January 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2017-01-10 00:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Did you forget that Telchine and Chironic existed or?

I thought Telchine was pretty underwhelming but yeah, never bothered with Chironic so I kinda forgot about it.

Onca averages about 30 accuracy, 4 haste, and 2.5 DA over the 4 slots, and doesn't have play the augment game.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-10 00:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So is that belt supposed to be the New Black Belt MNK was promised, idk, 5 years ago?

I would ROFL if it is.

I mean, comparatively it's not the same prestige as Black Belt being an "ultimate weapon... for your waist", but even NQ Moonbow will beat Windbuffet+1, so is gonna be the best MNK PUP waist for punching things in most situations (i.e. not loading up on max acc in every slot). Obviously HQ even more so.

I'm assuming the HQ will assuredly be some insane tier synth and sell for 100mil+ (in keeping with recent crafted stuff like Stikini+1, Mache+1, Staunch Tathlum+1, etc.) unless there's some huge Kupo Shield influx. But this is a damn good belt even in NQ form. As a person who enjoys punching creatures, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on one.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-10 00:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Its a nice set for situational stuff like being in close on anything that spams moves or AOE moves for whm and blu rather than -pdt its Dt so can replace some gear choices at least. Will make it more viable for rdm and others who Melee (know a good few who like that sort of thing) and come in to help others.
Body and legs are respectable PDT pieces for most of those jobs, especially considering their high defense and accuracy. I'm not too keen on them as DT/MDT pieces though, and the rest of the set isn't anything I'm immediately inclined to bother with for hybrid defensive sets. The set is low on meva/INT relative to what these jobs can get on other pieces with equal/superior -DT (Skirmish +1 and/or Reisen gear, depending on the job). It's a decent introductory defensive set that retains some value for hybrid TP/PDT sets and other niche uses, but I'm struggling to find lasting value in several of those pieces.

Also find it amusing that the HQ legs merely match Homam for FC and lose to Enif's 8%.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2017-01-10 00:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

特定の条件下において、バトルコンテンツ「オーメン」に出現するノートリアルモンスター「GlassyThinker」が本来使用できない特殊技を使用する。

Basically Glassy Thinker is using abilities it shouldn't have, aka the MNK WS.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-10 00:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
I'm worried that they're just removing the H2H WSs from it. Its animations for them (especially Asuran Fists) were seriously model breaking, and almost certainly not intended.
It could just be translation fail, but
Quote:
The issue in Omen wherein the Glassy Thinker would use abilities it should not ordinarily be able to under certain conditions.
Why add "certain conditions"? If it wasnt supposed to use those WS's, just say "The issue in Omen where in the Glassy Thinker was using unintended abilities"?

Of any DD, lets be glad he chose to hit us with monk ws!
[+]
 Asura.Garota
Server: Asura
user: Garota
By Asura.Garota 2017-01-10 00:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Phoenix.Brixy said: »
They made a mini nirvana for smns... Like they were not even subtle about it.

Was +1
DMG:239 Delay:356 Accuracy+25 Attack+25 Staff skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Avatar perpetuation cost -7 Avatar: Accuracy+55 "Blood Pact" damage +25

This, now whenever SMN's ask what is the best option for physical BP's that isn't an RMEA... well there you go! A really powerful option for non mythic SMN. They even put perp cost on it :D

New SMN: "What's the best option for Summoner who can't afford a Nirvana?"
Vet SMN: "Was."
New SMN: "Not was, what IS the best."
Vet SMN: "Was +1"
New SMN: "It was Plus One? What is it now?"
Vet SMN: "It's Was."
New SMN: "No, not what WAS it, what is it now?"
Vet SMN: "No, it wasn't. Was +1 now, but also Was."
New SMN: "Fine, if it wasn't plus one, what was the best staff for Summoner?"
Vet SMN: "That's what I've been trying to tell you!"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-10 00:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Still need Goliard before those

Yeah that's why I said March. February us obviously Goliard.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-10 00:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
I'm worried that they're just removing the H2H WSs from it. Its animations for them (especially Asuran Fists) were seriously model breaking, and almost certainly not intended.
It could just be translation fail, but
Quote:
The issue in Omen wherein the Glassy Thinker would use abilities it should not ordinarily be able to under certain conditions.
Why add "certain conditions"? If it wasnt supposed to use those WS's, just say "The issue in Omen where in the Glassy Thinker was using unintended abilities"?
That's pretty standard wording for SE for this type of bug. For example, look at the automaton glitch reported under known issues in this update.

SE generally says "under certain conditions" or "in certain situations" as context to the glitches when they talk about them, even if said events shouldn't be happening at all.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2017-01-10 00:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

the new items will prob be a belt upgrade system like the mog in jeuno or somthing there is a base belt trade 12 or so items of a certin type to make it normal then trade like 12 of each to make +1
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-10 00:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
So after Salvage/Nyzul/CoP Armor is done. What's next?

Makes me wonder if Assault Armor is going to be remade.

That should be next if the trend is continuing. Gives them an additional 3 months to stall before they release relic+2/3
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-01-10 00:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they would go back and add the MAB that was originally on Nirvana + the 40% bp damage now. Having to swap weapons for magic pacts is silly considering the original weapons was 100% focused on magic pacts. Was +1 is really close to Nirvana in terms of use. Best perp idle staff, best physical staff, and best melee staff (outside of Nirvana obv.).
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2017-01-10 00:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

does anybody know if they added the papers < slips > whatever they are called to get the salvage hq gear from ambuscade?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-10 00:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on how many chances you get to DA, gridarvor is quite likely better than was+1. Assuming it's once a hit, you'd get 12-15% damage out of the da on ftp carrying bps. 25 bpd is less than that in most good setups, and grid still has another 40 acc and 70 attack going for it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-10 00:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
the new items will prob be a belt upgrade system like the mog in jeuno or somthing there is a base belt trade 12 or so items of a certin type to make it normal then trade like 12 of each to make +1

You don't think it's more likely they're simply crafting items that drop from the Glassy NMs and Omen bosses, used to synth the new gear?

IIRC, they already said in a forum post that there would be new synth ingredients dropping in Omen, and looks pretty obvious these are them.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-10 00:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayanmo Zucchetto +1 looks good for RDM melee TP, it's great to finally get a good measure of Accuracy and Store TP on the same headpiece.

Ayanmo Corazza +1 also looks good for the same. No amount of Triple Attack on it but it has Double Attack and more importantly again, Accuracy.

Ayanmo Manopolas +1 is pretty much the same deal, no multi-attack but a lot of Accuracy and alternative beneficial stat.

Ayanmo Gambieras +1 looks amazing for RDM using CDC.

Moonbow Belt +1 is omgwtf amazing for MNK.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-10 00:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
特定の条件下において、バトルコンテンツ「オーメン」に出現するノートリアルモンスター「GlassyThinker」が本来使用できない特殊技を使用する。

Basically Glassy Thinker is using abilities it shouldn't have, aka the MNK WS.

Yeah, my SE buddy (no he doesn't have original intentions) says it sounds more like it's using an ability it never should have, but there IS a chance it's about Pain Sync. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-10 00:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's about the Thinker using Pain Sync 4-5 times back to back despite being buried in debuffs. Have seen it happen before.
[+]
By Chyula 2017-01-10 00:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

time to sell windbuffet+1.
 Odin.Meansa
Server: Odin
user: Meansa
By Odin.Meansa 2017-01-10 00:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Garota said: »
Verda said: »
Phoenix.Brixy said: »
They made a mini nirvana for smns... Like they were not even subtle about it.

Was +1
DMG:239 Delay:356 Accuracy+25 Attack+25 Staff skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Avatar perpetuation cost -7 Avatar: Accuracy+55 "Blood Pact" damage +25

This, now whenever SMN's ask what is the best option for physical BP's that isn't an RMEA... well there you go! A really powerful option for non mythic SMN. They even put perp cost on it :D

New SMN: "What's the best option for Summoner who can't afford a Nirvana?"
Vet SMN: "Was."
New SMN: "Not was, what IS the best."
Vet SMN: "Was +1"
New SMN: "It was Plus One? What is it now?"
Vet SMN: "It's Was."
New SMN: "No, not what WAS it, what is it now?"
Vet SMN: "No, it wasn't. Was +1 now, but also Was."
New SMN: "Fine, if it wasn't plus one, what was the best staff for Summoner?"
Vet SMN: "That's what I've been trying to tell you!"
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Chipmunkys
user: Capsules
By Asura.Chipmunkys 2017-01-10 00:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Selling Moonbow Belt +1 for 900m /tell if interested.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-10 00:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
time to sell windbuffet+1.

Um... not for the 20 jobs that aren't on Moonbow.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 00:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chipmunkys said: »
Selling Moonbow Belt +1 for 900m /tell if interested.

Psst stop lowing the price, it's 999M or bust.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-10 00:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonbow Belt +1 isn't going to be too pricey either. MNK and PUP are likely the two least played jobs in the game so there's not going to be an overly large demand for it.
 Asura.Garota
By Asura.Garota 2017-01-10 00:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
So after Salvage/Nyzul/CoP Armor is done. What's next?

Makes me wonder if Assault Armor is going to be remade.

That should be next if the trend is continuing. Gives them an additional 3 months to stall before they release relic+2/3

Ugh, if they continue with this trend, after they release Goliard, they could drag this on for Assault gear such as Yigit, Pahluwan, and Amir. Then even Zeni gear like Oracle, Enkidu, and Aurum. Perhaps even Shadow/Valkyrie gear from Einherjar since it never got a proper upgraded cursed set.
Why stop there? Allied Notes gear too! Cobra Unit, Fourth Division, and Iron Ram sets as well.
In all seriousness though, I'm a bit sad that they are only reissuing old gear designs with new stats. I wish they would at least recolor them. But SE just has a habit of reusing old gear, for example: Skirmish gear is pretty much Furia gear, Alluvion Skirmish is a mix of Voidwatch, Zeni, Adaman gear. Abyssea Dominion gear was just Ebon.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 00:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

First crafter to hit the +1 is gonna think they hit the jackpot and act accordingly. A few months later the price might be somewhat reasonable.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-01-10 00:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Until we get Regain on gear from ambu I wont be happy
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 00:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit sad that they are only reissuing old gear designs with new stats

That's all they can do. Awhile back they announced they had already scrapped the bottom of the barrel for their development tools. In the era FFXI was designed there was still a lot of vender specific formats and without vender support developers are stuck.

So don't expect any new graphics assets being introduced, they got very limited ability to create those.
 Asura.Garota
By Asura.Garota 2017-01-10 00:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
That's all they can do. Awhile back they announced they had already scrapped the bottom of the barrel for their development tools. In the era FFXI was designed there was still a lot of vender specific formats and without vender support developers are stuck.

So don't expect any new graphics assets being introduced, they got very limited ability to create those.

PS2 Limitations? Damn... Guess I'll just keep lockstyling new unique and wacky event gear they keep giving us for holidays and randomly for no real reason.
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2017-01-10 00:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I'm a bit sad that they are only reissuing old gear designs with new stats

What was the last new gear models they added? Alluvion Weapons?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7