Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Crafting Position/Day/Myths
Crafting Position/Day/Myths
 Asura.Kogasho
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2016-10-28 08:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So few months ago on a SE Forum they were asking questions about does the day of the week, position matter when it comes to crafting, They said no. I dont recall where the post is at someone just screen shot a picture to me of the part saying how none of the Position/day of the week matters when it comes to HQing in crafting. Anyone have a link to it so I can further read the post? That would be great.

Also would like to know your crafting stories on how you feel about knowing that the past 10 or so years where people were spewing saying, no you gotta face that way on weakness of element if you want to HQ more is basically a lie an people still did it, an still till this day see a bunch of people in crafting guilds on new moons trying to HQ.
By Taffy 2016-10-28 09:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It was in the Q&A with the developers, not sure where to find that now. But it was confirmed that direction does not matter at all. People still facing direction may not realize this, may be in old habits, or may be superstitious enough to keep doing it that way. I Still have one friend who insists on no ws during VW as he swears he gets better drops this way....
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-28 09:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Here Koga
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2016-10-28 09:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

o.o I did not know this. It's like a whole world has opened up for me.... Now if only I actually did crafting XD
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-28 10:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember this at the same time why would developers tell you how to make sure you get a HQ or not? What if they said that so people would stop HQing? I dano I've stuck to my method still getting high tier HQs let alone usually my HQs are with 115 plus synths not -1s. But to each their own etc.
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2016-10-28 10:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
I remember this at the same time why would developers tell you how to make sure you get a HQ or not? What if they said that so people would stop HQing? I dano I've stuck to my method still getting high tier HQs let alone usually my HQs are with 115 plus synths not -1s. But to each their own etc.

SE Devs = Illuminati confirmed.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-28 10:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Never know :0. But I haven't changed my method still HQs hmm listen to devs or stick to the money? Pfft stick to the money.
 Asura.Nohrin
By Asura.Nohrin 2016-10-28 11:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I've leveled Goldsmithing I have logged every Cursed & Voodoo synth result I have done. I have crafted on multiple moon phases just to test if I got same result or better or worse. Majority of my synths I do are on New Moon however, but when I have extra materials or money to test outside that I do. As SE stated day/direction doesn't matter which is true, moon phase though still seems to be a factor. I usually do x96 or x144 Cursed (-1) attempts. New moon does seem to be the best time for HQ chance as most have suspected for a long time. Also full moon yields similar results. Waning phases usually yield 1~2 less on average compared to new moon, and waxing phase I have found to be the worst phase to attempt HQ chances. Out of 6 groups of x96 on a Waxing phase I average ~4 less than I would on new moon.
I always craft with max skill 122 and have Orvail Ring and Craftmaster's Ring and use Coconut Rusk. On a Tier 1 or 2 (however you view the brackets) 5%~7% HQ rate according to wiki data, my average percentage comes out to ~10.5% on New Moon, ~9.3% on Full Moon, ~8.3% on Waning and ~6.25% on Waxing.
This is just my findings of various moon phases I've crafted.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-28 11:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting cause I HQ alchemy and bomecraft only during full moon 100 percent and low waxing highest being 36 percent. Only have gotten HQ on earth crystal from SE nothing else. Dark crystal only HQ on N and only craft lighting to earths day. To this day including woodworking new moon does ***for me. I've only HQed three different times on new moon. Many HQs outside of new moon. Either way people can point at what the devs say but I've had no issue so why change it? But again to each their own.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-10-28 12:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

only thing i can say that i truely believe is day of the week. I think thats all but confirmed. darksday has always given my a higher chance of hq but a higher chance of failure. And lightsday the opposite. Higher chance of success but higher chance of nq.
By Draylo 2016-10-28 12:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Does SE need to spell it out for you in every possible way? You're wasting your time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-10-28 12:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting blows, the end ~

PS. It's all random. I sometimes follow moons, days and direction but I don't think it really matters. I've HQ'd a ton of cursed - 1 in goldsmithing using fire xtal during windsday 50% moon phase...
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-28 12:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right totally wasting my time with over 10 119 after glows almost full HQ gear from escha. Totally wasting my time making Gil you're right. Here's some peanut butter with that jelly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2016-10-28 13:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost full HQ? He's probably almost jealous
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-28 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Facts :0 I totally missed that. Just like almost famous! I like how the title of this says, "Crafting Position/Day/Myths." Not "*** you guys SE said to get an HQ you need to *** a cat and jump off a bridge" discussion ;(.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-28 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about the day/position. However, there was no mention on moon phases so even though I have read a few things from players saying this doesn't matter, I will believe the sample sizes.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-10-28 15:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

they're what the title says, myths.
[+]
 Asura.Kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2016-10-28 16:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Thanks Stamos, an thanks everyone for the feedback
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-10-28 17:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafted each piece of Argosy +1 outside of new moon phase. Had some help with hands and legs, but they were HQ'd during waxing. Berk +1 was only a few percent after new moon.

I HQ'd the first synth I attempted with Orvail ring, a Plastron +1.

I know people who swear by new moon and I don't discredit them. I simply don't mass produce enough to see a difference.

Craft 'em if you've got 'em.
[+]
By iambatman3131 2016-10-28 17:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Facts :0 I totally missed that. Just like almost famous! I like how the title of this says, "Crafting Position/Day/Myths." Not "*** you guys SE said to get an HQ you need to *** a cat and jump off a bridge" discussion ;(.
Afk, buying a cat.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-28 19:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was drinking diet coke for every hq amalric item I've made. Also what really seems to help is leaning back in my chair a little bit while crafting, but not too much that's bad luck.
[+]
 Asura.Kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2016-10-28 21:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I was drinking diet coke for every hq amalric item I've made. Also what really seems to help is leaning back in my chair a little bit while crafting, but not too much that's bad luck.

Ya know what? I to notice I HQ more when I lay back in my chair.

It must be the Key..