Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 61 62 63
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-19 15:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Okie, well that's a full page of RDM *** waving; that's enough for me.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Asura.Thorva said: »
dm, that your rdm lacks m.acc, you took it personal and threw a child like fit. I explained in detail ways for you to overcome your issue and you continue to refuse to accept the answers and think that I only say to bring out a sword and melee.

That's the story you put together in your head, not what's actively visible to everyone that actually read the thread.

You did disagree that RDMs can't land enfeebles on their own, and when challenged on it, you said to pull out your sword and close SCs off other people and MB enfeebles that way.

Read again, I specifically addressed your lack of hq gear and mythic as an m.acc issue for not being able to land spells.

Quote:
Let me break this down for you since you seem to want to argue and think you know best, first off you said yourself you don't have mythic or HQ.
This tells me off the bat you are missing out on a lot of m.acc, mythic combined with max aug malevolence or kei shield will get you far better m.acc than you are getting with a perfect aug griov and any grip in the game. Not to mention mythic also gets this amazing thing called aftermath which increases m.acc (another 30-49 m.acc) and lowers m.eva by 10.

Congrats, I already blew a hole wide open in your m.acc set and I haven't even talked about the difference in hq/nq gear.
Augmented hands vs hq enfeeble hands, hmm what is the clear winner.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 15:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

if he refuses to upgrade his gear, then I think we come back to the start of the whole conversation where I said he needs more m.acc

I have RDM +3 body and working towards +3 hands once I get enough cards. He's talking about a +3 body piece for another job, on another character.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

if he refuses to upgrade his gear, then I think we come back to the start of the whole conversation where I said he needs more m.acc

I have RDM +3 body and working towards +3 hands once I get enough cards. He's talking about a +3 body piece for another job, on another character.
Outside of the banter, cg on hands/body +3. Those are great pieces.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 15:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Read again, I specifically addressed your lack of hq gear and mythic as an m.acc issue for not being able to land spells.

No amount of gear macc on top of what I have will make enfeebling Kei viable.

The only solution you've brought follow is to pull out your sword, close out other people's skillchain (READ: Interrupt other people's multi-step skillchains) in order to land your enfeeble.

That is not something you can backtrack on because there is there no other substance to your argument.

To remind you, the core argument is whether or not you can land enfeebles on Kei, as a RDM, without outside help.
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-01-19 15:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
RDMs always upset
Made a comment in Skype last night that RDMs seem to be the most sensitive people.

If you main Job is Rdm, you live in defensive mode. It's the same reason midgets are always so angry and sensitive. They are always just waiting for someone to make fun of them.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

To remind you, the core argument is whether or not you can land enfeebles on Kei, as a RDM, without outside help.
I understand that, and the answer is still yes. It just takes a massive amount of gear, most likely you will need mythic and HQ gear, not many people are willing to put that much effort into a job just to land a spell.

And if you don't want to close a sc, just MB off them. If your group is good and willing, most likely they can bounce a dark sc for frazzle 2 to land, once you have frazzle 2 on, you can step it up a notch for F3. Shouldn't have near the m.acc issues at that point.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 16:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am literally 15-20macc from being capped in every slot and my land rate is floored. Having a mythic over that will not change substantially change that.

If you then say to MB enfeeble off of other people, then your argument falls apart because, again, I said you can't land enfeebles without outside help. Previously, you tried to get around that by saying you should pull out your sword and close your own skillchains, but it looks like you've fully backtracked from that after I spent too much of my time reminding you how dumb that idea is.

Besides, even if other people open a skillchain for you, that still means you're getting outside help.

Unless you want to put the fight on hold for you to both open and close your own skillchain so you can MB slow2 off of yourself, it is definitively and absolutely not possible to land debuffs on a regular basis. There should have never been an argument to begin with.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-19 16:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were me, I'd just work on improving my gear, making sure I had the stats to contribute properly, if that's what this was about. MMOs are kinda a never ending grind to get more stats. I'm not exactly sure what's really wrong here aside from brutal honesty in the form of an opinion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 16:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, we can resolve this pretty easily.

Go do Kei tonight. During your fight, run down the list of enfeebles in a row and post one screenshot to see how many you land. Just cast one spell after another and have it all be in one screenshot, meaning you can't cherry pick the ones that land and leave out the ones that don't. Do not MB off other people's skillchains.

You claim it can be done and I'm calling your bluff.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 16:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, well I told you how to land enfeebles through improve your gear. I then told you how to land enfeebles without upgrading to mythic/hq. You didn't like each answer and you attempt to nitpick because SE won't cater to your lack of improvement.

If you can't melee, if you can't land enfeebles, if you are stuck only curing, hasting and def down debuffs... quit rdm and play something else.

You are the reason your rdm isn't useful. Not anyone else, not the job, it is you refusing to upgrade your gear or your inability to add to multi-step sc, or mb off other people's sc.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 16:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That's enough arguing. I look forward to your screenshot tonight.
By Rife 2017-01-19 16:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Donald Trump doesn't care about RDMs

Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 16:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, we can resolve this pretty easily.

Go do Kei tonight. During your fight, run down the list of enfeebles in a row and post one screenshot to see how many you land. Just cast one spell after another and have it all be in one screenshot, meaning you can't cherry pick the ones that land and leave out the ones that don't. Do not MB off other people's skillchains.

You claim it can be done and I'm calling your bluff.

Yeah, call the bluff of a mythic rdm. I clearly have more m.acc than you, another mythic rdm already said they don't have issues on the very same nm.

You are being petty. Either fix your gear or don't, it only effects you.

That's enough arguing. I look forward to your screenshot tonight.
Yes, I plan to go waste a tag on an nm on a night when my linkshell isn't doing omen, just to fulfill some petty random's "pics or it didn't happen," desires. All after another mythic rdm also stated they didn't have issues on the very same nm.... yeah I will play into that immaturity....

Don't fix your gear, it only effects you.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 16:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a mythic isn't that much of an accomplishment these days. I have three, myself.

Again, be sure to post a screenshot. If you cheat, edit the screenshot or go for multiple attempts until you get a screenshot you like, I won't know, but you will.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-19 16:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just silly at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 16:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a mythic isn't that much of an accomplishment these days. I have three, myself.

Again, be sure to post a screenshot. If you cheat, edit the screenshot or go for multiple attempts until you get a screenshot you like, I won't know, but you will.

Nobody is calling it an accomplishment, only an improvement. It greatly increases your m.acc

Grow up, I won't play into your petty crap. I told you how to improve and you just wanted to get mad about it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why the hell we discussing a RDM meleeing on the most melee unfriendly NM in the batch, seriously...

RDM is great as a healer / support for when your using a non-melee orientated setup. It can heal good enough for Pet / Mage / RNG setups while also providing more support via Enfeebles, especially Inundation and Distract III. We don't bring any nukers on Kei, they just end up being a waste of a slot the way we down him. So far our best setups are

RUN (Usually Rua) tank
GEO (Usually Shy)
SCH (Suppa) for making Fusion
RNG (KG)
RDM (me) for Healing / Enfeebles / Buffs / random stuff
COR (Aig or other 6th member, this slot variable)

We've been experimenting but with Inundation our RNG hits 99K lights every time so Allies not needed, so been using mage or TP focused rolls. Biggest issue we have is the RNG taking hate occasionally, which isn't a big deal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 16:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

(I just wanted to knock him off his high horse. I think we're almost done.)

Asking for a screenshot/proof against an incredible claim is not immature. It's actually the mature and responsible thing to do because belief without evidence is just silly.

You made a claim. I think it's unreasonable and ask for evidence. There is no game there. There is no trick there. It's the simplest thing in the world to ask for and there should be no reason why you would deny such a request. Now, will you provide it or will you not?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-19 16:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorva's right. Back off him. You can't compare AM1 Murgleis to Grio. Even moreso now with the Omen shield.

You're saying that you're "10-15 macc away from perfect in a couple slots". As he pointed out, you forgot the 30-49macc from AM1 as well.

And RDM is in a shitty situation right now for enfeebles. You DO need that crazy level of gear, support, trickery, and the like.

I don't know if you played RDM in the 75 cap days, but enfeebling was that way then, too. Almost near immunity for all things in Sky, Sea. But we built sets trying to squeeze even one more skill out. Hoping to go from 90%resistance to 85%. If you did play then, don't be offended by the history lesson-so many gone from those days.

Lastly, your line of "put the sword away and do your job" is offensive. When I choose not to melee, it is because of dangerous AoEs,bad status AoEs, or I don't want to feed to mob excess TP due to strategy of the group. If I do melee, I'm still hasting,refreshing,enfeebling,acting as a second or third tier curer,and if needed watching crowd control. A lazy RDM "swaps" roles, rather than chooses their role based on the needs of the fight.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-01-19 16:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I wander into the RDM forum by mistake?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 16:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

(I just wanted to knock him off his high horse. I think we're almost done.)

Asking for a screenshot/proof against an incredible claim is not immature. It's actually the mature and responsible thing to do because belief without evidence is just silly.

You made a claim. I think it's unreasonable and ask for evidence. There is no game there. There is no trick there. It's the simplest thing in the world to ask for and there should be no reason why you would deny such a request. Now, will you provide it or will you not?

You would need to be better geared to "knock someone off their high horse," you flat out said you don't have hq or mythic. That is your problem, there is no other debate. You wanted to know how to land spells, I told you. You didn't like the answer and threw a fit.

Furthermore I even took it to pm and apologized for the way I came off and further explained more about rdm in omen, you ignored it and continued to cry and act like you should be landing enfeebles right there alongside an AG Mythic rdm. That just isn't logical, you lack the gear plain and simple.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 16:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Thorva's right. Back off him. You can't compare AM1 Murgleis to Grio. Even moreso now with the Omen shield.

Neither one of those have Enfeebling Magic Skill so the comparison is irrelevant. You have one set for Enfeebling skill, another for non-Enfeebling skill and then a third for max magic accuracy. INT isn't even a factor in major enfeebles so it gets kinda left on the wayside.

Absolutely nothing inside Omen is difficult to enfeeble, seriously guys the MB is CL139. The only thing that is difficult to stick is Frazzle on the Cacturai due to their innate resistance to dark, but they frequently erase themselves so it's not even worth the bother as their not resistant to begin with.

RDM already has a really strong role in that event in non-melee setups. As a DD, that's just not happening. RDM lacks the gear to properly exploit Sword or Dagger WS's and this is entirely SE's fault for leaving them off Herc / ect. Now maybe SE's next major gear release will have RDM on the same set as BLU / THF / NIN / DNC and all will be great again.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-19 17:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I am literally 15-20macc from being capped in every slot and my land rate is floored. Having a mythic over that will not change substantially change that.
If you account for the meleeing and aftermath he talks about it definitely could. 20 macc from gear, -10 meva from death blossom, and the let's say an average 40 macc from aftermath could take you from exactly floored land rate to 40% magic hit rate which assuming a debuff with 1 partial resist state would end up being a 64% land rate.

Though curious what you are using last I checked Murgleis alone was more than 20 macc over the next best option when you account for sub items
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-01-19 17:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, it is impossible to survive as a tank in Omen. I am literally 15-20 -dt% from being capped in every slot, but I still take too much damage and die. Surely improving my gear wouldn't make things easier/as possible as others are experiencing.

Seriously though, the RDMs I run with are very well geared, but also had trouble with Distract. I believe they found that if they cast it while the bosses are also casting, the enfeebles stick more easily.
I can't say this is 100% true as I don't play RDM. I hope that helps.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 17:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you haven't figured it out, you don't get to throw around that many personal insults and then try to claim the moral high ground. Any complain about throwing a fit or whining is clear as day to anyone reasonable that you're just projecting.

That said, given your refusal to provide evidence, I feel fine with leaving it to the court of public opinions. If you feel like you won't win that case, please feel free to continue.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 61 62 63