Forum » FFXI » General » where to vw
where to vw
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-10-03 17:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So I been back in game about six weeks. I have over 8k vw stones to burn. Since trust cant be used what vw zones are best for solo or due?

Yes I know next week 11th is a vw event as well. Any other changes I need to know? Still six stones, run back get more?
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-10-03 17:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use trusts. You can set the NPC to draw from your stock so you don't have to go back every six fights. You must have at least 1 stone in your KI to take advantage of this when you pop, though.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2016-10-03 18:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you set the npc to draw from stock? I just see him giving the option to fill up my voidstones or sell the reward issuances.
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-10-03 19:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
how do you set the npc to draw from stock? I just see him giving the option to fill up my voidstones or sell the reward issuances.
As of the April 5th, 2016 Version Update, players can now use voidstones directly from their stock instead of refilling into their inventory. You must change this setting in order to take advantage of it. To set this option, speak with any Voidwatch Officer and select “Ask a bunch of questions.” Next, choose “Voidstone consumption” from the list of responses. When prompted, select “stock.”

Also, any VW is soloable at 119, even more so with Trust support.
[+]
By hobo 2016-10-03 21:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Best nms profit wise are still the Zilart stage 3s, Quilin Aello Uptala, or the side ones that drops dross/cinders, Morta Bismark Ig-Alima Botulus-Rex.

People like using 2-3 displacers per fight to speed up kill rate. If you have a group you can go 0, but its always time per kill

Personally I prefer Qilin and Morta, moving on to Aello later on as people run out of stones.
 Asura.Hitome
Server: Asura
By Asura.Hitome 2016-10-04 03:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
Best nms profit wise are still the Zilart stage 3s, Quilin Aello Uptala, or the side ones that drops dross/cinders, Morta Bismark Ig-Alima Botulus-Rex.

People like using 2-3 displacers per fight to speed up kill rate. If you have a group you can go 0, but its always time per kill

Personally I prefer Qilin and Morta, moving on to Aello later on as people run out of stones.

When farming these, do you bother to proc? If so, what job do you recommend?
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2016-10-04 12:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to proc while campaign is going.

If you don't mind buying displacers, it's probably better to solo or low man with people you know. Last campaign Aello was taking 3+ mins from one pop to the next, and the majority of this time was spent waiting for people to clear the box.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2016-10-04 13:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also displacers are 1k each now. If you obtain the NPCables you can break even/profit off that alone if you're trying to maximize your payout.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-10-04 14:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I like morta myself. Can sell plates, cinders, dross and she drops angleskins which sell good on my server