Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Ixion!
 Asura.Lordwmd
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Lordwmd 2016-12-09 07:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
low man nidhogg is/was/always will be my favorite thing. that and kb. kb was never hard, but making sure it never went unclaimed could be. i liked a lot of the sea fights. a couple of znms were fun. maybe lamia #9 for a regular nm? trio'd it with 2 other summoners for those stupid leviathan gloves that i NEVER saw drop. just getting there was such an ordeal, and it was honestly never 100% you'd kill it the first try. oh, reraise hairpin. you were the real hero.
Did him last week https://www.twitch.tv/saumel_l_jcakson/v/106271174
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2016-12-09 08:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Waking the Beast X6 followed by
Full Moon Fountain Lv.80 Carbuncle Prime
Having 3 RDMs and 15 SMNs all having 15 Fenrirs out.
A very fun fight.
A lot of memories on Fairy.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-09 08:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Argus/KA/Eastern Shadow/DI/SW/Kings. If you had a PCA you were either really lucky or camped for months on end.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-12-09 08:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite battlefield/boss was Promathia, no question.

The music and atmosphere was just incredible. The first phase of the fight was a build up to the real challenge of the second phase, when the music get's very "kick ***". Prishe trash talking and throwing dropkicks. Selh'teus coming through with clutch Rejuvinations and epic one-liners. Meteors left and right.

Not sure which HNM was my favorite, maybe old school KB. That was a pretty sick fight.

My favorite HNM memory though was against Tiamat back when it first came out. Someone pulled hate from behind with it at ~10%, and caused a Flail. Everybody died. Except, by some miracle, I flat out evaded it. As WHM/BLM. Suddenly I'm drawn in, and getting chomped on. Thank God for Stoneskin, because my HP quickly drops to the red. I cast Flash.

Tiamat misses Francisco.
Tiamat misses Francisco.
Francisco uses Elemental Seal.
Francisco casts Sleep.
Tiamat is asleep.
Entire linkshell: HOLY ***, LOL
Entire linkshell: RAISE RDMZZZZZZZZ
Got up a couple of red mages, who got up some tanks.
We won.
MVP.
But I didn't get the friggin' title, because it was furious with me once it woke up, so I died and got dropped for a live mage.
Jerks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Funstealer
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2016-12-09 08:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

bahamaut blackmage style before people knew u could tp burn stuff was fun

same with all the wyrms all hnms on Fenrir were usally exciting with people trying to mpk eachother everday back at 75 cap
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-12-09 09:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The original, 60-cap One To Be Feared is still the reigning champion. The combination of challenge, cinematic buildup, and genuinely high stakes (the last true barrier to sea, and it broke a lot of statics) make it a pretty hard one to unseat.

Following that, in order:
- The Delve I fights
- Hall of Mul
- NNI
- Divine Might
- Odin II
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
Server: Asura
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2016-12-09 14:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I hate the disgusting amount of time/rage I poured into Voidwatch loot (surely it was because he loved me that Kaggen wanted to see me over 350 times for Mekira...), I came to enjoy organizing and leading clear/loot VW runs during its prime. Probably was the only time I felt actually confident enough to recruit people and run the show (normally I'm far too nervous and worried to lead).

Maat will always be memorable for me as well. I wish modern MMOs had "git gud" personal checkpoints like him where you cannot progress on the coattails of other players.

I liked Nyzul Uncharted too. The first group I joined was skeptical about me being BLU, but they let me trial and proved I could do alright. Getting my first floor 100 clear with those guys was very exciting.
[+]