Nintendo NX Is Now The Nintendo Switch.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-24 05:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

With NIN supposedly confirming that the Switch will not support Dual Screen like the WiiU. Im curious as to what would technically be holding the Switch back from providing such if NIN ever did change thier minds in the future. A simple firmware update maybe or would it be something more serious due to hardware limitations by design possibly? I understand forcing devs to utilize such is a mistake. Kind of like forcing Wii Nunchuck onto devs itself w/o allowing games to function w/o using such. Yet I dont see how having too many control options for gaming has ever been a bad thing. If it exists, w/o being forced upon anyone, Im sure it would be extremely useful for some games if not all of them.

Speaking of Firmware Updates. Sony PS4 PRO is alrdy a 4k BLU Player? Maybe...Either way idgaf. I aint buying a PS4 PRO to watch movies...
Quote:
Here’s the full Sony CE statement: “4K is becoming mainstream first through streaming, and then through broadcasts. Only after this will 4K content start to become commonly distributed on discs, and we are anticipating more of this going forward. Sony will thus bring a distinctly “Sony,” high-quality 4K Blu-ray disc player equipped with Sony’s latest technologies to market at the appropriate time, in a way that is consistent with market demand for 4K discs. Sony hopes to invigorate the 4K market in this way.”
Sony CE statement "We have a larger profit to be made selling our yet unreleased, til next March 2017, 4K player over "Turning:ON" any such capabilities w/in the PS4 PRO itself. We alrdy wooped X-Trash and dont feel the need to offer anyone any incentives, competing against ourselves, losing money stripping sales from our very own stand alone 4K player. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Nothing personal. Business as usual."

Ridiculuous. Nonetheless. Entertaining. If true. Idk.
By Faelar 2016-10-24 06:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1576520/nintendo-switch-finally-reveals-if-it-will-be-backward-compatible

TL;DR - Backwards compatible for a very limited selection of digital titles only.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-25 04:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

MONSTER HUNTER-THEMED NINTENDO DIRECT COMING THIS WEEK
Quote:
Nintendo has announced that it will be broadcasting another of its Direct livestreams this Thursday, October 27. The show will be exclusively themed around Monster Hunter.
Doesnt sound like a new NIN Switch MH title but could be anything really. We still never did recieve the MMO version
Monster Hunter Frontier Z which is on every single device imaginable in Japan (minus Microsoft).

Sooner or Later the inevitable must happen... right? Havent played a MH game since WiiU. Need more MH asap!
Anything but the 3DS... thanks
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-26 04:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-30 13:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

An italian article I've read says rumour is it'll cost between 200 and 300 €.

Also I don't know if this was posted already but..
CPU Cortex-A57 quad-core 2GHz
Graphic card NVIDIA 1GHz
RAM 4gb
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-30 15:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They have been saying custom tegra.

Also custom Nvida CPU.

The Cortes is ARM. Diferent in the EU? All the stuff I have seen is from American sources, mostly quoting from press releasses.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-30 19:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think Ive ever been this excited over the arrival of a new NES before. At 1st, based off of Nintendo's own recent track record, I was extremely pessimistic. Just prior to NIN showcasing the Switch if anyone would have asked me. I would have said that I rather NIN go the way of SEGA and leave console manufacturing behind all together. The more I learned and understood this new Nintendo concept. The better it sounded. VR+AR might be the future of gaming but until they perfect that in itself. The Switch is the perfect way to handle portable gaming as of atm.
By crimsondragon 2016-10-30 21:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I want VR Mario Cart!
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-10-30 23:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This report is saying its possible a Pascal based Tegra. 1 TFLOPS to 1.5 TFLOPS tops due to battery life.

http://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-nvidia-tegra-pascal/

The most interesting part is that it suggests as nvidia evolves the Tegra architecture, it will allow Nintendo to keep releasing new backwards compatible but more powerful Switch models.

No more silos and duplicating old chipsets like they've done before for BC.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-12-20 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"As things stand, CPU clocks are halved compared to the standard Tegra X1, but it's the GPU aspect of the equation that will prove more controversial. Even while docked, Switch doesn't run at Tegra X1's full potential. Clock-speeds are locked here at 768MHz, considerably lower than the 1GHz found in Shield Android TV, but the big surprise from our perspective was the extent to which Nintendo has down-clocked the GPU to hit its thermal and battery life targets. That's not a typo: it really is 307.2MHz - meaning that in portable mode, Switch runs at exactly 40 per cent of the clock-speed of the fully docked device."

Source: Eurogamer

A wet blanket thrown over anyone expecting Switch to break from the norm and start bringing multiplatform titles back to a Nintendo console.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-12-20 18:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

when I get my switch, its probably never going to leave the dock anyways..... I just want My console version of Bravely 3rd, Monster hunter, and Pokemon that I can play on the big screen....
By crimsondragon 2016-12-21 13:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »
A wet blanket thrown over anyone expecting Switch to break from the norm and start bringing multiplatform titles back to a Nintendo console.

I don't think Nintendo needs multi-platform titles. They have their own demographic that no other console can compete with. But that is not much of an excuse to hold back performance of the technology they are using.

However.
Nintendo has down-clocked the GPU to hit its thermal and battery life targets
What good is a system that drinks a battery life in 30 minutes and melts after two hours of play..
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-21 15:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

30 mins of batterylife?
horry ***, thats more time than my vita can hold!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-21 15:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But the vita provides a lifetime of disappointment.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-21 15:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And regrets.
Yes. Yes it does.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-21 23:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My kids have Gameboy COLOR!

They will thank me when they get older.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2017-01-13 14:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »

But can a Gameboy Color teach your kids the fun of milking a cow?!

Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-01-13 14:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2017-01-13 17:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »

But can a Gameboy Color teach your kids the fun of milking a cow?!

What a time to be alive!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2017-01-13 22:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

preorderd mine today only had 12 for preorder at my gamestop I was 4th in line, pretty much had 2 once they confirmed New zelda is a console release.....
By crimsondragon 2017-01-13 23:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Really hope I don't have to buy a new console for Zelda.. fml
By Viciouss 2017-01-13 23:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently the only difference between the Wii U and the Switch version of Zelda is Switch runs at 1080i.

Anyways, I'm not buying it yet. $299 is too much for a Nintendo, the standard controller is 70 bucks, an extra dock is 90 bucks, and extra joystick controllers are 50 bucks each or 80 bucks for two. Those are all outrageous prices for accessories. I expect them all to be reduced in the first year.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2017-01-13 23:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

most adorable thing I've seen all day...who knew Bowser was a caring father...
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-13 23:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Apparently the only difference between the Wii U and the Switch version of Zelda is Switch runs at 1080i.

Anyways, I'm not buying it yet. $299 is too much for a Nintendo, the standard controller is 70 bucks, an extra dock is 90 bucks, and extra joystick controllers are 50 bucks each or 80 bucks for two. Those are all outrageous prices for accessories. I expect them all to be reduced in the first year.

Its Nintendo, the accessory king! You know you want a plastic bazooka again.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2017-01-14 03:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »

most adorable thing I've seen all day...who knew Bowser was a caring father...

That might be the best thing to come out of Nintendo from their Switch presentation. That app would be nice to have across all gaming platforms.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-14 04:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

agreed. between the extremely small library (0 exclusive games until at least Summer) and price for all the extra stuff, just not feeling the Switch at all. Honestly not really sure what Nintendo is trying to do other than sell to all the fanboys who will buy anything they put out anyway (kinda like Apple).
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-14 07:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

All that ***will probably end up reduced like Vic said. It happened to the 3DS (three days after I bought one) you'd think Nintendo would learn from that.

I think rumors also hurt the 3DS though, I remember hearing that you couldn't actually power the 3DS down and Nintendo could brick it remotely before I actually bought one.

Either way, everything I've seen on the Switch lately has been negative.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-14 07:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
But the vita provides a lifetime of disappointment.
Remember the PSP Go?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-14 09:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Its hard to not be pessimistic about the long term success of this platform. Sure its coming out swinging with Zelda, so they learned from the disaster of a launch the Wii U had, and Mario Odyssey looks awesome, but the 3rd party support looks lackluster, and its still miles behind the PS4 and X1 in terms of power. The one thing that could save the console is the 1-2 Switch, that could be the Wii Fit all over again, which is clearly what Nintendo is hoping for.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8