Jingle Baas event
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2016-11-11 14:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

what i have learned

Speak with Chacharoon at either West Ronfaure (I-6) / South Gustaberg (J-7) / West Sarutabaruta (J-8)

offer to help and he will give you a jingly rod, equip it then speak to him again and choose help you will be lvl restriced to 5 and be able to interact now with the event

make macro's for: /toss /psych /joy /stare

when you start event you will have 10/10 power shown in the top left of screen

simply target the large moogle and use toss emote to hit the orbs that cirlce him, trying your best to make sure that when you throw there is an orb between you and the big moogle, repeat this and you will free sheep that will attack the large moogle, if you hit the golden looking orb the big moogle should be stunned so you can then use /stare emote to gather jingly.

if you get hit by attacks use /joy emote to heal, you can only joy/heal, toss, stare if you have power which you raise with /psych

if you are lucky enough and there are enough people the big moogle will eventually fall before time runs out, if this happens you will also rescue any sheep left standing, rescue 11 sheep and a hidden menu will become available at rewards menu for random items (i got armours) at 0 cost once per rl day (to confirm)

moogle mount is 300 jingly by the way and can take a while to gather, other rewards are jingly rod+1 (costume) + event shirt etc

zoning/logging does not reset your points or hidden menu
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2016-11-11 14:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What does a galka on the moogle mount look like?
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2016-11-11 15:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

While using /stare sometimes instead of Jingly you will get a little worm or a grain seed. i think 3 little worms is equal to one grain seed. Getting them will make you happy. and the next Jingly you get will get you additional Jingly.

The costume granted by the Jingly Rod +1 is a brown brown baby sheep.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-11-11 16:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You ride on top of oversized moogles pom pom. It's freakin great.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2016-11-11 17:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes some getting use to but you can time hitting the Core Orb (the gold one) pretty quickly to shut all the orbs down so you can find jingly and so the sheep and Green Thumb Moogle can do damage to the Moogle Godfather.

If you're facing him, follow the gold orb with your eye and when it gets just around east or west of orbiting him, then use /toss. The delay it takes to /toss it is usually in front of you by then.

Keep HP pretty high at least above 60HP. If you hit a Trap Orb (gray one), the Moogle Godfather will immediately try to Flowerpot you which does around 60 damage plus status ailments. You can also outrun it if you realize you hit the Trap Orb in time.

The event also gives you a once a day spin for gear like gobbiebox. You have to rescue a few sheep first, not sure the number but at the bottom of the options will be a ??? that turns into an option to be rewarded once you unlock it.
By Calinari 2016-11-11 18:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to rescue 11, you get 6 per win, but if there aren't enough people or you're bad at hitting the orb (lag) you lose u_u

Actually a cute/fun event. only the second event ever I've felt like was entertaining enough to want to do.

It's like a carnival game !

It seems like if you hit the gold orb, your next jingly is double/triple. If you do it in sandy, its acorns/chestnuts for "happy".
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2016-11-11 21:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The more orbs you hit before hitting the gold orb, the more jingly you get, got up to 44
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-11 21:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The shirt:
[+]
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2016-11-11 22:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2016-11-11 23:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Truece said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
[+]
By oyama 2016-11-11 23:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a linen coin purse from daily ticket.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-11-12 02:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems that you have much more chance at finding jingly if you move each time instead of spamming /stare at the same spot.

I got Chacharoon costume from the hq rod, not a sheep.

Edit: brilliant earring and Cursed Cap from the daily draw.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-11-12 02:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought this said, "jingle baes event".
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-11-12 04:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

to be more specific about your goals (I finished it in like an hour yesterday before this thread was made)
*Your aiming your /toss for the gold orb. (Throw before it's infront of you)
*You need to /Psych to maintain your power (Top left of screen).
*You need to move every /stare. to get Jingly.
By Darksandro 2016-11-12 06:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »
The more orbs you hit before hitting the gold orb, the more jingly you get, got up to 44

That's the goal imho! got up to 21+44 also
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-12 07:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Event isn't bad at all

points are randomly gather'd and you must walk around him to get the points otherwise you will keep getting "Little worm" or "Bag of Grains" which you eat it (ewww) usually where he shoots the lights is where you must go to.

Once you get the hang of it , it is quite fun event :)
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-11-12 07:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I also pulled a Hexed Jacket earlier as well lol
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-11-13 01:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He does a move after orb is restored that always kills me. There's no notes on how to avoid it?

Edit:
NVM, -HP gear making me only have 1 HP lol. Didn't even notice it!
[+]
 Asura.Lheon
user: Lheon
By Asura.Lheon 2016-11-13 04:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I played like 2 hours yesterday and as already stated, other than avoiding the trap-gray orbs, it's better to hit the black orbs first to free the sheeps, THEN the core one, in order to have the big moogle take more damage and also collect more jingly during the /stare phase. During the /stare phase move around the moogle to collect jingly, don't stand always in the same spot or you won't really collect any jingly (I did like 4 full games on same spot and no jingly collected at all).

What I don't know is if the total number of sheeps freed has some purpose in collecting reward. I have 94 freed sheeps in overall games but apart from unlocking the daily reward, they seem to have no use.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-17 17:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just adding a bit more info about this event.

Hitting the normal core will free a sheep, hitting the grey core will trigger Moogle Godfather mover (flowerpot iirc?) thats big dmg plus plague that will consume a lot of power. Hitting the golden core will blue proc Moogle Godfather and terrorize him for some secs, and that short window that will allow big mog to be dmged.

Inittially big mog fights Green Thumb Moogle, that aside hitting for low dmg, he has poor accuracy. You need to free sheeps, that are the responsible to dmg big mog during the terrorized phase. Im not sure but i think you can freed at most 7 sheeps. The free sheeps are the common sheeps Trembling Lamb that deal the same as the little mog, then the named sheeps Aldorius, Lionitia and Zaidonillus that deal more dmg.

All sheeps have hp so they can be koed, and will if you takes too long to proc the Godfather. Its best to start freeing all sheeps availabel then just aim the golden core, just targeting the normal cores if your sheep army reduces.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-17 17:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can level up the sheep by continuing to hit normal orbs after theyre summoned, too. I usually do 2-3 normal orbs then the core orb to keep all the sheep alive and leveled up.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-11-17 19:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

...unsure how but I just got 123 jingly in one round .. how?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-11-19 18:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

are there rewards other then the few items listed in the menu? (shirt, rod, mount, key, voucher, primer)
By Bamboom 2016-11-19 18:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any reason to continue to store sheep after the 11?
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-19 19:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to 100 and nothing new unlocked. So no idea after that though.
By aeonova 2016-11-26 06:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Long ago, there was an event that had an unlimited number of tries you could do at it. People would get higher and higher numbers, but no prize. After the event was over, however, people that did it 100+ times ended up being sent the item "Red Eyes" (or Redeyes). Red sunglasses that dispensed Angelwing fireworks daily. This could probably be similar.