, well last suggestion I got is.. My gamepad can be switched on/off via a slider button on bottom. That switches it between modes, PS3 or Standard input device. Does yours have that? Is it set to PS3?
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2017-01-14 00:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
Hmm, well last suggestion I got is.. My gamepad can be switched on/off via a slider button on bottom. That switches it between modes, PS3 or Standard input device. Does yours have that? Is it set to PS3?

no matter what we tried. couldn't get it to work. only optoin E had it selected but after saving and going back it was unchecked. broke down and downgrading to windows 7. he is greatly displeased with windows 10... i would be too.
By Jetackuu 2017-01-14 13:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly it sounds like directx was installed incorrectly. (Or corrupted).
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-16 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Honestly it sounds like directx was installed incorrectly. (Or corrupted).

My thought exactly, im a Windows 10 user and have never had an issue with it. I play on my PC and Surface pro 3 and encounter zero issues. Its selectable just fine for me.

As for Windows 7, i couldnt go back to that lol
By Sabishii 2017-01-17 15:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Try the xbox accessories app on windows 10, it will solve some compatibility issues with older programs and newer xbone controllers. It won't let you config a lot like xpadder, but just having it seemed to fix some of the issues I had with an xbone controller on other games.
By DanielH 2017-01-17 15:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabishii said: »
Try the xbox accessories app on windows 10, it will solve some compatibility issues with older programs and newer xbone controllers. It won't let you config a lot like xpadder, but just having it seemed to fix some of the issues I had with an xbone controller on other games.

This will fix the problem, if on the off chance it doesn't verify xinputdll.dll is in the Tools(US/EU) folder.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Don't know why but some Windows 10 PC's need that installed and others don't.