Computer Major Lag (fixed Thank You)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » computer major lag (fixed thank you)
computer major lag (fixed thank you)
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2016-10-14 00:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so i was watching a youtube video which i use youtube often and playing ff11 everything was fine then all the sudden computer started majorly lagging takes clicking multiple times on anything to get it to open or switch over to it and at the moment im doing a virus scan cause it sounds like a virus but if it turns up clean does anyone have any other ideas what it could be? by the way using windows 10 home edition e.e only other thing i can think of is doing a roll back and hoping that fixes the issue but even if it does whose to say whatever caused it wont come back again? :(

"edit i can get things to work but it requires me clicking on em very hard which before all i had to do was tap mouse slightly and things would load"

"second edit and yep it was the mouse x.x"
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-10-14 02:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the lag only present when your watching YouTube videos? If so what browser are you using? What other applications are you running?
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-10-14 02:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you state your computer specs? also if you press Shift + Ctrl + Esc your Task Manager window will appear, see what is accessing your applications are taking up your "CPU" and "Disk" and how much of it is being use up and let us know.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2016-10-14 02:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Is the lag only present when your watching YouTube videos? If so what browser are you using? What other applications are you running?

nothing is open i even shutdown pc and its still extra hard to open things like i can open em but i have to click the mouse extra harder which is odd e.e
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2016-10-14 02:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Littleanimal said: »
Could you state your computer specs? also if you press Shift + Ctrl + Esc your Task Manager window will appear, see what is accessing your applications are taking up your "CPU" and "Disk" and how much of it is being use up and let us know.

ill get to that tomorrow if its still slow its late and don't feel like trying to fig that stuff out at the moment (not the best with pcs)
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-10-14 03:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just one possibility with the information given, but check your disk fragmentation (if you are using a hard disk drive and not a solid state). I had similar issues once from a very high disk fragmentation. Do NOT use the default windows defrag software for this, it misses so much that it's justified to call the thing useless. I highly recommend Defraggler. If you run a scan and it's over 10% fragmented then this is affecting computer performance to some degree. If it's over 30 or 40% then this is likely your issue and defragmenting will make things much better.

Again though this is just one possibility with the information given, but regardless the steps I listed can't hurt to do for the sake of good computer care.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-14 08:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
This is just one possibility with the information given, but check your disk fragmentation (if you are using a hard disk drive and not a solid state). I had similar issues once from a very high disk fragmentation. Do NOT use the default windows defrag software for this, it misses so much that it's justified to call the thing useless. I highly recommend Defraggler. If you run a scan and it's over 10% fragmented then this is affecting computer performance to some degree. If it's over 30 or 40% then this is likely your issue and defragmenting will make things much better.

Again though this is just one possibility with the information given, but regardless the steps I listed can't hurt to do for the sake of good computer care.

Be careful using third party defraggers if you utilize disk encryption, some don't support it. (Probably not relevant in this case, but something to keep in mind for the time that magnetic drives are still a thing).
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2016-10-14 13:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »

I asked my friend which 1 she used she said the same thing and im having it do a scan now :3 she also mentioned something that slipped my mind but my mouse could be trying to say its tired and to replace it e.e