Why Are You Playing FFXI Still?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why are you playing FFXI still?
Why are you playing FFXI still?
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 11:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For me it's because of crafting (it's an addiction). Mostly the gameplay I tried 14 and it just didn't feel right for me. Also the many friends I met who quit or moved to 14. How about the rest of you?
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-06 11:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Have yet to find a game as fun? I like my accomplishments also in a game to mean more than "I beat it" which I feel you can never really do in ffxi. I guess also for the hope they keep updating and will do new content thats fun, so I play to not fall behind the curve.

I can understand why people quit too. For all the above reasons :D
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-06 11:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 best chat client.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-06 11:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I love to do campaign tbh. Even if windurst can't keep their areas to save their damn life.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-12-06 11:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Friends.

2. Since playing from the beginning (2003), why stop now? I'd like to continue to see the evolution of the game as it happens - at least until the lights get turned off.

3. I want to continue to have/pursue the best items in the game, because why not?

4. Drama. FFXI and Nonsensical drama go hand in hand, and Asura has no shortage of it. After a while you just kind of get used to it. Sadistically speaking, some of it is actually mildly entertaining. :o
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-06 11:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's something I can play with my brother despite living in different houses. Plenty of challenges for us.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-12-06 11:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Best game ever
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-06 11:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
For me it's because of crafting (it's an addiction). Mostly the gameplay I tried 14 and it just didn't feel right for me. Also the many friends I met who quit or moved to 14. How about the rest of you?

Because FFXI is the best Final Fantasy game... well the best game there is ^^

There is nothing else like it. Endless things to do and redo. ^^

And when you can't play FFXI, then playing Final Fantasy V and the original Final Fantasy ^^

(or maybe one of those old dungeon crawlers ^_~)11111
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-12-06 11:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The mechanical complexity. Forever ago I worked out how to make BST/RNG a thing to kill Muyingwa. And it worked. Absolutely stupid and pointless, but FFXI lets me do anything I want and places the challenge on me to make it work. I looked at tanking end game content on PUP, and I started doing it. And it kept working. I worked out how to abuse Overdrive to make the Automaton into a death machine, and it worked.

There were almost certainly other people doing these things, but I personally never saw anyone using them. All I would see were people laughing and saying lolpup. FFXI let me tackle content in my own way gave me the tools to succeed. In doing so, I've found substantially more joy in my accomplishments in this game than I have in any other game, ever. If I find something else that can replicate that for me, I might considering moving on. But not until then.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-06 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I worked out how to abuse Overdrive to make the Automaton into a death machine, and it worked.
Did you seriously just claim hitting your 2 hour as a strategy you made up?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-12-06 12:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I worked out how to abuse Overdrive to make the Automaton into a death machine, and it worked.

No, I said abusing Overdrive. It isn't a straightforward SP ability and ideally you shouldn't be using it without setting up your Automaton specifically for it.
 Bismarck.Funstealer
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2016-12-06 12:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

hate to say it but look around at all the mmos that are around right now none of them even compare to how fun ffxi was and still is

most them of cash shops which kinda ruin the game or the content isn't there to make it enjoyable

ever notice how many people still play world of Warcraft too? its these games were just made and made back then.

the fun with friends on here is always great too even tho were *** 99% of the time to eachother its still funny
[+]
By Calinari 2016-12-06 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh this thread again!

I would say I play strictly to make others jealous, but I'm not allowed to say that U_U;;

The new goal is breaking even. Making the money back I've spent on sub~
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 12:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Have yet to find a game as fun? I like my accomplishments also in a game to mean more than "I beat it" which I feel you can never really do in ffxi. I guess also for the hope they keep updating and will do new content thats fun, so I play to not fall behind the curve.

I can understand why people quit too. For all the above reasons :D

I'm in the same boat as you lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 12:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
I love to do campaign tbh. Even if windurst can't keep their areas to save their damn life.

Omg I haven't done that forever. Maybe I can go get revenge on that damn shadow hand.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 12:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
1. Friends.

2. Since playing from the beginning (2003), why stop now? I'd like to continue to see the evolution of the game as it happens - at least until the lights get turned off.

3. I want to continue to have/pursue the best items in the game, because why not?

4. Drama. FFXI and Nonsensical drama go hand in hand, and Asura has no shortage of it. After a while you just kind of get used to it. Sadistically speaking, some of it is actually mildly entertaining. :o

I use to be part of and co leader of a 24/7 US/JP/EU HNMLS I miss those days so much :(
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 12:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
It's something I can play with my brother despite living in different houses. Plenty of challenges for us.

Freaking great
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 13:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Funstealer said: »
hate to say it but look around at all the mmos that are around right now none of them even compare to how fun ffxi was and still is

most them of cash shops which kinda ruin the game or the content isn't there to make it enjoyable

ever notice how many people still play world of Warcraft too? its these games were just made and made back then.

the fun with friends on here is always great too even tho were *** 99% of the time to eachother its still funny

I agree WoW was too childish to me. Guild wars was..lame. Lord of the rings online was ok. FF14 reminds of wow I hated wow. Music designs graphics are great. But the mechanics annoy me FF11 my favorite mmorpg
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-12-06 13:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxi kept me entertained while in the white house. Now I must pass this passtime on to trump.
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2016-12-06 13:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i play because my husband usually takes the TV hostage lol . and my pc tv doesnt have any normal audio output so i cant plug in my ps4 in it or else i play without sound T_T
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 13:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Samunai said: »
i play because my husband usually takes the TV hostage lol . and my pc tv doesnt have any normal audio output so i cant plug in my ps4 in it or else i play without sound T_T
I play without music on too. Well in my headphones is FF14 music lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-12-06 14:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To always make sure NIN > all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-12-06 14:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to make WAR great again.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-12-06 15:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am waiting for Trump to make MNK great again.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-06 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

No, I said abusing Overdrive. It isn't a straightforward SP ability and ideally you shouldn't be using it without setting up your Automaton specifically for it.
And what do you do so differently that you wouldn't use without overdrive?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-06 15:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's like a lover. Every time I hear music, or someone mentions it, I long to go back. Sometimes I do, even though all of my gear and jobs are way behind. She ages, but she's still beautiful in my eyes. She changes and I don't care. I love that game. It's like a part of me.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-06 15:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Because it's like a lover. Every time I hear music, or someone mentions it, I long to go back. Sometimes I do, even though all of my gear and jobs are way behind. She ages, but she's still beautiful in my eyes. She changes and I don't care. I love that game. It's like a part of me.

Deep
By Boshi 2016-12-06 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just here to remind ppl RDM libes matter.

Then flip to blu geo or cor.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-12-06 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of SAM..

Also gearswapping on the fly is cool..

I'll examine FFXIV's Samurai and how it will be like when they release it.. One day...
By sentran 2016-12-06 16:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife and I can play together even when I'm deployed to another country. Still love the game.
First Page 2 3