2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dragonball Xenoverse
Dragonball Xenoverse
First Page 2 3 4
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 01:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

By request I've started this thread.

Feel free to discuss anything about the game here and please make use of the spoiler BB code for anything spoilery... spoilerish? W/e.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 01:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And not by request here is some Damage numbers for Ki blast moves.

These were with a Saiyan Female with 125 in Ki Blast Supers, a QQ Bang with +5 Ki Blast Supers, and Super Vegeta 2 active.

Supers

Ultimates

This isn't everything, it's just what I got right now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 09:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I go back and continue playing through Xenoverse before getting the second? Also I suck at allocating stats, any tips on that? I'm more of a physical fighter so I tend to focus my stats towards that but I don't want to run the risk of letting useful attributes stagnate because I don't understand them.
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 11:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure on the stats or anything I kinda just winged it. As for XV1 I don't think it's that important, least I didn't play the first one aside from an NPC that would be your character from the first game I don't think it does anything. Don't take my word on that though, probably want to ask Ohji or Leon they imported their save I believe.
By Draylo 2016-10-27 11:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Immortal_Draylo is my psn
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-27 11:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Scans of the promotional manga that comes with the deluxe edition.
Explains the change from Toki Toki City to Conton City.

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Should I go back and continue playing through Xenoverse before getting the second?
It's up to you. You get to choose a character to transfer from your first game data, they show up in the story and your new character gets the clothes and skills they have equipped on transfer. I'm not sure if you need to have cleared the game to transfer though, and the skills below can't be transferred.

As far as I've seen everything else is still in XV2, so transferring is basically just a tiny head start on collecting stuff.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-27 12:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Preload is now available for Steam players.
Game should unlock in 4 hours 40 minutes.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 12:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else call that guy Turtles?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'll stick with Xenoverse buuuuuuuuut, DS3 DLC comes first!

Also adding Draylo on PSN because it's worth it.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 13:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wish I knew what moves were actually good lol.

Tried doing an Expert mission and I did horrible with human players.
By eliroo 2016-10-27 13:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the second game any good? I've seen some mixed reviews but nothing indepth.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-27 14:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Really wish I knew what moves were actually good lol.

Tried doing an Expert mission and I did horrible with human players.
From what little I've seen of those, you'll want at least one beam super/ultimate for the great ape ones to help repel the giant blasts. Can't help beyond that though; 3 more hours until I can play. :I
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-10-27 14:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else call that guy Turtles?
During TFS's beta stream people kept confusing him with Black in the chat lol
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 16:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowly crawling my way through the PQs, just got the achievement for 50% of all skills.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-27 17:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Steam version is a go. Preloads can now be unpacked.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-10-27 17:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
I'll unpack ya
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-10-27 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowly crawling my way through the PQs, just got the achievement for 50% of all skills.
I'm only like 46 atm lol kinda fell asleep for 12 hours yesterday
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-27 17:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just imagined you guys all grabbing one of those Capsule Corp things and throwing it at your computers to load the game.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-10-27 17:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No fair having an avi of my fav he char ever grumpy D:
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-27 17:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww yiss.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 18:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't use some sort of eye beam move I will be sad.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-27 18:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's gonna take some time to get used to the control changes from XV1 to XV2. @_@;
The tutorial missions from Elder Kai are pretty great though.

If you don't use some sort of eye beam move I will be sad.
You bring up a good point. I should have at least one preset with one.
By Ackeron 2016-10-27 18:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird. I'm doing expert missions and when the whole knock back the big orb thing comes up while I'm offline I own the ***out of it but when I'm online I have yet to reflect one.

It ends up wiping the whole group and we fail the mission ; ;
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-27 22:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Is the second game any good? I've seen some mixed reviews but nothing indepth.
Having played some story, PQs, and mentor stuff, I can now safely say it's much better than the first game already.
I'm not great at reviewing stuff, but I'll try to cover the biggest changes I can think of between the first game and this one.

The hub is much bigger than the one in the last game, but also manages to be far less empty; there are tons of NPCs around, some with their own mini-stories going on, some that give you new emotes if you use specific emotes on them, some that ask you to bring them certain items and will reward you in return, some that'll challenge you to 1v1 fights and give you rewards for beating them, etc. Also you can find some consumables and accessories lying around the city. Overall much more to do in the hub.

Mentors are no longer random; once you unlock them, they will always be at their spot on the map. You also no longer need to fill up the friendship gauge with them to learn their moves (though it is still there, I haven't found the use for it yet). You now have an overall "class" gauge that goes up when doing things like mentor lessons, taking your mentor on PQs, etc and when it's full you can take an advancement test to unlock the next tier. Like you start off with access to Tien, Krillin, Yamcha, and Piccolo, and you can do like their first 1 or 2 lessons right off the bat, but you'll need to do the Easy advancement test to be able to learn the rest of their stuff (and I'd assume to be able to start with other mentors). Also, you no longer actually need to have someone as your mentor to take their lessons; you can just stick with your favourite mentor and do everyone's stuff regardless.

Combat is much improved too, with step vanishes being much easier to use and much more useful this time around. There are now chase mechanics if you want to continue a combo after knocking an opponent away, and there are new stamina break attacks that have a long wind up time, but will completely break the opponents stamina provided they don't block the hit.
Some super and ultimate attacks now have bonus effects, like x4 Kaioken Kamehameha uses 3 ki bars to use, but you can activate it again during the attack to spend an extra 2 bars to throw out an extra burst of energy for more damage.
Oh, and AI allies are no longer completely useless; I had Nappa and Vegeta practically clear PQs without me.

That's all that comes to mind right now, but I've only done 10 or so missions so far so I can't speak about things like transformations or expert missions yet.
By Faelar 2016-10-27 22:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got home from work and fired this bad boy up!
Creating my character now. Think I'll go with a Saiyan this time. I did a Namekian and a Majin last game.

I LOVE THE CHARACTER CREATION MUSIC OMGGGG

EDIT:
Here's my character.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-10-27 23:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

used my first wish, and unlocked this bad boy,
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-10-28 04:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played a DB fighting game since Budokai 3.

That said, what am I supposed to be doing to make sure my ultimates land? I can hit fodder enemies w/ them, but anyone worth a damn dodges them 8/10 of the times (even when used as a follow up in a combo)
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-10-28 10:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

That said, what am I supposed to be doing to make sure my ultimates land? I can hit fodder enemies w/ them, but anyone worth a damn dodges them 8/10 of the times (even when used as a follow up in a combo)
Stamina breaking them and throwing them to the ground seems to be a good way to land ults.
By Ackeron 2016-10-28 12:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

Stamina breaking them and throwing them to the ground seems to be a good way to land ults.
I forgot how to throw >.> I've been Stam Breaking them and just shooting them in the face.

EDIT: Holy ***throwing is way better ... unless you are in space then it doesn't exactly go too well >_>
First Page 2 3 4