Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 61 62 63
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-21 12:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Recommend using a multi-step SC with magical ws involved. That way the later steps of the sc do damage instead of just one opportunity per 2 stratagems. RNG and/or COR extending a SCH SC with wildfire or trueflight works great. All the better if you can get inundantion and have tank do an opener.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-21 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you keeping the regen down?
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-21 12:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Recommend using a multi-step SC with magical ws involved. That way the later steps of the sc do damage instead of just one opportunity per 2 stratagems. RNG and/or COR extending a SCH SC with wildfire or trueflight works great. All the better if you can get inundantion and have tank do an opener.

Could have my Cor closing Leaden for high dmg and this would allow the ice / water nukes to continue but how does Darkness damage fair on Kei? We avoided darkness on Gin and Kin unlesss on Gin we had a Drk with endark up so we could see when Darkness would heal.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-21 12:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All Caturaes are pretty resistant to dark element so leaden probably wouldn't do well
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-21 12:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

We were nuking tier 2 dependant on what spikes he had on, this is what I understood keeps regen down. Was that correct?
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-21 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Once the SC closes and his shield is down for 8 or so seconds can we nuke any element? or still need to stick to Ice/Water? even if the Darkness damage wasn't great it would give us a lot more output not having to wait on strats.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-21 12:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to nuke any element. There was a YouTube video of JPs taking it down in like, 7 minutes using Thunder MBs. That was pre-GEO nerf though
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-02-21 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you can nuke any element that is not related to his current spikes. We generaly use thunder as it seems he never uses thunder spikes.
 Odin.Evilsub
user: evilsub
By Odin.Evilsub 2017-02-21 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We go Blm, Blm, Geo, Sch, Whm, Pld or Run depending on how I feel. nuke water/ice T1s while shield is up to keep regen off. Fragmentation SC only. Blms, Sch and Geo all nuke atleast 2 bursts. after benediction goes off we have the Geo Bolster and Sch 1 hr to knock him back down. TBH Run is better for this for obvious reasons but I go Pld if I want cards. My Blms are decently geared (one only has 100 jps). This is just our strat and it works just fine and we finish with plenty of time to spare for lotting and what not.
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-21 12:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Felt kinda boring as whm - nothing dangerous. Think a Rdm can main heal this as well as help debuff?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-02-21 12:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The scholar or two that are already there should be able to handle the healing.

You can nuke whatever element during the MB window.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-21 14:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Taffy said: »
Once the SC closes and his shield is down for 8 or so seconds can we nuke any element? or still need to stick to Ice/Water? even if the Darkness damage wasn't great it would give us a lot more output not having to wait on strats.
Ah yeah having more skillchains helps. The element thing is for keeping regen down when not in mb window. During the mb window really any dmg works including more ws. Like could have sch make distortion then do wf for darkness into another one for double darkness. Would get you some good ws and skillchain dmg while also giving keeping mb window open longer to get more bursts. Heck there's that vid with only sam dd that just multiple step skillchains it to death lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-21 15:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Taffy said: »
clearlyamule said: »

We were nuking tier 2 dependant on what spikes he had on, this is what I understood keeps regen down. Was that correct?

No not really. He has two modes which can be told by what spells he's casting, Wind or Fire. If he's casting Fire spells, Virus, Flare, Firaga, then he's in fire mode and water nukes will pause the regen for a few ticks. If he's casting Wind spells, Graviga, Tornado, Aeroga, then he's in wind mode and ice nukes will pause the regen. It doesn't need to be nukes, enspells or runes also do the trick though actually hitting him may be a bit difficult if your in a magic setup. Typically have the GEO do Water or Blizzard I nukes on him constantly, their cheap and will neutralize his regen allowing you to take your time.

As for actually killing him, if your trying to MB then bring 2 SCH's so you can constantly do SC's without waiting for strats. Without Rayke the second nuke will always have a reduction in damage and thus swaping one of the BLM's for another SCH would work better. It's slow but you'll eventually win.

We ended up switching to a RNG Trueflight setup with no nukers or SMN's (they just slowed it all down). Single SCH does fusion, RNG does TF for big numbers, creates a 99K light effect. Our "healer" is a RDM doing Inundation and debuffs on the target to help the RNG do more.

RUN
RDM/WHM (healer)
GEO (Focus + Maliase)
SCH (does SC)
RNG/DNC (doing True Flight off SC)
<Other random job here>

We eventually settled for a COR in that last slot because they made doing objectives easier on the trip up and could give the SCH back their stratagems mid-fight and help the RNG get more TP for True Flight. This ended up being faster then having a BLM or Nirvana SMN.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-21 15:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ***, way to go, wrong thread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-21 16:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if Albumen is one of the easier T4. You should be able to ES Sabo Stymie a full potency Frazzle III for somewhere around -200~230 magic evasion and then maintain that with just ES/Sabo. Do you mind outlining your buffs and spells of choice (Death vs Fire)?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-21 16:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen is a joke melee style now anyway, also this is the omen thread

(also interested in whether it was fire, starting to suspect that death has inherently lower m.acc now.. or always has and it's just now becoming noticable.. but again, omen thread)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-21 16:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted not once, but twice... Someone remove my forum posting rights please. ;_;
By clearlyamule 2017-02-21 17:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Albumen is a joke melee style now anyway, also this is the omen thread

(also interested in whether it was fire, starting to suspect that death has inherently lower m.acc now.. or always has and it's just now becoming noticable.. but again, omen thread)
To take this derail a little further it might have something to do with some note/update they did a long time ago. OF search functions don't work the greatest so I don't have the link right now but definitely saw one where they mentioned higher tier nukes had higher inherent macc. Since I'm not looking at it right now and well this came out way before death so I'm somewhat guessing but I'd believe it only really applied to single target main 6 nukes don't think it applied to AM, helixes etc so would make a certain amount of sense that if Death didn't apply
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-02-22 04:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We do the same strat as Evilsub but have a BRD instead of WHM. Our average run time is somewhere around 20-25 mins.

Frag (blizzard > water) is a nice choice because it will always block the regen. We whittle it down until it Benedictions and then are able to kill it before Bolster/TR wear off.

For people who don't have a full group, we did 5 man it with this strat minus the brd. Damage was a bit slower (lack of thenody, we believe) but were able to easily do a full clear of the run still.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-22 08:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We use a similar strat as Geneyus and Evilsub,

Tank, healer (doesn't matter which if pup) geo sch blm blm

Start with BoG, do frags to break shield, mb thunder. Gets around 30-50k. Abuse Thundaja for damage bonus, we typically get Thundaja right on frag > T6.

Repeat until Benediction (we tend to get between 75 to 40), TR it down to the next flutters, Bolster next bubble, Manafont, frags (if we have PLD, make 3 way with Atonement)

The fight usually takes about 5-8 minutes depending on benediction / charges. I don't get to use BoG a second time. Geo takes care of the shield regen in between. You can aspir it constantly for ridiculous mp when shield is up.

Also I tend to keep flashing in enmity set on GEO so that if it does nail tank, I just hold it in middle with malaise/lang instead, it's not very dangerous compared to the other ones however someone else must go ahead and take care of shield in mean time.

No frazzle, no enfeebles, just Focus/Malaise, entrust Int. If you're getting resisted a lot, get with the times and get rid of Lathi for proper Grioavolr, reroll merlinics with actual Int/m.acc/mab on your augments / ditch amalric legs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-02-22 18:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all. Our group is just getting started on Omen, and our strongest setup is PLD DRG THF COR GEO WHM. Which end boss or bosses should we start working on? Basically which can be mele'd without a RDM or BRD supporting?

We have a few other setups...double SMN as DD or SCH/BLM. And we can double GEO support instead of COR+GEO if need be. We can also tank with either PLD or RUN. But none of us have a viable RDM or BRD atm - and BRD specifically seems really handy for a number of these fights.

So Ideally, we would like to start to beat something with this setup, and then start swapping jobs once we have multiple kills of whatever we can do as is.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-22 20:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Hi all. Our group is just getting started on Omen, and our strongest setup is PLD DRG THF COR GEO WHM. Which end boss or bosses should we start working on? Basically which can be mele'd without a RDM or BRD supporting?

We have a few other setups...double SMN as DD or SCH/BLM. And we can double GEO support instead of COR+GEO if need be. We can also tank with either PLD or RUN. But none of us have a viable RDM or BRD atm - and BRD specifically seems really handy for a number of these fights.

So Ideally, we would like to start to beat something with this setup, and then start swapping jobs once we have multiple kills of whatever we can do as is.

Gin and Kyou will be easy enough. Kin as well. Kei will be extremely difficult for that group but just means your GEO+WHM have to deal with it and hope for shield/earring via boxes. Biggest issue with your setup is needing to use indi-haste full time from the GEO for haste cap, but once you get going bosses should die within an entrust so you can basically vex/frailty bosses and entrust haste. Though you'll want to wilt/frailty the craver.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-23 13:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Fu's evasion depend on how many buffs he's eaten? At times, ~1450 accuracy seemed like it was capped, while at others, it felt like I was whiffing as many as 30% of my attacks.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-02-23 14:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed him being hard to hit sometimes and figured it was a buff absorb thing. Also maybe a magic accuracy boost, since Bolster Vex pre-patch wouldn't block Paralyga or Poisonga on anyone sometimes.
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-23 16:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know where to post this question but here but I am very confused:

Microcosmic Orb Campaign
Vanquishing certain monsters in the following battlefields will occasionally reward players with job cards and a variety of other items.
Shemo in Port Jeuno (H-8) will also trade crests at a rate of two-to-one.

Job cads as in Omen job cards? If so ***just got real.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-02-24 07:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So the next patch of omen will be adding new NMs. Which will be interesting.
So Omen information is going to explode soonish.
And i think?? This patch in march will be the farming card places too?
Don't hold me too it.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-24 08:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's to hoping these new NMs come from paths unlocked from defeating the current boss routes, and not simply new 2 floors post mini boss.

Clearing most bosses with 25 or more minutes left on the clock with all objectives cleared leaves much to be desired.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-24 09:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So now I'll have more bosses to comb through for the next few months.... Took my SP months to finally get everything from Fu (necks, rings, and glassy items). Now on Kin, and they're adding new bosses. Sheesh. Fun I guess, but certainly feel overwhelmed.

I still have an minor issue with that 20hr respawn on the canteen. Would be neat if they added Boss KI (clears) that gave you a percent decrease on canteen accumulation. If they add 3 bosses, would be 8 total. 8 KIs, 1 hour for possessing each KI. Means you could get 2-4 Canteens in a day, assuming you store one and maybe get lucky with portent floor. Then you could go later in the day when the canteen is up again.

Knowing SE, they will milk Omen as long as possible. Can't complain and say SE isn't giving us new content. Ambuscade is spammable daily with only a few limitations. Would be nice if they opened up Omen a bit. Got like 7 jobs to card farm lol ><
[+]
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-24 10:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Still wondering if the microcosmic orb event will be dropping AF upgrade job cards or if someone is just not articulating that it will in fact be empy seals again?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 61 62 63