Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 141 142 143
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-14 10:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

At midcast. The only exception is "+enspell" gear that must be on at the time of the strike.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-03-16 02:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Does temper 2 cap at 600 enhancing?

bumping this question.

Also, does enfeebling effect+ (or any stat for that matter) effect inundation?
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-03-16 02:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Gorns said: »
Ragnarok.Rydal said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Now most spells cap at 500, the only spells not capping at 500 are uh... Temper and Temper 2? Anything else caps over 500? So I'm not sure I want to bother with that anymore.

Temper I and II and Enspells. That's it.

Silly question, but the way it's detailed in the guide make me doubt.
For temper I II and enspells I, you do have to wear the full enhancing skill gears from precast to midcast ?
Or shall it be only worn at precast ? (Which doesn't really make sense to me)

precast => fastcast gear
midcast => enhancing gear
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2017-03-16 22:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

bumping this question.

As to the Temper 2 question no they do not cap at 600, they and en spells both have no known cap so going past 600 still gives them a bonus. I myself cast them in enhancing 611 enhancing skill and get really high TA out of doing it.

ItemSet 350022

Can't really answer that other question right off though. ^^;
By waffle 2017-03-17 16:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl said: »
As to the Temper 2 question no they do not cap at 600, they and en spells both have no known cap so going past 600 still gives them a bonus. I myself cast them in enhancing 611 enhancing skill and get really high TA out of doing it.

Well, at 600 enhancing skill, temper ii would give 30% triple attack.
Assuming it did not cap at 600, at 611 skill it should give 31% triple attack.

Have you tested this?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-17 16:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

bumping this question.

ItemSet 350022

You didn't answer either question. Why mislead people without numbers or data?
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-03-17 16:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »

bumping this question.

ItemSet 350022

You didn't answer either question. Why mislead people without numbers or data?

The values have been tested in the past up to 30% @600 skill, SE stated in the past that enspells and temper continue past 500, there is no reason to assume the numbers stop at 600 especially since distract/frazzle at least make it to 610. I would be more inclined to believe that temper caps at 610 rather than 600, assuming there is even a cap at 610.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-17 19:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There's obviously no reason to assume a cap. That said, saying that "(they) cast at 611 enhancing and get really high TA" does not confirm or disprove a cap, since "really high TA" is not a quantifiable value, which was the point.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2017-03-18 19:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
There's obviously no reason to assume a cap. That said, saying that "(they) cast at 611 enhancing and get really high TA" does not confirm or disprove a cap, since "really high TA" is not a quantifiable value, which was the point.
If we are to follow the calculation of the TA given on BG's wiki page then yes it does indeed give 31% and knowing that SE themselves has already stated a good bit on it continuing past 500. If It also has no cap currently you can get a max of 32% just due to gear limitations and the way the formula is; now as to if it continues past 610 we cannot confirm nor deny based on what SE has given us information wise. But can confirm for sure 30% at 600 skill with testing showing this. If we are to believe what information we have it's safe to assume that it does go higher based on other spells added at the same time.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-18 20:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If It also has no cap currently you can get a max of 32% just due to gear limitations and the way the formula is; now as to if it continues past 610 we cannot confirm nor deny based on what SE has given us information wise.

It's on a computer, everything on a computer has a maximum value otherwise known as a cap. That value may very well be so high that it's simply not possible for us to reach it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2017-03-18 20:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
If It also has no cap currently you can get a max of 32% just due to gear limitations and the way the formula is; now as to if it continues past 610 we cannot confirm nor deny based on what SE has given us information wise.

It's on a computer, everything on a computer has a maximum value otherwise known as a cap. That value may very well be so high that it's simply not possible for us to reach it.

This is very true I was just stating based on current gear we have that if the cap were not say 600 or 610 it's possible to get 32% TA if the cap say allows for it.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-03-21 16:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Confirm Regal Gem is a Typo in the item it is Enfeebling effect just tested it out in Brenner on my Mule. Sab Distract went from -300 Eva to -325 with only difference being the Regal Gem.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-03-22 05:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Regal Gem boost def down from Dia ?
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-03-22 13:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No Effect on Dia it stayed Static at -142 def no matter what gear I was wearing
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-23 02:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »
No Effect on Dia it stayed Static at -142 def no matter what gear I was wearing
As expected, then.
 Odin.Jigoku
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jigoku 2017-03-26 16:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

besides the question at what Point of skill temper II caps, is there any cap in tripple attack % you can have?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-26 16:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No, unless you consider 100% to be a cap.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-28 16:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Which path did you guys go for your Carmine Legs +1 and why?

Path A:
For WS Jhakri+1 has more MND/STR, more att, less acc.
For TP Ayanmo has more Haste (kinda needed to use the full Ayanmo set), or you can use other options (like Zoar+1) for more Multiattack.

Path D:
Offers more acc/att than any other option, but low STR/MND. The DW is interesting for TP, opens up new options in other slots I guess , but still wouldn't allow you to use the full Ayanmo because of the way haste is skewed towards the legs slot.

So yeah, really curious which path other people went with.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-28 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Path D or GTFO.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-28 17:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok always wanted to be the jerk who did that. Now for a real answer.

It's path D because outside of as Ambuscade vape, you'll never get that much dual wield on a single piece. And as you pointed out, that path has the most accuracy... never forget we have a B combat rating.

You mention the STR/MND on path A...well, you'll be swapping into another piece for Savage,Requiescat, and Death Blossom, so they really don't matter (Despair or Jhakri+1).

Lastly, haste isn't an issue. Can easily cap haste even with a windbuffet belt and normal smart decisions in other slots.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-28 18:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Path A is HP/STR/INT, not exactly a compelling option for RDM. If you're looking at Carmine +1 as a WS piece, it's path B you want. Very high acc (net acc+1 over D), 12 DEX, more MND than Jhakri albeit with less attack.

Basically, how much do you care about optimizing your Requiescat/full acc WS sets?

D's pretty nice for RDM TP, considering that your options are basically Carmine, Jhakri (7STP, 1% haste), Taeon (4% TA, low acc), or Ayanmo/Atrophy (high acc). From there it's just a question of what to pair it with to get that last 5 DW, for which the answer is probably Suppa. DW+5 Chironic Gloves might compare well (with Telos/Sherida earrings) if you can stomach Reisen augments, but unfortunately that puts you fractionally below gear haste cap with Ayanmo body +1 and 3x Carmine +1.
By Boshi 2017-03-28 18:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which path did you guys go for your Carmine Legs +1 and why?

Path A:
For WS Jhakri+1 has more MND/STR, more att, less acc.
For TP Ayanmo has more Haste (kinda needed to use the full Ayanmo set), or you can use other options (like Zoar+1) for more Multiattack.

Path D:
Offers more acc/att than any other option, but low STR/MND. The DW is interesting for TP, opens up new options in other slots I guess , but still wouldn't allow you to use the full Ayanmo because of the way haste is skewed towards the legs slot.

So yeah, really curious which path other people went with.

i wrote something about this earlier but you can use Ayanmo body+hands and still be fine haste wise with carmine or taeon in the other slots.

body&hands are really the only ayanmo pieces useful for tp
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-28 18:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the storm of ideas, I love such food for thought!
 Bahamut.Snore
user: snore
By Bahamut.Snore 2017-04-03 19:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you forget Taeons hands are a thing? Sure they are a little lower for acc but with Ayanmo Body+1, Carmine legs/feet, and some other choices acc is not a problem for RDM in this day and age, where with distractIII on lower end content is easy to land and on high end you should have buffs for acc and topor. Also, i hardly advise using Ayanmo body +1 but 6DA, all that acc, and macc for enspells it's pretty hard to beat. Also Carmine head should only ever be used for capped acc otherwise use Taeons with 2 TA.
[+]
 Bahamut.Snore
user: snore
By Bahamut.Snore 2017-04-03 19:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would anyone use Zoar +1 over Taeons legs? you get more acc, you don't have to worry about -5stp, on top of all of that you get 1 more TA. the only trade off is 1-5 DA but losing 5 stp is not worth it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-04 04:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Snore said: »
Did you forget Taeons hands are a thing?
No I didn't forget about Taeon but... read below!

Also Carmine head should only ever be used for capped acc otherwise use Taeons with 2 TA.
I actually use Highwing Helm in low acc situations, and full Ayanmo+1 (soon +2! :D) in high acc scenarios.

Why would anyone use Zoar +1 over Taeons legs?
Because Zoar+1 is free and Taeon would require me to
1) Farm another pair of Taeon legs
2) Farm/Buy countless stones and spend a hell of gil (I'm semibroke after buying Moonbow Whistle +1!)
3) Pray to the gods of RNG to get the augments I actually want

Rinse and repeat that for multiple Taeon pieces.
I mean if I already had those Augmented Taeon pieces, sure! I'd be using them.
But since I repurposed my old Taeon for other stuff and I have no other jobs that would benefit from Taeon atm, you really won't be seeing me "wasting" weeks of my time farming perf Taeon pieces for dd RDM when I can use other much faster to obtain options.
Sure these options won't be as good, but from the point of view of a player such as me, they represent quite an awesome compromise.
By Boshi 2017-04-04 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

At a minimum I would still suggest taoen hat being made as a tp piece. Ayanmo bod/hand with carmine leg/feet are perfectly good options.

Also side note. Since at this point taeon (for tp) is for low acc situations. CritD3 is probably the best dusk option over str7sex7
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-04 11:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, so much Taeon/Telchine in my world, and if you're really serious about keeping up, you need to do it.

Current Taeon pieces- body/feet/hands with str/dex7,acc/atk20,TA2 (head with dex 10 same acc/atk/TA);head/body/feet/hands phalanx +3 (have merlinic legs with phalanx +4); legs with dex/acc/atk/crit for CDC. And that doesn't include the Taeon for RNG preshot.

Current Telchine- head/body with enh. duration (missing legs); legs/body/hands with +regen potency. Also a feet with duration for BLM.

Moral of the story - you don't outgrow skirmish on RDM.
By Boshi 2017-04-04 12:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For comparison's sake

Jhakri Cuffs +2: str18 dex31 mnd35 acc43 attack43 WSD7
Atrophy Gloves +3: str21 dex43 mnd43 acc53 attack30 WSD6
for savage/db I doubt 1wsd is worth 3str mnd8.

As for other pieces:
(Excluding hands slots on all)

Despair 4/4 all B Head D:
head: STR36 MND20 dex21 acc20 att20 sttp3
body: STR42 MND23 dex29 acc23
legs: STR46 MND16 att23
feet: STR31 MND11 dex16 acc17 da+2%
TOTAL: STR155 MND70 dex66 acc60 att43 da+2% stp3

Jhakri+2:
head: STR31 MND21 dex27 acc44 att44 SCBonus+7
body: STR37 MND32 dex33 acc46 att46
legs: STR47 MND26 acc45 att45 sttp9