New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » CP/JP per hour
CP/JP per hour
First Page 2
By Kodaijin 2016-10-11 15:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I am wondering what the community thinks is good Job points per hour.
Kinda like
0-?? bad (gtfo)
??-?? decent (eh, nothin else going on might as well stay)
??-?? good (good)
??-?? amazing (play till eyes bleed its so good)

What numbers would you fill that in with?
By Verda 2016-10-11 15:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on how much of the cp bonuses you have unlocked, the quality of your cape, and how far along the job points you are to unlock gifts, so it's hard to pin down.

My bestest ever was just one OP BLM during a cp campaign doing reisenjima aoe while I gave him random deal resets for mana wall, in that case I got over 6 million CP an hour but I had crooked cor roll on demand and we only did it at night and I also burned rings and I was also near the end of my job point journey and unlocked all but two of the cp bonuses.

Most apex parties if I'm just starting out I expect like 1-3.5 mil an hour some I've gotten more than that, soloing on a non AoE job I expect less than 1 mil but near the end of cping I have got over 1 mil solo on a non aoe job before. I think it's more important to just fit it in when you can and soloing in reisenjima is a good way to slowly build up, farm merits, farm hp/mp vorseals and work toward the revitilizer key time, silt, beads pouches and stone pouches, chest drops for gil etc all at once so I recommend that to anyone.
By Zubis 2016-10-11 15:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

< 1 million per hour: Leave
1-2 million per hour: Worth staying for a while
2-4 million: Stay as long as possible
4-6 million: Stay until 2100
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2016-10-11 15:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah during campaign highest we got was 12m an hour which was lovely. Like 130jpevery half naked hour. Was nuts but no way you could do it for long. But yeah i agree with Zubis
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-11 15:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much anything with a solid cor and the correct buffs will net you at least 4+ mil no campaign. (sam and cor rolls)

Leaden > Req > leaden = mob to at least 30% or lower hp. Right buffs and no shell on crab will most likely just kill it.

If the cor has the tp bonus +1000 gun and moonshade, that puts all ws at 2250% tp (damn 3k system) More than enough to allow cor to ws at 1k tp on all 3 ws

Edit: sub on cor is debatable when I solo sc, I prefer /dnc for the sc bonus when running multi-step sc
By Nocki 2016-10-11 15:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how I generally behave when it comes to pug groups (and even groups within my LS) during campaign:

If below 550 total
0-50 an hour: If you're below 100 job points (total) this is fine, but otherwise not very good.
50-100 an hour: Better than standing in town.
100-125 an hour: A good solid party.
125-150 an hour: Fantastic potential to do the godly 6 hours to 2100.

If above 550 total
0-125 an hour: On the low end, pretty meh. I would leave.
125-200 an hour: Worth staying a bit, it's good progress.
200-250 an hour: Very strong party, few chain breaks in this case.
250+ an hour: You didn't drop chain the entire hour, and if you can maintain this party for 6-7 hours you should get to 2100.

I've gotten up to chain 117+ with my LS 4 times now, and that's basically not dropping chain for 45 mintues straight. I was around 1200 job points when we started the party and when I went back to town I had 310 job points to dump. 2 of the times I actually had to ask people to stop killing things so we could dump lol.

All of the numbers I've mentioned were done in Dho Gates on Bats or Crabs. (And occasionally Jagils in Woh if the setup allows).
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-11 16:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

During campaign I regularly get 300+ JP/hour at Reisenjima #2. Two BLUs cleaving, one on each side, people in the middle. That said I feel the CP is better on apex mobs, but you don't get any silt/beads/vorseal credit for apex mobs.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-10-13 14:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the ideal apex camps for blu solo cleaving?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-13 14:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never solo cleaved apex mobs, not sure how that would go. Seems like it would take a very long time to cleave a set of mobs down and that you'd never keep chain. I dunno how much CP/hour it would amount to but it would be interesting to see. I always cleaved mobs that you can one or two shot.
By Verda 2016-10-13 14:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Any eschan zone where mobs gather densely and you can kill in 1-2 volleys. So basically everywhere. Reisenjima at night will yield the best cp per mob and is really dense. Just don't do things strong to magic like pixies and toads unless you can still overpower the poor creatures ("Porxie Forest" outside of #3 in Reisenjima doable by a lot of BLU I know, #2 is often taken but is really good, etc). You can also do the old gates zones and make circles on non apex mobs.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-13 15:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the most ive had pointchecker return was 14m cp/hr. Have done about 450 jp/hr doing aeonic cor, frag dd, light or grav dd, geo, whm, leech (me; I play my aeonic cor mule and idris geo mule). We just do 3step lights with the geo actively pulling. Everything dies after the 3rd ws. We use the small bat camp and pull pugils/crabs when we run out of bats. I keep dark shot ready to dispel scissor guard, bubble curtain and water wall.

Dont need all cp bonuses; just enough to hit capped cp/mob by chain 30 and never break it. Gearing requirements should be lower for others since as I mentioned, we regularly have a spot filled with a complete leech.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-10-13 17:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Any eschan zone where mobs gather densely and you can kill in 1-2 volleys. So basically everywhere. Reisenjima at night will yield the best cp per mob and is really dense. Just don't do things strong to magic like pixies and toads unless you can still overpower the poor creatures ("Porxie Forest" outside of #3 in Reisenjima doable by a lot of BLU I know, #2 is often taken but is really good, etc). You can also do the old gates zones and make circles on non apex mobs.
Eschan zones are usually swamped during the weekend on Asura, so I'm trying to shoot for somewhere not too swamped.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-29 07:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is older but from what I have seen CP caps at 65535 per mob, which is over 2 JP per mob
By Pantafernando 2016-10-29 08:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

While farming the gates apex mobs, i noticed that all of them starts around the same cp/kill, but as the mob lv increase, the faster the chain starts to grow. Also, the window to kill another one without breaking the chain increases. I dont kill much faster and hardly can keep the chain after 30, but the time to kill a single mob is the same be it in sih, woh and dho gates. I noticed that i hardly hit chain 30 with leeches in Sih gates, then i break a bit after 30 in Dho while in i can get to 35 in Woh gates. Outer Rakaznar can go a bit further but just the time to reach the bats camps makes it worse than doing in Woh gates. And in Inner rakaznar are above my current macc in gear for a mage burst setup.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-11-17 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you grinding out a master job(s) during the exp/cp campaign, I'm wondering how many hours it might take me to get from ~100 to 2100 before the campaign ends. I typically don't have more than an hour at a time to play these days, so I really gotta commit to staying up late or taking a day off work (I have vacation hours I gotta burn up anyway) if I'm gonna focus on a cp party. According to Nocki's note above, a decent party getting double cp might take me ~8 hours, but I'd appreciate your recent experiences so I can have a reference point for setting aside time.

Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-11-17 15:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I camp at #2's pond and typically hit 2.25m/hr in the first hour, then close to 3m in the second hour of a full triple bonus. Not bad for single target farming. On WAR between 550-1200 total JP.

Beats standing in town and shitty Apex groups. Still not near a good Apex party.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-17 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did drk from 900-1900 yesterday in about 5~hrs (this include break every hr for 10 mins, cp dump, wc, etc). Thats about 200 avg an hr which is about what I was clocking. Rates would be between 8mil/hr-12m/hr while we killed. if you cannot sustain chain30+ which is hard to do, then you may not get that high. Once your chain 30+ and you got enough gifts you probably are capping 65k/kill.

Its hard to say exactly how long due to crappy ptys and all. I would say a more "safe" bet is 4mil/hr avg over the life time of cp. remember you start off very slow getting cp, and by the time your 1200 it just feels like it flows in.

apex bowl camp can sustain around 8m/hr is all. There just isnt enough mobs and if you kill to fast you will lose chains. For that reason I prefer other less ideal camps that allow for double pullers :D

if you can do even just 3m/hr avg thats 100 cp in an hr, so 21 hrs. I dont think I could stay in a pty with less cp/hr than that myself as I can solo apex mobs with event at around 2m/hr...
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-11-17 15:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aydogan said: »
For those of you grinding out a master job(s) during the exp/cp campaign, I'm wondering how many hours it might take me to get from ~100 to 2100 before the campaign ends. I typically don't have more than an hour at a time to play these days, so I really gotta commit to staying up late or taking a day off work (I have vacation hours I gotta burn up anyway) if I'm gonna focus on a cp party. According to Nocki's note above, a decent party getting double cp might take me ~8 hours, but I'd appreciate your recent experiences so I can have a reference point for setting aside time.

Thanks!

Getting 100-2100 in less than 10 hours requires a really solid party and, at least on Shiva, it means no PUGs as all the good GEO/BLM/SCH have been master for a while and you find BLMs that need to stop nuking to rest or melee that can't hit. If you are well geared and have on-par ls members needing CP, I think you should realistically look at 10-15h total. My personal best this campaign has been around 200-250CP/h with ls member having AG Death Penalty COR + Idris GEO mule and mobs were just melting one after the other (main problem was slowing down kills to keep the chain or trust messing the SC at high chains)

Best luck!
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-17 15:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Outer Rakaznar can go a bit further but just the time to reach the bats camps makes it worse than doing in Woh gates. And in Inner rakaznar are above my current macc in gear for a mage burst setup.

Haven't tried Inner yet, but even with Outer during the campaign you can bring more than 6 people and still get max CP per kill with a chain. I can't remember the specifics other than reaching the cap by Chain 20 in a group of 8.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-17 15:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like if if there'd been a bit more teamwork going on, even if we weren't hitting cap via chain, kill speed would've made the tradeoff worth it.

You and I were both annihilating those bats with no issue.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-11-17 16:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just setup your bot > go afk all day> come back > profit ^^b
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-11-17 21:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

During campaign as long as your puller is on point there is tons of setups that can do 300jp/hr

This campaign I have done
War cor cor geo geo sch
War war cor geo sch BLM
Blu cor geo geo geo BLM
War cor brd geo sch (trust tank)

I think the common denominator really is a GEO, as mentioned before a DP AG COR really is the cats meow when it comes to totally melting mobs with Leaden/Malaise

Fwiw my double war party the cor was just rolling AFK we were doing cloudsplitter > cloudsplitter
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-11-18 01:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Really depends on what bonuses you have with CP. If you have done all the ones listed on this page(https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Job_Points), you should be getting around 80-100 JP an hour with the double capacity points campaign at 0/2100 JPs. While getting closer to 1300-1400 range where the last capacity points bonus is obtained from job gifts, you should be raking in around 200+ JP an hour. Maintaining past chain 30 is difficult since kills have to be 30 seconds or less between mobs but if you can maintain that and kill 2 mobs a minute which should yield 2 JP a kill at capped points then you should be getting around 240 JP an hour. This is just from personal experience.

Any number of job setups will work. I've used BRD, RDM, SCH, BLM, PUP, SAM, BLU, NIN, PLD, WHM, THF, DNC, GEO, SMN and CORs. All have worked very well.

Usually rule of thumb for these types of parties is 2 DDs that can create a level 3 skillchain (preferably dark but light works too), 1 support, 1 healer/support, and 2 magic burst jobs.

Probably the best setup though is Cor, Blu, Blm x2, Sch, and Geo for maximum efficiency.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-11-18 08:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone!
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2016-11-18 10:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Was making 8.8M/hr a few days ago. I'm pretty sure you just can't get more than that in Apex at least. limited to the time it takes to do a SC then 1x MB and 65k/mob. But yah, that's unrealistic and shouldn't be your goal. 4M/hr is still really good.
By Treizekordero 2016-11-18 12:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering how the Reisenjima AOE parties work for CP? Are those parties faster than apex parties for getting CP?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-11-18 13:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said: »
Was making 8.8M/hr a few days ago. I'm pretty sure you just can't get more than that in Apex at least. limited to the time it takes to do a SC then 1x MB and 65k/mob. But yah, that's unrealistic and shouldn't be your goal. 4M/hr is still really good.

its easy when you dont even need to MB because a COR is 1-shotting the mobs closing darkness with Leaden

BLU COR GEO GEO SCH (anything) 11m/hr is possible, just super buff the leaden, when you do 99k leaden/99k darkness almost everything dies
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-18 14:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have to be so dependent on your COR. 3 DDs just 3-stepping Light can pull in 400+ JP/hr as well as long as you don't lose chain; best is around 450. I've tried both 2 DDs 3-stepping and 3 DDs 3-stepping, but found the 3 DDs to be better since the first person in the chain will always have a WS ready to go so there's no waiting on people to build TP; once the first mob dies, the opener can go right away.

This took about 70-75 mins with RNG WAR COR WHM GEO. RNG opening with Evisceration, WAR making Fragmentation with Resolution and COR closing Light with Last Stand and doing EXP/Allies' for rolls. GEO does Haste/Blaze Frailty and pulls mobs with Dia II. WHM does WHM stuff. 6th spot was my main character leeching on a naked BRD, so you could have your COR just be a roll *** in this setup if you bring a 3rd normal DD instead or another buffer if you also bring a COR. DD DD MeleeCOR WHM GEO is how I did pretty much all my jobs I didn't feel like gearing up and 400+ JP/Hr wasn't too uncommon.
First Page 2