users online
Forum » FFXI » General » So ive returned to Vanadiel
So ive returned to Vanadiel
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-03 04:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

And upon returning I'm loving the experience, thanks to LS friends i am settling in really well.

However, my dilemma comes in the job front. Before i left i played THF, MNK and a bit of SAM. Though i was mainly on MNK and THF. I have played a bit over the years here and there, and though my THF is totally outdated, my MNK at present has an 119 piece and a few other nice bits.

I am told, though, THF is really a Dyna only class now? MNK and SAM have been given the back seat and are not as effective as they use to be and really for content are not warranted.

BLU i hear is top dog now but everyone is a BLU these days. So other than BLU what else is worthwhile playing? I mean to be effective in content.

I'm mainly looking at DPS for now, but as a healer, i assume WHM/SCH is still viable? or is SCH now the go-to healer?

I have to choose a ring for Seekers and though i know you can change it, i would rather pick one so, i didn't have to lol

Thanks for reading!
CP
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-01-03 05:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore the whole top DD argument. You should always play whatever job you want especially at this stage of the game. SE could make a change at any time that changes the DD output. thf is not just dynamis only. It can be an awesome DD. Sam too. As well as war and drk. It takes a good set up to compete of course. And if you're talking end game well then gear up sch, geo, blm.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-01-03 05:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey bud, I'll give you my two cents.In terms of your question about DD, THF and MNK aren't used for much anything. SAM is good with the right gear. For your healing question I prefer SCH healing on lower content like normal ambuscade, but you need a WHM for things like Omen, Helm NMs, Intense ambuscade etc. Arise alone could be the difference.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-03 05:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I see and yeah i hear ya, i hear DRK is pretty awesome now (was before anyway). Hmmm, guess ill have to work on some mage jobs to be useful it seems

Guess i have the following now shortlisted

SCH/WHM
BLM
GEO (though i know nothing of this job)
BLU
MNK

Seems a good spread either way but from that, i can see the mage ring being the most useful. So that's decided also hahaha

Cool thanks for the input. Any i should prioritise? Or just go with whatever?

As for the rings the magic one seems great. Is there another item that gives movement speed like the shreddnick does?
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-01-03 05:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say pick a job and get as many capacity point bonuses from missions/reives before the upcoming event that triples CP gain. Then focus on getting job points. A good WHM will get fast invites to anything fast even without a Yagrush. Use your sparks on rem tales. Good luck. Welcome back!
[+]