Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-19 20:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Enough. I'm temp-locking this till tomorrow.
[+]
 Valefor.Vardaman
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2017-01-20 18:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if extending a SCH's SC with a WS (or I guess performing multi-step SCs in-general) actually resets Kei's 8 second window?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-20 18:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a static 8 second window. The shield is down as long as an MB window is up.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-01-20 19:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And to go along with yes it means multistep stays open. So the 3 ws and corresponding skillchain will do normal dmg and the next one etc until you break the chain
[+]
 Valefor.Vardaman
Server: Valefor
user: Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2017-01-20 19:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice. Thanks guys, that all's great to know.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-01-20 20:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody noticed more than just Wind/Fire spikes on Kei? Not sure if it's just been my group's luck, but we've only ever had to swap between Ice/Water to cancel the regen.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-20 20:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only Wind and Fire from our experience.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-20 21:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Do not bring that ***-slinging contest back.

Has anybody noticed more than just Wind/Fire spikes on Kei? Not sure if it's just been my group's luck, but we've only ever had to swap between Ice/Water to cancel the regen.

We've only seen Wind and Fire. Our GEO is who handles keeping the regen down while the SCH setups up the SC for the RNG to blast it on. Dies pretty quickly this way.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-01-20 21:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We just got a treasure floor after boss with gold boxes and got nothing from it. So I'm assuming it tried to give us an item we already capped out on. So yeah, kinda bs it just doesn't try to random another item in pool rather than, hey you already got it so lul u luuz
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-20 21:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a run while completing all objectives and only walked away with 2 cards. First time we've gotten less than 3 while completing everything. <.< Kinda lame and makes me question the impact objectives have on cards.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-01-20 21:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Just did a run while completing all objectives and only walked away with 2 cards. First time we've gotten less than 3 while completing everything. <.< Kinda lame and makes me question the impact objectives have on cards.

This. I'm curious about the true nature of the objectives on cards or any impact on Omen at all. It always seems to be around 2.5 cards for clearing omen no matter how little or many objectives you clear.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-20 22:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ya seems that way for my group too, nearly always get 3 cards on a clear, occasionally 2; regardless 2.5 sounds right.

I am startng to think the omens are more for the free floors/chest or something else.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-20 22:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe clearing objectives somehow weakens the bosses in some way, similar to how certain salvage bosses can have their special abilities weakened by killing a certain monster.

Has anybody parsed 5f boss hp if no objectives are completed and then compared? Or special abilities .
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-20 22:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Made an addon called Omen for tracking objectives and such:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ib6i8vard6sspv/Omen.lua?dl=0

Haven't tested it in Omen itself, but text parsing tests outside seem to work fine. Should put a small draggable box in the top-left corner of your screen only when in Reisenjima Henge (can just type //omen to make it display anywhere though). Currently lacks settings files because my head hurts and I don't care anymore, so you'll have to manually change settings if you hate em. Also has the option to play sound effects when you've cleared an objective (small_clear.wav) and unlocked the portal to the next floor (big_clear.wav).

Would be handy if people can try this out, I probably won't change anything until Sunday though.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-20 23:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a Battlemod filter file that is good for seeing Pain Sync as soon as possible (IE, everything filtered except what you do, what others do to you, what mob does to you, ans mob readying TP moves)?

I've tried to make one myself, but I suck as lua, ans haven't been able to get it to work properly.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-01-20 23:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Made an addon called Omen for tracking objectives and such:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ib6i8vard6sspv/Omen.lua?dl=0

Haven't tested it in Omen itself, but text parsing tests outside seem to work fine. Should put a small draggable box in the top-left corner of your screen only when in Reisenjima Henge (can just type //omen to make it display anywhere though). Currently lacks settings files because my head hurts and I don't care anymore, so you'll have to manually change settings if you hate em. Also has the option to play sound effects when you've cleared an objective (small_clear.wav) and unlocked the portal to the next floor (big_clear.wav).

Would be handy if people can try this out, I probably won't change anything until Sunday though.

Upon trying to load it up:
Omen: Lua runtime error: attempt to call a string value.

No line given for error.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-21 12:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I forgot a single ) when I added the sound thing at the last second, works now, go for it, connect four

edit: updated again tonight, fixed an issue with detecting certain messages and got rid of the []1 at the end of objective lines
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-24 23:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally cleared Kei, it was an ugly run, but our melee strat worked and it was mostly us being idiots and dying to fullers (including a near-full wipe to one -.-).

We went: RUN, THF, COR, GEO, GEO, WHM, because that's my group and we don't have much in the way of options for some of the others. This is a pretty poor config for Kei, but this is how we managed to square peg the circle:

Buffs - Runeists roll / Samurai Roll
Idris vex + frailty
Dunna GEO torpor/fury

The RUN can effectively use TP gear, this was one of the big things that we changed to make it work. So we made a general SC of:

Last stand > Evisceration > Savage Blade > Mandalic Stab > Dimi > Last Stand.

When the final Last stand didn't make Radiance (often) it would just start the whole thing over again. We didn't have a single Fullers without a death (though one wasonly my dualboxed GEO who really has trouble running out in time) which kept us slow on the kill, but I'm pretty confident the kill would be below 20min if we ever managed to not die, and will likely get faster than that as we get more accustomed to it.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-24 23:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
When the final Last stand didn't make Radiance (often) it would just start the whole thing over again.
In your posted SC, Dimidiation would be closing double light, so the final Last Stand should never make Radiance.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-25 00:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
When the final Last stand didn't make Radiance (often) it would just start the whole thing over again.
In your posted SC, Dimidiation would be closing double light, so the final Last Stand should never make Radiance.

yeah, my COR brought that up and that seems to be the case. But what worked out (and happened a few times) is we'd miss Evisc or Savage initially from slow spikes and then the last stand makes up for it and makes a Radiance. The key was mostly Mandalic being able to be stacked at a safe TP, as we didn't have Last Stand hitting terribly hard.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 61 62 63