Forum » FFXI » General » Bard Vs Thf
Bard Vs Thf
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-04 18:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For just sake of argument and maybe options for ppl lacking in jobs they can take to higher end events.

Thf vs Bard for DD use, which is better stronger and why?

I'll assume everyone blanket says Thf, but has anyone DD up on some bard? Similar weapon choices/options Self buffs, Gear for both DD and tank in close, as well as a large amount of why the hell not.

I'm bored this is something to talk about and nope did not read to see if this has been talked about before.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-04 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

THF just has immensely superior gear, abilities, and traits for a DD role. BRD isn't bad, but it will never be comparable to a real DD
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-04 18:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

In which way does a Thf have better options?
can you be specific?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-04 18:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Herculean and Adhemar vs Chironic and Telchine.

Native triple attack trait and gifts, crit damage bonus traits and gifts, 36 accuracy from gifts vs BRD's 21, sneak attack and trick attack. A+ dagger skill compared to Bard's B-.

The freedom to sub WAR for Berserk, Aggressor, DA trait while still maintaining DW vs BRD being generally forced into a /NIN or /DNC playstyle.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-12-04 18:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

-Sneak/Trick attack (huge advantage)
-Better dd and ws gear options. BRD is in the same spot as RDM. They have dd gear options but they are not nearly as good as they could be. RDM is still stuck with taeon if I'm not mistaken and BRD would probably be stuck with a lot of the Telchine set.
-Much higher acc and multi attack because of said gear (Thief also has a decent amount of triple attack from job traits)

Bard can DD but it's not comparable to Thief in terms of damage by a long shot. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it though. If you like to DD brd then go for it. Damage is damage at the end of the day.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-04 18:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

WS gear mix in some Lustratio for max Dex, Songs which can easily make up for a thfs multi attack, large amount of similar gear a thf and bard can share does not have to limit to 2 sets you mention.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-04 18:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SA / TA for starters, then really high natural Triple Attack along with access to all the light DD gear that's loaded with Accuracy, Dex, Crit and Multi-Attack.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-04 18:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Songs really don't make up for multi-attack, I don't know where you're going with that. Unless you're talking about a literally zero-buff situation where the jobs are only allowed to use their own buffs, there's just no contest.

What other DD sets are you looking at that BRD has that are even remotely competitive with Adhemar and Herculean?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-04 19:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can not think of anything lol, I have not played bard in well over 2 years as well as I never got more than 100 jp on it. Was just looking to give options for farming gear vs other optimal setups. Any further input is welcome and if anyone has some gear sets to add would be nice.
Thank you Oraen for the input
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-04 19:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A geared brd will never out dd a geared Thf sorry.
 Odin.Psycooo
Server: Odin
user: Psycooo
By Odin.Psycooo 2016-12-04 19:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming this is an actual question and not an attempt to screw with people... Even if you gave both the jobs the same gear, thf will win from SA/TA and gifts. Thf has DW3 in traits and another 5% from gifts.

Can brd hit some decent numbers? Probably, but it won't compete.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-12-04 21:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard has a pretty decent argument for a Fencer build with Aeneas. And Aeolian Edge is probably better on Bard.... if that's something you care about I guess.

Although now I kinda want to do that for shits and gigs.
By Verda 2016-12-04 22:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

unstacked rudra can compare on bard to thf in part thanks to lustratio +1 and fencer with aeneas. Where BRD would fall behind is in multi attack rates and tp sets and stacked ws, however we have a BRD in our ls who can outparse some of our DD so it's worth doing imo, if you push BRD it can do good numbers vs someone who is still building up their DD in comparison. I know a NIN and BRD who duo tenzen for fun on VD and the BRD often wins parse, though the NIN doesn't take the game nearly as seriously as the BRD my point is that BRD can do some respectable DPS with unstacked Rudra and Aeneas and Lustratio gear if you gear it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-05 03:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
For just sake of argument and maybe options for ppl lacking in jobs they can take to higher end events.

Thf vs Bard for DD use, which is better stronger and why?

I'll assume everyone blanket says Thf, but has anyone DD up on some bard? Similar weapon choices/options Self buffs, Gear for both DD and tank in close, as well as a large amount of why the hell not.

I'm bored this is something to talk about and nope did not read to see if this has been talked about before.
Are you trying to compare them, like, in a non-buff, non-trust situation?
If so then BRD would probably win because of the sheer amount of selfbuffs they can provide.
If we're talking about buffed or trust situations, then of course THF has immensely superior JAs, traits, Gifts and gear compared to BRD.
By Bahadir 2016-12-05 06:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm for trust situations I agree that Thf would pull ahead but in party situations the question shouldnt be "who wins the parse?" but "who adds a greater contribution to the party?" Even if Thf outparses the brd, the Brd will buff and thus increase the performance of the whole party.
Does that make up for lacking dmg? I dont know. But I think this should be considered.
 Asura.Fujilives
user: Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2016-12-05 17:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is Idris Geo
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-12-05 17:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I never knew brds got screwed on melee gear that bad tbh.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-05 18:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like we are comparing apples to oranges here.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-05 18:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

this is likely a troll, but there ARE a few pieces that BRD is on that are going to at least be better from a DD perspective than Reisenjima armor: Bard has access to the new shijin set. are any of them great? hell no. however, Reiki Osode and Jokushu Haidate would probably be worth wearing (the Haidate probably less so since DEX is all that is really noteworthy on there....) considering the alternatives. Genmei Kabuto/Kobo Kote/Shukuyu Sune-ate MIGHT be usable in a weaponskill set. maybe. I'd call it a stretch, however, it's food for thought. Onca Suit is also All Jobs, but it's far from worth writing home about these days.