Letting The Community Choose The Campaigns.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Letting the Community Choose the campaigns.
Letting the Community Choose the campaigns.
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-30 12:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why they haven't done this. But they should really implement a system where the community has some choice in the monthly campaigns.Decembers campaigns are literal ***(Beside I guess Vagary). And it seems like you only give us the Unity one when you run out of ideas.I think people would have preferred double slit or something rather than chocobo digging which only benefits 2% of the server that do it.

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-30 12:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
double slit
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-30 12:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why they haven't done this.
Because the answers would always be the same:

Double Exp.
Double CP.
Voidwatch
Dynamis (Auto all time)

Possibly Unity.

But having the players decide will force the same campaigns to run over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again until people get tired of the game and end up quitting because lack of substance.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-11-30 12:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

While quite logical, we'd of course keep certain ones going all the time (CP, HTBF come to mind) and really only reveal flaws in their designs. Which essentially what the campaigns are there for anyways.

But, if CP were permanent, we'd eventually burn out the jobs we want to master. At least spacing it out draws it out, albeit artificially.

The real problem is that November was insane on the Campaign bonuses, and now we get crap to even it out.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-11-30 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can they hurry up and let us just pay and choose 3 campaigns for some amount of money on top of our wardrobe fees???? It's an inevitability, why draw it out
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-30 13:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

cycling them keeps different content relevant and helps fill market gaps

we might not like having to cram all our CP into one month every 4, but it's for the best of the game
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-11-30 14:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Can they hurry up and let us just pay and choose 3 campaigns for some amount of money on top of our wardrobe fees???? It's an inevitability, why draw it out
they might consider it, for a small monthly fee
Just tie it in to the SE acct management system
"Pick 3 campaign buffs you would like for this billing cycle, they will be unavailable for the next 2-3 months"

This way people cant always do double XP/CP every month, but it doesnt pigeon hole the entire server into the same content.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-30 14:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would pay for that tbh.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-30 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over,
 Asura.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-01 08:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, maybe make a poll, but don't let the poll decide what campaign you are going to put. Just use it to survey people interest...

Or just put CP/Exp campaign up all the time, it will achieve the same result.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-12-01 09:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people would have preferred double slit or something rather than chocobo digging which only benefits 2% of the server that do it.]

Chocobo digging is a big deal bro! I think its more like 0.02% of people who still do it. I hardly ever notice people doing it anymore.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-12-01 14:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I still cant believe they actually made chocobo digging a focal point of a monthly campaign.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-01 16:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over,
 Asura.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-01 18:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

To be be completely honest, I sorta dislike campaigns, I kinda feel like they end up disturbing the flow of endgame, especially on less populate servers. A lot of events get abandoned because "why bother, let's just wait for campaign and do it then".
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-12-02 02:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taruranto said: »
To be be completely honest, I sorta dislike campaigns, I kinda feel like they end up disturbing the flow of endgame, especially on less populate servers. A lot of events get abandoned because "why bother, let's just wait for campaign and do it then".
Thats what I mean by pigeonholing everyone into certain content for a month.

Now this month Vagary is gonna be booming, all the mats will drop at once, and then for 5 months the supply will be bone dry.