Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-10 10:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Reawakening | Asura Social, Returning, and Transfer Linkshell

Leadership: Clinpachi, Taylanichi, Daleterrence, Alymorel, and Aoryu
Founded: January 2017

Website: http://www.reawakeningls.com (We are the last unicorns using guildwork for FFXI)
Discord: http://discord.gg/AP98exk (You must have a pearl and can confirm membership to the linkshell in-game for full discord access)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reawakeningls
FFXIAH: http://www.ffxiah.com/linkshell/Asura/Reawakening

Reawakening is a modern social linkshell open to everyone who can abide by our rules! We are looking for everyone and anyone! We welcome veterans with afterglow weapons and new players alike! Even if you are a new server transfer looking for a new home! Come join us!

We are an extremely laid back adult friendly linkshell. We are primarily busy and active during the EST timeframe and weekends, but we have members from all over the world and there are always people online to talk to 24/7.

We do have a second linkshell for events. This linkshell is for our more prepared members who want to do harder content without disturbing the social aspect of our linkshell. This part of the linkshell is NOT open to everyone right away. We look at this as an in-house linkshell to grow into for those interested. Limited space available.
The second linkshell is NOT an inner circle and is ONLY used for event discussion and participation.

You can join our linkshell at any Linkshell Concierge NPC located at the following locations:

Southern San d'Oria (G-10)
Windurst Woods (H-10)
Bastok Markets (F-9)
Ru'Lude Gardens (G-9)
Aht Urghan Whitegate (H-9)
Western Adoulin (H-12)
Eastern Adoulin (G-10)

If there are two or more NPC's standing next to each other, they EACH hold their own stock of pearls. So if one NPC doesn't appear to have any left, check the NPC next to them. We try to keep them stocked with pearls as often as possible unless we are having an overcrowding issue.

If they are out of pearls and you still wish to join, just contact one of the leaders above and we can manually bring you a pearl if needed.

We don't have a lot of crazy rules or policies in our linkshell. A lot of what you are about to read actually revolves around common sense and courtesy. Somehow people lack these things from time to time, so we are forced to spell them out in writing for everybody. If these rules are broken you will be given verbal warnings by leadership. Repeated violations will result in being removed from the linkshell without further notice or explanation. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the following rules!

Rule #1: Mutual Respect & Controversial Topics
Rule #2: Sexual Harassment
Rule #3: Racism & Bigotry
Rule #4: Chat Etiquette, Roleplaying, & Logging
Rule #5: Utilizing Resources & Self-Help
Rule #6: Windower & Third Party Tools
Rule #7: Dual-boxing & Mules
Rule #8: Linkshell Conduct
Rule #9: Relic Loans
Rule #10: Linkshell Events & Bank

Q: It's telling me "There are currently too many people accessing this linkshell group. You cannot access this linkshell"?
A: There is a 64 person limit on linkshells unfortunately. Weekends might get super hectic, so try again randomly and hope that you can get in later. We will do our best to minimize mules and inactive people. We apologize for the trouble this may cause you. If it makes you feel better even the leaders run into this problem. Nobody is safe!

Q: Who are the linkshell leaders?
A: Clinpachi is the leader and shellholder. Taylanichi, Daleterrence, Alymorel, and Aoryu are the current sackholders.

Q: Can I join your linkshell?
A: Unless we are having an overcrowding problem, you should be able to find our pearls on any Linkshell Concierge NPC found in every major city. Feel free to join at your leisure! If there are none and you still really wish to join, reach out to a leader in game.

Q: Can I join the event linkshell?
A: We have very strict requirements with a limited amount of space. Inquire with leadership for more details and information.

Q: Can I bring my friends, family, or dissolve my small linkshell into yours?
A: Everybody is welcome! Invite whoever you want along! Keep in mind however that I can't provide linksacks to you or your fellow linkshell members based on principle.

Q: I want to come to Asura, Is it good?
A: This past weekend saw over 1600 players online. You will likely encounter people or shouts you won't enjoy, so utilize your blacklist as needed. It's very busy on Asura for NA players! If you are looking for a JP playerbase you might want to consider Odin.

Q: Does your linkshell use voice chat? Is it required and do I have to talk?
A: We currently have a fully featured Discord server. It's setup with permissions, custom channels, emotes, and a music bot. It's also fully branded and setup specficaly for our linkshell. Discord is not required but highly recommended as many people text chat out of game here while at work or school. It keeps us all connected and in touch. Voice chat is not required and you can just listen in if you like.

Q: How do I join the discord server?
A: All you have to do is click this link to add our discord server. Download the discord client and follow the instructions. It might take a little bit to get used to but Discord is very easy to use. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

Q: I joined the discord but I can't seem to visit other channels or use voice?
A: When any new person joins our discord they have to be manually approved and set as a linkshell member. If your discord name does not match your game name, you need to let us know via the text chat on the #mainlobby text channel (It should default to that). This is a security precaution to prevent spammers or unwelcome guests from screaming into the microphone or interrupting others.

Q: You have a linkshell bank? What is it used for?
A: The linkshell bank is a seperate character on leader's main account named Mooglebank. The purpose of this bank is to store gil and items earned or donated and later distributed as a benefit to all linkshell members. Priority of benefits will be granted to those who participate in the event portion of the linkshell first with the highest attendance.

Q: Does the bank have a record? Is it public?
A: Our bank balance is displayed right on the home page of our website for everybody to see. Clicking on the View Details link will bring you to our gil and item transcripts. Nothing is hidden and everything is public. You should be able to see all deposits and withdraws complete with comments.

Q: Are you Clinpachi/Calnus from Siren?
A: Yes I'm from Siren. I came to Asura in 2015 but took a break shortly after burning myself out on a mythic. I'm back now (obviously). It's crazy to see how many other people came from Siren too in recent years. I miss siren sometimes, but I really enjoy being here on Asura.

We've done our very best to lay the foundation for a successful social linkshell experience. A lot of effort has gone into our website and discord, which in turn helps enhance our linkshell presence and accessibility for our members. Many of us communicate on discord while at school or work! Our community is crucial to us and our members matter to us.

We can't claim that this linkshell a paradise for everyone, but we look forward to making it as enjoyable as possible for everyone. We can't do this without you! So please make sure to follow our rules and utilize your resources!

Special thank you to Daleterrence for helping manage and organize the linkshell as well as some of it's resource documents.
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-01-10 11:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill take a pearl to support and help returners
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-10 11:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blitzjr said: »
Ill take a pearl to support and help returners

Awesome you can find one of the Linkshell Concierge NPC listed above or you can /tell me in game if you would rather I come to you. I'm doing login point and goblin box on mules right this second though so give me a bit if so.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-10 13:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a jackass and somehow managed to remove myself from the LS roster on here (FFXIAH). In process of trying to get it fixed lol.
 Asura.Taylanichi
By Asura.Taylanichi 2017-01-11 21:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Come join us! We've got a ton of people who just returned and there is always lots going on and people being helped!
By Lordnat 2017-01-12 10:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok just spent 18 Bucks to get out of JP Central (ODIN) and came here to Assurance. Took a few years off and looking for a Links hell. Thanks KS in advance. Would like to join please.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-12 15:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lordnat said: »
Ok just spent 18 Bucks to get out of JP Central (ODIN) and came here to Assurance. Took a few years off and looking for a Links hell. Thanks KS in advance. Would like to join please.

/welcome ^^/ We've gotten a surprising number of people who saw this post so far lol. We were up to 51 active people last night as I went to sleep.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-14 19:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well this is embarrassing lol. The Linkshell is currently full 64/64 online right now. I was just notified that a few people can't put their pearl on.

Linkpearls are still available at the NPC's but you might have an issue getting on during a weekend.

Unbelievable amount of people. Sorry if you get stuck for a bit and are trying to join.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-26 09:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a small bump, We are no longer constantly hitting the 64 player cap and usually sit around 30-35 people online. I restocked all the linkshell NPC's last night.

We're starting to branch into casual escha NM's and vagary. Also our discord is starting to gain traction and around 20 people have joined.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-26 09:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't envy you if you would have had 64 people that wanted to do Warder of Courage.

The last time I led a large group was when I took 36 people into Legion (2 alliances). That was an interesting, challenging but fun time.

But never again.
[+]
By ProtoWolfe 2017-02-08 00:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I will prolly be snagging a pearl from the LS npc after work if youre still looking for members and are welcoming old players returning. Im still trying to find an actual home after my hiatus lol. Hope to see you guys in game :)
[+]
 Asura.Anyafoxx
user: anyafoxx
By Asura.Anyafoxx 2017-02-08 15:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to chime in and say that Clinpachi leads a wonderful linkshell with some really awesome and helpful folks.
This is a great shell and worth checking out :)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anyafoxx said: »
I just wanted to chime in and say that Clinpachi leads a wonderful linkshell with some really awesome and helpful folks.
How much did he pay you to say that?
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-02-08 16:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anyafoxx said: »
Whoaaa~ Thank you~ *Secretly shifts a small bag of gil on the table*

Also due to overcrowding issues we are temporarily not putting pearls on the NPC's. Just shoot me a /tell and I can bring you a pearl when able.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-04-02 11:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The original post above has been extremely revamped and edited with our new theme/layout. We also have a new linkshell website at http://www.reawakeningls.com. We wrote out some actual rules and faqs which can also be found on our new website.

All linkshell concierge NPC's have also been restocked in game, and will be restocked again after the April 10th update.

Feel free to join us in game and on discord! We're still going strong!
By Chyula 2017-04-02 11:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I get 1,999k to join a Sheep shell?
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-02 15:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
Special thank you to Daleterrence for helping manage and organize the linkshell as well as some of it's resource documents.

[+]
 Asura.Starfishsky
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-04-04 18:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

been here in this linkshell since the inception in January, have to say if your looking for friendly faces to play final fantasy with, this is a great social environment and very decent activity across different time zones. leaders like clin and dale and aory, and the members them-self are always very helpful / informative / kind to new and old players alike.

I am also myself a returning player from 2013, i made a brand new char in January, decided to try asura and found this linkshell, i am very glad i found this friendly linkshell they have been a great help for me trying to understand all the changes the game went through over the last few years.
[+]
By Ulgar 2017-04-13 19:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've swapped through plenty of new-player friendly, social (yet still active and helpful) linkshells. This is by far the best, and the only one where LS chat doesn't look like something that should belong in a google or bg-wiki searchbar. Intelligent questions and answers, active leadership, helpful players who know how to have fun.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-04-16 09:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chutters said: »
You guys would take in someone who is a returning nub with gear dated like my grandmothers wardrobe? D:

Considering when I transferred to Asura I had sparks gear and a homestead blade, yes! :)

Everyone has to start back again from somewhere lol.
By Silhouette 2017-04-17 12:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. Clinpachi and Reawakening.
I am an another returning player and it's been only 2weeks ever since I re-activated my SE account or Content ID.
Even though I am focusing on soloing stuffs due to lack of play time considering my real life situation sucha family, work... etc. I would still love to have a social LS. Thought this would be nice if I can ask and get many valuable informations from LS members rather than /shouting around. Also if time and other conditions allowed I might participate in LS events hopefully too(eventually)
My only concern are...
1) my play time will be midnight~3am EST (9pm~midnight PDT)... not sure how many members are online.
2) English is not my primary language and I doubt I can understand or communicate with members unless people use simple sentences. If Reawakening looking for new members who are fluent and good at English, I don't mind.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-04-17 13:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Silhouette said: »
Hello. Clinpachi and Reawakening.
I am an another returning player and it's been only 2weeks ever since I re-activated my SE account or Content ID.
Even though I am focusing on soloing stuffs due to lack of play time considering my real life situation sucha family, work... etc. I would still love to have a social LS. Thought this would be nice if I can ask and get many valuable informations from LS members rather than /shouting around. Also if time and other conditions allowed I might participate in LS events hopefully too(eventually)
My only concern are...
1) my play time will be midnight~3am EST (9pm~midnight PDT)... not sure how many members are online.
2) English is not my primary language and I doubt I can understand or communicate with members unless people use simple sentences. If Reawakening looking for new members who are fluent and good at English, I don't mind.

Hi Silhouette! Welcome back to the game!

We have helpful members on in the social linkshell aspect basically 24/7 from all over the world. There should always be people to talk to (or ask questions to) for the most part.

For the event linkshell we are creating, we haven't fully worked everything out but it's looking like early EST time-frame unfortunately. Most of us are active between 2pm EST and 2am EST roughly. Also our event roster might be temporarily full.

So in short I think we could fulfill the social aspect you might be looking for, but not the event part. Also your language is not a problem, you could probably even ask somebody to rephrase for better understanding if needed.

I hope that helps and you are more than welcome!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-05-31 16:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping the thread to mention we are back, and under new management! If you picked up a pearl before, you will need to do so again, the NPCs are all stocked and once again we're recruiting! Come say hello and join the madness that is Reawakening.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-05-31 17:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the fired :< (from the LS not real life lol)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lotmorning
By Asura.Lotmorning 2017-11-25 19:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that looking to join a social semi-event linkshell our URL has changed from what posted in original post. Please visit http://reawakeningls.guildwork.com/ for our new website. We will try to keep pearls on the NPC's, but if they are out feel free to message me, Aoryu, or Kyuros for a pearl.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-12-04 17:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the Linkshell Concierge have been restocked with fresh, shiny pearls, if you're looking to join an active and friendly community on Asura, we've got your back. :D