Resetting AF Armor, Help?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Resetting AF armor, help?
Resetting AF armor, help?
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2017-01-10 16:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm trying to reset my THF gear as I threw some pieces away (long long ago). When I talk to Vingijard to reset, it only has my WAR and DNC on the list to wipe. I have done the quest pieces, so I'm assuming I haven't done the coffers.

In an attempt to fix this issue, I'm on my THF, in Castle O, popping coffers left and right (to get the pants). My problem is, all I'm getting is the "nothing but an illusion" message (except once, I got a painite). Everything I'm reading is that it should give me the gear before anything else. One page says that I have to be on the hands quest to get it, another says I can do it after.

I'm not sure what's wrong, but the problem seems to be circular. I can't reset the quests because I don't have the coffer gear, but I can't get the coffer gear because I'm done the quests and can't reset it, but I can't reset the quests because I don't have the coffer gear, but etc etc.

Any help would be lovely, thank you in advance.

--P.S. I have all my WAR and DNC gear, so I know I don't have to have it all thrown out prior to the job being on the list, or else WAR and DNC wouldn't be there either. I also know it's not on a porter moogle or with a storage person.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-01-10 19:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you try just re-flagging the Marauder's Knife quest? Maybe check your log if you already have any active quests related to Thief AF?
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2017-01-10 19:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured out the issue and I feel dumb. Apparently I went and got the Castle O coffer at some point (Who the h*ll knows why). I had not gotten Zvahl. Once I had gotten that, I was able to reset.
That was why Castle O was giving me trouble. I had already gotten it and thrown it away.