Warder Farming questions
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Dirtaru
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dirtaru
By Leviathan.Dirtaru 2016-11-29 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm stuck at work and was wondering about farming up the torques to make combatants torque. I haven't really fought many of the wardens and was curious to see what's the best way to go about these. Solo or groups needed for which ones etc. any tips would be great.
 Asura.Frootz
Server: Asura
user: Frootz
By Asura.Frootz 2016-11-29 08:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I farmed a full Warder of Courage pop KI on BLU solo with Trusts. A couple on THF also, still missing 2-3 Torques but you could do it too probably. The Warders are pretty easy to Kill except Prudence which could be a Douch. I actually did that one during the Trust Boost Campaign.
 Odin.Lygre
Server: Odin
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-11-29 09:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu/Thf would be the job choice with the most overall efficacy imo.
TH seems to have a very significant impact on warder drops.

Oh, yeah—set entomb.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2016-11-29 09:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd all the Warders on Blu/War (with pretty meh gear) with little difficulty.

The only one I cannot solo is Love. If anybody knows a solo/duo setup to kill Warder of Love, I would appreciate it. I just got my sch to 550, so I'm gonna try sch solo soon.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-29 09:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Some warders are really easy and you can totally solo them with pretty much any melee plus trusts. I guess THF suggested so you get more chances on Torques (supposing TH works for them but I think it does?)
Among this category of easy ones I can list: Mercy, Loayalty, Dignity, Hope, Temperance (?)

Temperance is technically doable in this list, but you're gonna need a good distribution of different damage types, and it's gonna take quite a while alas, so not very practical for "farming" =/

Faith is very easy to solo on SCH if you have the job geared up.

Justice is a pain and requires a job able to AoE and kill those adds fast. Easy on BLU, maybe doable on GEO and BLM? I doubt on GEO, maybe possible on BLM.

Prudence is a pain regardless, it's a bit random and annoying with those disappear/swap/targetlock mechanics. I've done it during trust campaign but I also died several times.
Much easier with a friend and trusts, one of you with trusts on one target, the other one "tanks" the second hpmede.

Love is easy on BST, not too bad on SMN, maybe PUP too I dunno.
You have to deal with the charm from the main boss (easily avoidable with pets or trust tank) and with the adds. For those you kinda need an AoE job so again BLU, BLM etc.

I don't really remember Fortitude atm, sorry.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-29 10:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »
I solo'd all the Warders on Blu/War (with pretty meh gear) with little difficulty.

The only one I cannot solo is Love. If anybody knows a solo/duo setup to kill Warder of Love, I would appreciate it. I just got my sch to 550, so I'm gonna try sch solo soon.
Soloed on PUP with Overdrive.

Fortitude is a joke. Just use Shantotto II and kill the adds first with a good tank trust. Gessho probably the best to eat the vorpals with utsu.
By geigei 2016-11-29 10:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience (lots) TH have 0 impact on torque.
By Ricon 2016-11-29 10:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For love just go blu, it's a complete joke even without trusts. Dream flower will keep all of the adds slept AND love. If you get get charmed then just start over with sleep and kill. Whole fight takes about 45 seconds so charm isn't much of an issue since he seems to like to boost or barrage more.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-11-29 11:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to use AoE BLU spells to kill Love. I've also used BLM (need to save Mana Wall so you don't get wrecked by adds.)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-29 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
over the course of 12 incanter's torques and ~30 loose melee ones, i would say you're absolutely wrong
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-29 11:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

TH affects the chance of their 3 non-eschalixir drops (1 max, presumably equal distribution). Nothing you can do to increase the chance of that drop being a torque, though.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-29 11:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've killed all of them on BLU and all but Love and maybe Temperance (can't remember) on THF, but that's not to say those last two couldn't be done on THF as well.
 Leviathan.Dirtaru
user: Dirtaru
By Leviathan.Dirtaru 2016-11-29 12:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate all the info and feedback my blu isn't quite ready to do stuff but I do have thf and masa SAM. I'll give the "easy" ones a go and see what happens will definitelt bring my thf friend.
 Valefor.Darvis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Darvis 2016-11-29 13:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can more or less auto attack Mercy to death with trusts. Also is there a default respawn time on any of these lottery spawn guys?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-29 13:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Darvis said: »
Can more or less auto attack Mercy to death with trusts. Also is there a default respawn time on any of these lottery spawn guys?
There is 0 respawn time. You can kill the NM and the next "place holder" you kill 5 seconds later can re-pop the NM. Having Rare Enemy vorseal(s) will help a lot though.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-29 13:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Defeating Tumult Curator in particular for his Rare Enemy+ Vorseal adds 10% chance of an NM spawning to EACH Rare Enemy+ Vorseal that you've collected thus far.

I'm kidding. ><
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-29 14:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet the TH blessing (which as far as we know is not a separate mechanic from TH itself) has been reported to make a huge difference.

I don't have a huge sample to provide statistically reliable data, but personally I've noticed a considerable difference in drops when I went /THF (with TH3 or 4) from when I was ignoring TH completely.
Again, might be just bias, I apologize.
 Valefor.Darvis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Darvis 2016-11-29 14:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice, thank you!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-29 14:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I once killed Temperance solo on THF with a hoe. It was terrible.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-29 14:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

TH has zero impact on what actually occupies the drop slot, instead it impacts the probability of a drop slot opening.

NM has 2 drop slots, first is 25% second is 5%, TH effects both and makes the more common. If the gear item you want can drop in either, then you'll see it more common but if there is another gear you don't want then TH won't swing it one way or another. Also if a NM has two items and you already have one of them, if that item would drop anyway but you already have it, it'll just not appear and act as though the slot didn't open in the first place. Sometimes gear is locked to a single drop slot which is already 100%, in which case TH has zero effect on the gear and instead opens the other slots for crafting materials / ect.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-11-29 14:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed Love on WAR with and without Mighty Strikes. Justice was easy too, Reso one shot the adds. Think I did the rest as PLD. Always brought my gimp THF mule.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2016-11-29 21:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just my two cents, but something i've noticed about most of the warders, i think they follow the voidwalker model for popping. The nm seems to wander the area it spawns invisible and when you kill a mob in its agro range, it flags and pops. Using this method, you can drag one of the nms across a narrow bridge, and once it's close to death, weaken a trash mob nearby. Killing the trash mob a second or two after the warder disappears, on the narrow bridge will usually result in repopping the warder.

i was able to chain 5-6 warders this way for most of them. commencal might remember the night we did like 5 prudences back to back. Also, even if drop rate is still abyssmal with thf, I bring a thf friend anyway. Only warders that BLU really makes a difference on to me are justice and maybe love. entomb is awesome justice crowd control, but you can stand at the edge of the hood for love without getting drawn in and kill adds until you break its regen.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-12-12 21:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
Just my two cents, but something i've noticed about most of the warders, i think they follow the voidwalker model for popping. The nm seems to wander the area it spawns invisible and when you kill a mob in its agro range, it flags and pops. Using this method, you can drag one of the nms across a narrow bridge, and once it's close to death, weaken a trash mob nearby. Killing the trash mob a second or two after the warder disappears, on the narrow bridge will usually result in repopping the warder.

i was able to chain 5-6 warders this way for most of them. commencal might remember the night we did like 5 prudences back to back. Also, even if drop rate is still abyssmal with thf, I bring a thf friend anyway. Only warders that BLU really makes a difference on to me are justice and maybe love. entomb is awesome justice crowd control, but you can stand at the edge of the hood for love without getting drawn in and kill adds until you break its regen.

This is not at all accurate. SE outright stated the pop rate was a % chance, and what it was, in their vorseal announcement.
By Lyramion 2016-12-12 21:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There is 0 respawn time. You can kill the NM and the next "place holder" you kill 5 seconds later can re-pop the NM. Having Rare Enemy vorseal(s) will help a lot though.

Not only that but each Rare Enemy+ Vorseal will give you increasing returns on your chances with the way it works.

Going from 1/40 to 1/34 is more that double the increase than going from 1/100 to 1/94.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2016-12-12 22:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

accurate or not, it was effective for me on everything but love and temperance, and we all know SE tells us 100% of the truth
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-12-12 22:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Temperance is technically doable in this list, but you're gonna need a good distribution of different damage types, and it's gonna take quite a while alas, so not very practical for "farming" =/

BST using Beetle pet makes this pretty easy. It has all three damage types (two are Ready moves and it's NQ attacks are the third).

I would use an AoE pet like the Grasshopper until it popped, then I would release and call the Beetle.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-12-12 22:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good to also check if the Blessing "Courage" is active within that zone if you're planning to pop warders
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-12 22:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
It's good to also check if the Blessing "Courage" is active within that zone if you're planning to pop warders
The Courage blessing makes such a difference that I don't even bother actively trying to pop Warders without it. Feels to me like it doubles your rate of pops, so say 1/40 with 10 RE vorseals to 2/40. With that in mind, you're most likely to see Courage going (and thus more Warders) is during the Domain Invasion campaign where Naga Raja doesn't fly.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [286 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2017-09-25 07:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any advice on what trusts to use with Blu? I need to farm 4 of these for my sequence progression. Plan on soloing with the assistance of trusts.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-25 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tank + Qultada + Sehl'teus + UC WHM + Cornelia all the things.

All Warders can be killed on BLU. Set sleep for any adds, and Occultation for when you pull hate off tank. Bring a piercing and blunt weapon for Temperance.
First Page 2