Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 46 47 48
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 12:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno who that is.
By Zerowone 2016-12-03 12:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Where have you been the last 9 yrs? Oklahoma?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-03 13:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Dunno who that is.
SUUUUUUUUUURE you don't.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-12-03 19:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://truthfeed.com/breaking-massive-voter-fraud-uncovered-in-nevada/39482/

Is this a reliable source? Kinda wanna check this out with you guys before sharing it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-03 19:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »

Is this a reliable source? Kinda wanna check this out with you guys before sharing it.
Don't worry, it's all a conservative conspiracy.

Unless liberals make it, then it's pressing matters that need to be addressed today!
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-12-03 19:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Don't worry, it's all a conservative conspiracy.

Unless liberals make it, then it's pressing matters that need to be addressed today!
See that's the thing, the house is passing a bill that's going to be censoring a lot of news online, and I fear what's going to be censored. I know it won't affect me personally, but it's still a little discouraging...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-03 19:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

See that's the thing, the house is passing a bill that's going to be censoring a lot of news online
What?

I haven't heard about that!

Either way, it's going to be ruled unconstitutional.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-12-03 19:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

TL/DR

Green Party drops PA recount case.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-03 20:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

With a name like truthfeed I would take it with several pounds of salt.
By Yatenkou 2016-12-03 21:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
See that's the thing, the house is passing a bill that's going to be censoring a lot of news online
What?

I haven't heard about that!

Either way, it's going to be ruled unconstitutional.
http://yournewswire.com/obama-bill-alternative-media-illegal/
By Viciouss 2016-12-03 21:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The House can pass a lot of stupid ***, the Senate is an altogether different story.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-03 22:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The Intelligence Authorization Act that gets passed annually and has been for decades. The usuall fear mongering from a stereotypically poorly formatted right wing clickbait site.
By Yatenkou 2016-12-03 22:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The Intelligence Authorization Act that gets passed annually and has been for decades. The usuall fear mongering from a stereotypically poorly formatted right wing clickbait site.
Ok phew thank goodness
By Yatenkou 2016-12-04 10:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it looks like Jill's not done yet. She's moving the battle to the supreme court instead of the state court.

What do you all think will happen? Considering they might be dealing with a judge appointed by Obama.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-04 10:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing. Nothing will happen.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-12-04 11:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it looks like Jill's not done yet. She's moving the battle to the supreme court instead of the state court.

What do you all think will happen? Considering they might be dealing with a judge appointed by Obama.

Trump's secret Russian backers will be exposed when they publicly insist he won the election properly. Then China will accidentally be exposed as Clinton's backer when they insist she actually won, instead.

Amid the international intrigue, Jill Stein will be rewarded with the presidency and she'll be sworn in while Hulk Hogan's "Real American" theme song plays in the background!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-04 12:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The goal is to delegitimize the results anyway they can. Anything to preserve their ruthless bigotry. If it takes a lawsuit to stop them, that action will be the rallying call for the next 2-4 years.

I really feel bad for their devout supporters sending them money. It's like selling a desperate drug addict inferior drugs at 10x the cost.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-04 13:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

And in facts I don't like news....

Cops Use 'facts I don't like' in Sting Aimed at Gang
Police told press they captured two men in order to protect them from hit men

Quote:
(Newser) – Police investigating a notorious gang in a city on California's central coast issued a fake press release that the chief credited with saving two men by deceiving gang members who wanted to kill them, but the ruse was criticized by news organizations who reported it as fact, the AP reports. Santa Maria police chief Ralph Martin defended the rare tactic this week when it came to light, saying he had never done such a thing in his 43-year career, but he wouldn't rule out doing it again. "It was a moral and ethical decision, and I stand by it," Martin said Friday. "I am keenly aware and sensitive to the community and the media. I also had 21 bodies lying in the city in the last 15 months."

The phony announcement issued in February was discovered in court documents and only reported this week. A daily newspaper and local television stations were unaware the information in the release was false when they reported that Jose Marino Melendez and Jose Santos Melendez had been picked up for identity theft and handed over to immigration authorities. In fact, detectives eavesdropping on the deadly MS-13 gang had raced to the home of the two cousins and took them into protective custody after learning hit men were on their way there. Kendra Martinez, news director at KSBY, said she was "deeply troubled" that police misled the public and news organizations. The sting comes to light as news organizations try to set the record straight as truth and fiction blur amid a proliferation of "facts I don't like" spread by social media.
By fonewear 2016-12-04 13:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

The goal is to delegitimize the results anyway they can. Anything to preserve their ruthless bigotry. If it takes a lawsuit to stop them, that action will be the rallying call for the next 2-4 years.

I really feel bad for their devout supporters sending them money. It's like selling a desperate drug addict inferior drugs at 10x the cost.

That and Jill Stein needs constant approval to feel validated !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-04 13:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And in facts I don't like news....

Cops Use 'facts I don't like' in Sting Aimed at Gang
Police told press they captured two men in order to protect them from hit men

Quote:
(Newser) – Police investigating a notorious gang in a city on California's central coast issued a fake press release that the chief credited with saving two men by deceiving gang members who wanted to kill them, but the ruse was criticized by news organizations who reported it as fact, the AP reports. Santa Maria police chief Ralph Martin defended the rare tactic this week when it came to light, saying he had never done such a thing in his 43-year career, but he wouldn't rule out doing it again. "It was a moral and ethical decision, and I stand by it," Martin said Friday. "I am keenly aware and sensitive to the community and the media. I also had 21 bodies lying in the city in the last 15 months."

The phony announcement issued in February was discovered in court documents and only reported this week. A daily newspaper and local television stations were unaware the information in the release was false when they reported that Jose Marino Melendez and Jose Santos Melendez had been picked up for identity theft and handed over to immigration authorities. In fact, detectives eavesdropping on the deadly MS-13 gang had raced to the home of the two cousins and took them into protective custody after learning hit men were on their way there. Kendra Martinez, news director at KSBY, said she was "deeply troubled" that police misled the public and news organizations. The sting comes to light as news organizations try to set the record straight as truth and fiction blur amid a proliferation of "facts I don't like" spread by social media.

facts I don't like being used locally to protect the lives of people who were nearly murdered? Sounds like the only type of facts I don't like people shouldn't be complaining about.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-04 13:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Trump's secret Russian backers will be exposed when they publicly insist he won the election properly. Then China will accidentally be exposed as Clinton's backer when they insist she actually won, instead.

Amid the international intrigue, Jill Stein will be rewarded with the presidency and she'll be sworn in while Hulk Hogan's "Real American" theme song plays in the background!

I was all with you till Hulk Hogan ! That is pushing a bit !
By fonewear 2016-12-04 13:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Macho Madness election 2016:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-04 13:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In good news Green party won again in Austria against the extreme right. One country less to worry about.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-04 14:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone at FFXIAH is getting this T shirt for Christmas:

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-04 14:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
In good news Green party won again in Austria against the extreme right. One country less to worry about.

I hope Austria's Green Party is at least slightly less insane than the U.S. one?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-04 15:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Don't kill off Gary Johnson!

He's #3 in total counts!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-04 15:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I hope Austria's Green Party is at least slightly less insane than the U.S. one?
Depends on who you ask.

To some people (even on this website), it's not left enough.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-04 16:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

According to first exit polls the 'no change' front has probably won in the Italy referendum.

Another victory for populism...and the probability of elections looming near cause Renzi said he would resign if the referendum was lost.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2016-12-04 17:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep Renzi resigned.

Which means elections. Which means high chance the populist M5S party will win...and if that happens we're in the hands of complete chaos.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-04 17:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Yep Renzi resigned.

Which means elections. Which means high chance the populist M5S party will win...and if that happens we're in the hands of complete chaos.
You could always move to Trump's America.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 46 47 48