Forum » FFXI » Escha » Omen Findings
Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-16 20:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I still absolutely loathe Keeper, but THF is possibly the strongest DD vs him, so he's not fun, but don't have many issues when we take him seriously.
By Takisan 2017-01-17 06:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Takisan said: »
They make this new content with everything all nice then make glassy thinker which has discouraged everyone I know from taking melee setups into omen because of how much of a PITA he is.

Dude he's easier with melee's setups then with MB or Pets because melee's can directly control when and how they deal damage while SCH SC's have a long latency, same with pets. The melee's need to know how to fight unlocked and time when they turn around and turn back.

Anyone ever try brd Sentinel's Scherzo on him?
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-17 08:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Scherzo and EA work on Pain Sync, yes
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-17 08:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
BRD told me that Scherzo works ont he first Pain Sync but any subsequent it does not. Can't confirm it
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-17 08:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

aside from how assenine that would be to program with SE's current system, it's just plain not the case

however, scherzo is only 50% so it's still very easy to die with only scherzo because pain sync with DD not holding back will do well over twice your HP

scherzo + EA together is -95%, which will generally protect you unless DD are intentionally trying to WS into it

(really though, like saevel said, the timing isn't that hard)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-17 08:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
They make this new content with everything all nice then make glassy thinker which has discouraged everyone I know from taking melee setups into omen because of how much of a PITA he is.

Dude he's easier with melee's setups then with MB or Pets because melee's can directly control when and how they deal damage while SCH SC's have a long latency, same with pets. The melee's need to know how to fight unlocked and time when they turn around and turn back.

Anyone ever try brd Sentinel's Scherzo on him?

As others have said Scherzo works but it's only 50% reduction and it's far too easy to deal more then 2x that if people aren't paying attention. For DD's it's really not hard, fight unlocked and learn to turn around every few seconds BEFORE he starts reading a TP move. Over 50% HP his TP regain is really slow so you can melee on him a lot more freely, in fact you need to in order to force him to use TP moves so you know to WS or not. Over 30 but under 50 he gets more regain and you gotta watch yourself but still need to feed him TP to know when to WS or not. Under 30% is when he gets Brew level TP regain and will spam WS's and it's here that you need to be extremely careful.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-17 09:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone has tried this, but I've recently been running with a pet setup to Fu without a healer
GEO
COR
RUN/whm
SMN
SMN
BST or SMN

Basically your standard pet setup. Pieced together a neat cure potency and received set that caps me out, so there isn't a real need for a healer. This probably isn't too impressive, but I was considering trying this setup with melee, using curaga2 for hate and geo entrusting refresh and tenebrae for mp management. I haven't found anything particularly too damaging that would require a ton of healing.

Interestingly, Run can heal pretty well if it can keep it's mp high enough. It's native fast cast and aquaveil, along with battuta allows for some interesting options.

Just an idea though.
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-01-17 09:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We melee Thinker without any real problems. Be ready to turn on pain sync and only WS after he uses a TP move. Slow and steady is the way to go with him. Plenty of time to wait for tp move and unload after.

We typically run Pld, Whm, Geo, Cor, Thf, Blu or Drk depending which of our 6th is online.

Of course, competence is key. Took us a few tries to work out the details but generally not a problem melee style at all.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-17 09:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not sure if anyone has tried this, but I've recently been running with a pet setup to Fu without a healer
GEO
COR
RUN/whm
SMN
SMN
BST or SMN

Basically your standard pet setup. Pieced together a neat cure potency and received set that caps me out, so there isn't a real need for a healer. This probably isn't too impressive, but I was considering trying this setup with melee, using curaga2 for hate and geo entrusting refresh and tenebrae for mp management. I haven't found anything particularly too damaging that would require a ton of healing.

Interestingly, Run can heal pretty well if it can keep it's mp high enough. It's native fast cast and aquaveil, along with battuta allows for some interesting options.

Just an idea though.

For Fu and Kei we use a non-melee setup with a RDM "healer". We found RDM to be ideal because it can provide basic Cure support along with Pro / Shell / Haste / Refresh and then Dia III + Distract III + Frazzle III + Addle II + Slow II + Paralyze II on the NMs. Powerful Bind / Gravity II support in case you need to kite it or buy some time. Just overall very versatile and useful to have along.
[+]
By evilsub 2017-01-17 09:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As everyone has stated thinker is easier with melee, if you have multiple melee and are having real issues you can solo dd him very easily. I solo dd him on THF with no issues and we dont use a brd or anything. you just have to be mindful of pain sync and turn as soon as you see it. Even when I do get a full attack round off during pain sync you can easily run out of range or throw up a dt set and live.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-17 09:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Saevel. I've found that you really don't need a white mage too much for omen, especially if you're not risking having multiple melee in range. Where you're using corsair, ranger, beasts, or summons, it may be better off leaving that job out completely if you can stick another support or dd in there.

Good stuff
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-17 10:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM is really only there for Curaga III / IV support on multiple DD's + RUN/DRK "tank" along with potent Barspell's for blocking annoying status ailments. If your only having one or two (GEO) people in range for damage then a RDM can easily main heal that without problem. I usually go /WHM for Curaga II in case we get the craver. It also lets me do 165 point barspells without having to rely on stratagems. Overall pretty potent support job for when you don't need the raw curing power of a WHM.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-17 10:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to channel my inner PLD by subbing white mage on rune. Even for craver, Wilt will protect you from nearly everything harmful. I do like the drk super job on rune, as I've had no issue with holding and claiming hate the entire runs. Only reason I suggested white mage sub is because I'd only be responsible for myself. But you're right, bring a Rdm and problem solved entirely with much more.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-01-17 20:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did two Omen runs today and got very lucky on Drops. Kyou on the first run who dropped Enmerkar Earring followed by a chest floor where we got a Hope Crystal. I can confirm that we had 666 Omens going up to Floor 5.

On the second run we did Fu and got...

Nisroch Jerkin! Congrats to Reehna! Then we followed that up with another chest floor! Oddly enough we had 986 Omens going up to floor 5, so I don't know if the whole 666 Omens thing really is the deciding factor or not.

Two more items.

Also, if anyone is interested here's what I've recorded so far for Glassy NMs. The red time is the only one that I can't confirm as I didn't record it. All other times are valid. Enjoy trying to break it down.

Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-17 20:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Did two Omen runs today and got very lucky on Drops. Kyou on the first run who dropped Enmerkar Earring followed by a chest floor where we got a Hope Crystal. I can confirm that we had 666 Omens going up to Floor 5.

On the second run we did Fu and got...

Nisroch Jerkin! Congrats to Reehna! Then we followed that up with another chest floor! Oddly enough we had 986 Omens going up to floor 5, so I don't know if the whole 666 Omens thing really is the deciding factor or not.

Two more items.

Also, if anyone is interested here's what I've recorded so far for Glassy NMs. The red time is the only one that I can't confirm as I didn't record it. All other times are valid. Enjoy trying to break it down.

Curious how many of the objectives you guys completed on floors 1/2/4 on the boss body armor run? Any TH?
 Asura.Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-01-17 21:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Curious how many of the objectives you guys completed on floors 1/2/4 on the boss body armor run? Any TH?

We were using a BLU cleave setup, so we cleared maybe 2 objectives across all the floors. If any TH, it would've been 4 max. We don't usually tag stuff. Our group just got started last week, so we've only been clearing bosses trying to nail down setups and strategies.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-17 21:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We were using a BLU cleave setup, so we cleared maybe 2 objectives across all the floors. If any TH, it would've been 4 max. We don't usually tag stuff. Our group just got started last week, so we've only been clearing bosses trying to nail down setups and strategies.

No offense intended, but *** you.

Been doing Gin all but a handful of times, full clears, max objectives possible and THF main in every run and no body drops.

(as should be obvious, since body drops in the same slot as another item, TH has 0 effect on the content)
 Asura.Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-01-17 21:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been running Omen since it's release. I switched to this group to provide relief for my other group and help this group get going since we're all in the same linkshell. I feel ya on no body drops. They're rare.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-17 22:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And then I do Omen for another Torque from Craver (we're capped on it) and double *** scale. I wish TH opened a 2nd slot like it does on Escha NM's.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-01-18 01:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a body drop off of Kei today. We weren't doing very well on objectives, probably only cleared 3 objectives. TH4 was on Kei, we did have a treasure floor after floor 3, with only 1 chest opened. I don't remember the exact Omen we had before entering floor 5 unfortunately :x but we killed almost every monster on floor 4.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-18 05:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
And then I do Omen for another Torque from Craver (we're capped on it) and double *** scale. I wish TH opened a 2nd slot like it does on Escha NM's.

No, *** TH forever. The better solutions would be both slots dropping anything, the second slot not having scales, or scales having a second and more immediate use. Also picking your Glassy NM.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-18 05:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm one of the BRDs who reported the early messages of "Hey! Scherzo works!" but it was like day 1 in Omen, we had no bloody clue how Pain Sync worked and I never tried it again ever since.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure Scherzo works.
Back then during those 3 wipes I noticed that after using Scherzo damage dropped from the first wipe (over 9k damage) to under 2k.
What I wonder though... was that second Pain Sync 2k because of Scherzo, or simply because less damage was dealt while Thinker was readying Pain Sync?

It's kinda a legit question and I'm unable to provide an answer.
If it were for me I have no bloody clue if Scherzo really works on Pain Sync.

What sort of test did the other BRDs do, to be 100% sure Scherz works?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-01-18 13:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

EA and Scherzo really work on Pain Sync, Migawari does too.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-18 13:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
EA and Scherzo really work on Pain Sync, Migawari does too.

The beauty about EA and Scherzo is that they stack. We've not been in too many situations where we had SMN and BRD together (mostly COR buffs are used), but the time we did and had both EA and Scherzo up together, the DD's practically just zerged right through Pain Sync with no damage whatsoever done to the group.
By Lyramion 2017-01-18 15:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

- No THF
- 27 minutes left
- Missed an MB objective on floor 2, cleared everything else
- No secret Floors this run
- Thinker midboss

If you really want to Tinfoilhat around, last Omen before warp up was 88 !
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-18 15:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion said: »

- No THF
- 27 minutes left
- Missed an MB objective on floor 2, cleared everything else
- No secret Floors this run
- Thinker midboss

If you really want to Tinfoilhat around last Omen before warp up was 88 !

It does exist!
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-01-18 15:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm one of the BRDs who reported the early messages of "Hey! Scherzo works!" but it was like day 1 in Omen, we had no bloody clue how Pain Sync worked and I never tried it again ever since.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure Scherzo works.
Back then during those 3 wipes I noticed that after using Scherzo damage dropped from the first wipe (over 9k damage) to under 2k.
What I wonder though... was that second Pain Sync 2k because of Scherzo, or simply because less damage was dealt while Thinker was readying Pain Sync?

It's kinda a legit question and I'm unable to provide an answer.
If it were for me I have no bloody clue if Scherzo really works on Pain Sync.

What sort of test did the other BRDs do, to be 100% sure Scherz works?

Scherzo definitely works. As the tank, I took full damage from a Pain Sync that killed me (~2100 dmg-ish) while everyone else in my party took either 0 damage or severely reduced damage.

EDIT: Here's an excerpt from a run we did ~2 weeks ago.
Code
The Glassy Thinker readies Pain Sync.
Ephedra casts Curaga III.Aerora recovers 286 HP.
Aerora scores a critical hit!The Glassy Thinker takes 917 points of damage.
Aerora scores a critical hit!The Glassy Thinker takes 867 points of damage.
Neymar hits the Glassy Thinker for 147 points of damage.
Neymar hits the Glassy Thinker for 149 points of damage.
Neymar hits the Glassy Thinker for 207 points of damage.
Kioki recovers 51 HP.
Neymar recovers 16 HP.
Deca recovers 0 HP.
Aeroja recovers 0 HP.
Deca hits the Glassy Thinker for 230 points of damage.
Deca scores a critical hit!The Glassy Thinker takes 406 points of damage.
Unable to see the Glassy Thinker.
Aerora uses Dimidiation.The Glassy Thinker takes 8058 points of damage.
AM3: [OFF]
***RE-HASTE WHOMEVER***
The Glassy Thinker uses Pain Sync.Aerora takes 2128 points of damage.
Neymar takes 1094 points of damage.
Deca takes 1094 points of damage.
Kioki takes 987 points of damage.
Ephedra takes 343 points of damage.
Aeroja takes 846 points of damage.
The Luopan takes 273 points of damage.
Aerora was defeated by the Glassy Thinker.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-18 18:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I'm starting to think that body drop is based on some kind of randomized chance.
[+]
By Lyramion 2017-01-18 21:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Hmm, I'm starting to think that body drop is based on some kind of randomized chance.

Blasphemous ! I once got a DRing to drop...

- facing east
- while it rained in Zitah
- having eaten a 4 leaf mandragora bud
- new moon
- fed my chocobo at 11.30 the day before

All this directly contributed to the drop and has to be seen as hard fact.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-18 22:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Blasphemous ! I once got a DRing to drop...

- facing east
- while it rained in Zitah
- having eaten a 4 leaf mandragora bud
- new moon
- fed my chocobo at 11.30 the day before

All this directly contributed to the drop and has to be seen as hard fact.

Gotta get creative. Every drop from Omen is either a Babylonian, Assyrian, Sumerian or other ancient deity-named drop. People are confirming 666 Omen gets treasure floors. Has anyone confirmed if having the Mark of the Wild Beast does anything for drop rate? Possible tarutaru child sacrifice before boss death. Full moon worship?

Leave it up to someone to figure that out...
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 61 62 63