State Of The Game?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » state of the game?
state of the game?
By maxdecphoenix 2016-10-04 01:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Left in january, basically left because Phoenix was dead and it was the same 15~ people that were ever on. A lot of folk were abondoning phoenix for Asura.

Have there been many changes since January? Is Asura still attractive? According to the 'database' activity figures, it appears to still be quite active.
By Verda 2016-10-04 02:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends who you ask. I'm happy where I'm at and many others are the same, then you get those that insult you as a person if you don't think for any reason that Asura and Blue Mage is what every player should do and if you don't you have brain damage or something. Of course, people like that are just one reason I don't go but there's many others most of which I'd rather not share. I'm afraid your OP won't get much real replies just spark arguments, you're asking people's opinion and there's strong feelings about server populations and what "everyone should do". People trying to tell others what they should do over simple matters of opinion and personal perspective is the problem in the first place but I don't expect people to ever learn that. If you're unhappy there, there's many servers with healthy populations, Asura does have the highest english population at the moment, but that's not just a good thing either. Really it's up to you to decide what you want to do and most people here are biased and opinionated as the rest of humanity. Do what makes you happy is probably the most sincere advice you'll get.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-04 02:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is Asura is becoming over active. I really wish other players deciding to move would start going to the 2nd most populated server. We could have 2-3 nicely filled servers in the end if everyone didn't just jump on the Asura train.

Edit: Anyone wondering why am I on Asura then because when the game was released to NA I picked it! Any new character I made always went on Asura too.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-10-04 02:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I not sure why people brag ashura. On rag daily and nightly we have same population as ashura. Only difference is a little less shouts but plenty of guilds doing events.

Even jp na guilds combined. 800 to 1500 daily we have.
By Afania 2016-10-04 03:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

Lol no.

It must be a trap._.
[+]
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-04 03:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

maxdecphoenix said: »
Have there been many changes since January? Is Asura still attractive? According to the 'database' activity figures, it appears to still be quite active.

Ambuscade was the biggest change/addition since January with new gear sets almost every month and Asura's still the server with the largest English speaking population, if that's your idea of attractive.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
The problem is Asura is becoming over active. I really wish other players deciding to move would start going to the 2nd most populated server. We could have 2-3 nicely filled servers in the end if everyone didn't just jump on the Asura train.

I wouldn't worry about that, it has fewer players on it today than it did at the start of the year, same as most (all?) other servers. It seems to be FFXI's Florida, where everyone goes to retire.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-04 03:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

I wouldn't worry about that, it has fewer players on it today than it did at the start of the year, same as most (all?) other servers. It seems to be FFXI's Florida, where everyone goes to retire.
In the words of Afania: Lol no.

A lot of the other servers are looking at 300-500 max online Asura is normally around ~1100. We range from 800-1400 daily.

Two servers come to mind with above average numbers besides Asura.

The same can be said while all servers numbers have been dropping for a while. We had PS2/xBox support end this year and not everyone switched over to PC. A lot of people don't like the Abuscade only monthly updates,
By HitomeNaoki 2016-10-04 03:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I briefly transferred to Bahamut from Asura to pick some things up off the AH for lower prices. Suffice it to say, Bahamut is/was pretty dead in comparison to Asura.

Asura is very populated but I think there are so many merc shells on our server that this sense of overpopulation may be inflated. There are shout groups a lot of the time, sure, but it seems a lot of people purchase from merc shells. As a result, you see fewer shouts for content compared to, say, the beginning of the year when shout groups were pretty prevalent.

Like Chiaia says, Ambuscade grind seems to have scared off some people who didn't like the grind but hopefully they address this.

If you are motivated and interested in forming your own group for content, Asura will fit your needs.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-10-04 04:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Was jus hanging out w/ a guy who transferred from Valefor recently, he seemed to like it on Bahamut. Our population is majority JP but there's still plenty of NA/EU around.
By kasain 2016-10-04 07:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

Lol no.

It must be a trap._.

No trap.