Why Are You Playing FFXI Still?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why are you playing FFXI still?
Why are you playing FFXI still?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-12-07 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-12-07 15:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

some men jus want to watch the server burn
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-12-07 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have one friend in my life that who's shown me nothing but respect and honesty, I stay for him. When I got sick a few years back I lost all my real life friend, no one wanted to make an effort to keep in contact and I felt myself being drawn more and more to online communities for any sort of social contact. I stayed with FF11 because I enjoyed the game and I enjoyed playing with most of the people on my server. Through out all the years my friend has never left my side even when I went to FF14 (which he hated) he still stayed with me and when I came back to FF11 I found out he was the only person still in my linkshell (alone for nearly 2 years). No one in my life has ever made such an effort to make me feel like I was worth a damn. So yeah, I stay for my friend.
[+]
By nasomi 2016-12-07 15:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a masochist.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-07 17:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Littleanimal said: »
I have one friend in my life that who's shown me nothing but respect and honesty, I stay for him. When I got sick a few years back I lost all my real life friend, no one wanted to make an effort to keep in contact and I felt myself being drawn more and more to online communities for any sort of social contact. I stayed with FF11 because I enjoyed the game and I enjoyed playing with most of the people on my server. Through out all the years my friend has never left my side even when I went to FF14 (which he hated) he still stayed with me and when I came back to FF11 I found out he was the only person still in my linkshell (alone for nearly 2 years). No one in my life has ever made such an effort to make me feel like I was worth a damn. So yeah, I stay for my friend.
This is great :)
 Asura.Madotsukii
Server: Asura
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2016-12-07 17:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I still return on/off (currently back!) because this game is definitely very special for me.

It was the first MMO that really pulled me in and had me playing frequently, even though I'd touched other MMOs in the past. No other MMO's storylines/quests have even come close to topping the missions and campaigns from FFXI for me. It also helped me get through a period of time where I got laid off by a job and was struggling to find new work. FFXI does a good job of filling the "full time job" void!

More importantly it's thanks to FFXI that I met my closest friends that I still interact with daily. One of them is revisiting the game with me right now, the others we still play other games together with frequently. FFXI was really good at getting people to forge strong bonds (and mortal enemies but hey we're trying to be positive here!) that are able stand the tests of time.