Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Help! Keyboard issue
Help! Keyboard issue
By Kodaijin 2016-10-15 23:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Been working on this for a bit now... hoping one of you computer wizards can assist.

My keyboard is adding numbers to my letters. never seen this before and cant find solution via google.

Here is raw typing of all keys pressing each button once.
number row: `a1s2d3f456j7k8l9;0-=
Q row: qwertyuiop (normal)
A row: a1s2d3f4ghj7k8l9;0'
Z row: zxcvbnm,./ (normal)

So if I type this sentence without correcting it, it looks like this.
S@o if4 I type this2 s2entence without correcting it, it l9ook8s2 l9ik8e this2.

Lenovo Yoga 2 Laptop
Windows 10
its not number lock issue
tried to uninsta1l driver.
USB keyboard = no issues. only built in keyboard

A!ny id3ea1s2? (Any ideas?)
By Jetackuu 2016-10-15 23:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Entertain me and try it in another environment, know how to get a hold of a bootcd?

Just to clarify it's adding extra characters not just replacing them?

If it isn't some weird numlock thing (I'm aware of what you said, but I've seen numlock on small keyboards do very weird ***, and that it's just the one row really leans towards it) then it sounds like a hardware issue. Amuse me and check your bios for settings.

then again, this the laptop?

If so it doesn't look like the keys would correspond.

I literally had a user a few weeks ago have a keyboard (desktop) add extra characters, it was bizarre ***and I just ended up replacing the keyboard. Could always try reseatting the connector. I know a guy who has/had a Yoga I can ask him if he ever had a problem like that on Monday (not something I look forward to mind you, he's a douche).
By Kodaijin 2016-10-15 23:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a normal numlock key. Only see that key when using on screen keyboard. This whole thing started after my 4 year old was randomly pressing keys and I want to think she hit some fn + ?? To do this.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-16 00:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried pressing it on there? It's probably on one of the function keys.

Usually Fn+F7/F8 or something, if you have a screenshot of your keyboard I could say.

There's other ways to disable it entirely via the registry and whatnot, hell there may even be an option for it in the bios.

I unfortunately don't have access to the documentation I had on how to disable it via windows, so I'd have to look it all up again, but it most certainly sounds like it was turned on somehow.

Yeah, I don't let my daughter touch my computers, she knows better. (Used to lose my wireless mouse on my laptop when she was 1/2 though, good times).
By Kodaijin 2016-10-16 09:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

just redid drivers again and issue still remains. definitely a setting somewhere
By Jetackuu 2016-10-16 11:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried all those function keys up there? Some of the symbols I'm not familiar with (like the F8 one).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-10-16 12:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

see if this helps

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/my-keyboard-is-typing-a1-s2-d3-f4-j7-k8-l9/68d6864b-a990-4aaf-abb3-725601cd24d7