Some Might Consider VR Tea Bagging Sexual Assault.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Some might consider VR Tea Bagging sexual assault.
Some might consider VR Tea Bagging sexual assault.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-29 15:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/technology/virtual-reality-sexual-assault/

Quote:
Jordan Belamire has been sexually assaulted three times. Twice in real life, and once in virtual reality.
Belamire who goes by a pseudonym to protect her privacy, was playing a game called QuiVr on her brother-in-law's HTC Vive VR system. She was shooting zombies with strangers in QuiVr's multiplayer mode when another player began to virtually rub her chest.
"I've been groped in real life, once in a Starbucks in broad daylight. I know what it's like to happen in person," Belamire, 30, told CNNMoney. "The shock and disgust I felt [in QuiVr] was not too far off from that."
Another user, BigBro442 had apparently caught on that she was a woman because her mic was on and her voice was streaming through to the virtual world.
Belamire yelled "Stop!" as BigBro442 grabbed her. That made things worse.
"He chased me around, making grabbing and pinching motions near my chest. Emboldened, he even shoved his hand toward my virtual crotch and began rubbing," she wrote in a Medium post about the incident last week.

Jesus man how can this be equated to sexual assault? In a way its sort of offensive to real sexual assault victims. I'm at a loss of words and no face palm meme on the internet can capture how I feel about this triggered lady..
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-29 16:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And calling it trigger is dismissive. It's sexual harassment, guy should be banned from whatever this game is.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-29 16:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And calling it trigger is dismissive. It's sexual harassment, guy should be banned from whatever this game is.

Obviously, but did it warrant an entire CNN article? You complain to the admin, get him kick/banned, and keep playing. You don't sit in the corner crying and contact the media because your virtual character got touched in a weird place.

Why didn't she just start shooting/unloading on the offender? Assuming team killing is on in a zombie game.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-29 16:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a slow news day outside of the Email stuff.

And sexual assault has been in the news lately.

But I agree. Game newsworthy perhaps. CNN? Pushing it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-29 16:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Obviously, but did it warrant an entire CNN article? You complain to the admin, get him kick/banned, and keep playing. You don't sit in the corner crying and contact the media because your virtual character got touched in a weird place.

Why didn't she just start shooting/unloading on the offender? Assuming team killing is on in a zombie game.
Usually, teamkilling is turned off in a co-op shooter game, yes, even when zombies are involved. However, there are ways...
YouTube Video Placeholder

I'm surprised they would leave it off. Left 4 Dead it's on, and a few other mods its left on since team mates can become infected. It lets you have the option of killing them before they turn.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-10-30 04:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Its a slow news day outside of the Email stuff.

And sexual assault has been in the news lately.

But I agree. Game newsworthy perhaps. CNN? Pushing it.

ya, outside the bombshell of news regarding the emails and loretta pleading the 5th... and I love how quickly that thread got locked and will proceed on "monday"
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-10-30 06:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Some may consider 'VR teabagging' childish or HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
By fonewear 2016-10-30 09:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/technology/virtual-reality-sexual-assault/

Quote:
Jordan Belamire has been sexually assaulted three times. Twice in real life, and once in virtual reality.
Belamire who goes by a pseudonym to protect her privacy, was playing a game called QuiVr on her brother-in-law's HTC Vive VR system. She was shooting zombies with strangers in QuiVr's multiplayer mode when another player began to virtually rub her chest.
"I've been groped in real life, once in a Starbucks in broad daylight. I know what it's like to happen in person," Belamire, 30, told CNNMoney. "The shock and disgust I felt [in QuiVr] was not too far off from that."
Another user, BigBro442 had apparently caught on that she was a woman because her mic was on and her voice was streaming through to the virtual world.
Belamire yelled "Stop!" as BigBro442 grabbed her. That made things worse.
"He chased me around, making grabbing and pinching motions near my chest. Emboldened, he even shoved his hand toward my virtual crotch and began rubbing," she wrote in a Medium post about the incident last week.

Jesus man how can this be equated to sexual assault? In a way its sort of offensive to real sexual assault victims. I'm at a loss of words and no face palm meme on the internet can capture how I feel about this triggered lady..

What is next you see is virtual lawyers suing virtual sexual predators !
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-30 12:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Some may consider 'VR teabagging' childish or HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

It is, but it is hardly a sex crime.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-30 13:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you for real right now?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-30 13:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
By eliroo 2016-10-30 14:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the game : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_-BM0sh70

I understand if there was a way to tell if someone was doing that towards you but it doesn't look like this game is really capable of doing something so specific. It easy very easy to misinterpret actions in these games, some may even find tea bagging malicious. Regardless its a game and nothing should be taken seriously in it.

Furthermore you can just use the word dismissive incorrectly. She is actually being triggered, similar in a way one would be triggered with PTSD but with less explanation that isn't a dismissive statement it actually quite accurate in this example. If you just act like everyones argument is dismissive then no ones argument would ever hold any value and therefore be dismissed. Your use of dismissive there is the only real dismissive thing in this whole thread.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-30 14:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

First, "triggered" is common internet gergon for people who overreact over things that aren't worth it. So don't bore me with a silly tirade about something different.

I don't know this game, nor what it's capable of, I simply went by what was stated in the article. Following a girl aroud and molesting her(in vr no less)is harassment. You'd get banned for much less even here.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-10-30 14:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Teabagging is only mentioned in thread title anyway.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-30 14:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not my idea of tea bagging. It does come under my idea of sexual harassment.

The definition of teabagging is NSFW and can carry political connotations.

I suggest searching teabagging on urban dictionary and paging down about 6 - 9 times.
By fonewear 2016-10-30 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest this being reported to the Huff Post. They will get their best "people" to end virtual harassment !
By eliroo 2016-10-30 17:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You heard it hear guys teabagging the corpses of your enemies is sexual assault! Also interacting with other players in the only way you can in a simplistic game is pretty much rape.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-30 17:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I didn't read anything
Ok.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-30 19:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You are a pretty cool guy!

Thanks I don't think you are that bad a of a dude either.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-30 20:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

/rolleyes
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-30 20:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

By eliroo 2016-10-31 07:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time we vindicate this type of attitude we perpetuate it. The fact we take these silly accusations seriously is why SJWs are running rampant.