Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Salvage Gear
Salvage Gear
 Asura.Delmania
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Delmania
By Asura.Delmania 2016-12-29 11:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking to farm AR2 and BR2 for Alexandrite, and it seems my kill speed in AR2 is slow. What gearsets do people use?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-29 11:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What job? If you go Blu, then I can see 20~30 min per run. If something more reliant on buffs, then 45~60 min, if you go mnk/dnc thf/dnc Bst Smn sam drk anything that can do damage but little gear I see 60 min np with no Jp and no HQ gear options (Sparks gear mainly) so depends on you.

Side note, Always go /thf or thf main if you can keep yourself alive until gear is unlocked. Take meds with you like regen/refresh even RR Scroll, Stoneskin and protect/shell Scrolls Food until you know what you are able to do.
By Calinari 2016-12-29 11:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Standard "bests" in the THF thread. How "slow" is your AR2? Full clear, or boss rush?

BR2 times?

For reference, I full clear AR2 (all trigears etc) in < 20 thf. But I do BR2 on Blu because the cerb is really obnoxious on THF. Same <20 minutes full clear.
 Asura.Delmania
By Asura.Delmania 2016-12-29 11:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going as THF/DNC, wearing this: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/348645

In terms of clears, I guess it would be a full clear, meaning all gears, the armored chariot, bosses, and acroliths. However, I wasn't able to kill the chariot in under three minutes, and I got the 10 minute warning fighting the boss. Is it a gear issue? Or just a practice one?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-12-29 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Problems I see at a glance:

-You're not capping gear haste.
-You're fulltiming gear, and a lot of it isn't particularly good/helpful. Head, neck, and rings/earrings in particular are in dire need of upgrades, though the body and legs aren't much better off and there's no reason to wear the hands or feet fulltime. Low damage output on weaponskills and the lack of an Aeolian Edge set will definitely impair farming efficiency.
-No blurred knife to swap in/out for self-haste.
 Asura.Delmania
By Asura.Delmania 2016-12-29 12:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How up to date is the guide in term of gearsets? I can't use the Blurred Knife since I'm not SU2
By Calinari 2016-12-29 12:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"The guide" is way out of date, but in the latter pages, like 4-5 from the end, there's sets.
 Asura.Delmania
By Asura.Delmania 2016-12-29 12:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, thanks for all the help!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-29 13:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I might recommend Zhayolm over Bhaflau. A few notes:

+ Pros: Faster runs, easier boss for THF (no special DT mechanics), minimal fighting for unlocks.
- Cons: About 13 less alexandrite per run (unless you're very patient/daring/lucky), ilevel gear not available until floor 5.

I recommend going /RDM here for Phalanx, Blink, Haste, and Cures. Having the magic accuracy from ilevel weapons also makes debuffs like sleep land if you really need it. General path for quick alex farming would look like this:

Floor 1: Take advantage of /RDM buffs to make this safer. Try to pull enemies one at a time, as well. Only really need to unlock back/waist, rings/earrings, and HP. Get some TP on a weak dude after you've unlocked stuff.
Floor 2: Go up.
Floor 3: Go up. Direction doesn't really matter.
Floor 4: Go up. You could farm alex here, but it's very dangerous without any armor.
Floor 5: Buff up and pull a single Gear. Use Bully + SA WS to one shot it, which will unlock the rest of your armor. Even if you get links, the single strong WS should definitely kill the Gear, and from then on it's pretty simple. Now you're ready to go up, but you can kill a few more gears or chariots if you really care.
Floor 6: Kill everything in the big room except the lone Rampart in the back (no time limit). This is the spawn condition for the Hydra from the Rampart. Hydra's even easier than Khimaira and has no DT stuff unless it does physical shield.
Floor 7: Alfard is easier than Khrysokhimaira since you don't have to worry about Fulmination.
[+]