users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Making something viral
Making something viral
 Asura.Bloodlusty
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-26 06:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a great Christmas yesterday and got a fantastic reaction with the kids opening presents. We left the PS4 to last and had a bit of fun pretending Sanata had not delivered it.

My wife uploaded it to facebook and it had a lot of hits and comments, so I thought I would upload it to my youtube channel for people to view and share. My question is, how does a video like that go viral? is it simply the amount of shares the video gets??

YouTube Video Placeholder

Enjoy, no doubt I will be using it when the kids are in bed lol
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-26 08:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Views and comments. The more people are talking and reacting to it the more likely the video is to be pushed to the front page feed and the more likely it is to be seen.

Haven't looked too far into YouTube's algorithms but that was the gist of it, last I heard.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-12-26 09:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet kids...and such an honest reaction. And not spoiled/temperamental...I get so jaded seeing how some of my nieces and nephews react to presents (both good and bad)--it does make me look back to how I handled such things when I was young, with the gift-giving adults around who themselves are sincerely hoping for such a pleasant, memorable reaction.

A very nice video--thanks for sharing your family's holidays. :)