Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-24 16:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

D'oh Ho Ho! Get Ready for 'Longest' TV Marathon Ever
FXX will host 'Simpsons' event with all 600 episodes over the holidays

I suspect Fone had a hand in this.
Quote:
(Newser) – Don't settle down for a long winter's nap after Thankgiving dinner is over—turn on your television for what FXX is calling the "longest marathon in TV history." Mashable reports that the network will air all 600 episodes of The Simpsons for 300 hours of Homer and the Springfield gang over the holidays, kicking off on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26) and ending Dec. 4. The network did the same thing in 2014, when there were only 552 episodes. The new marathon will begin with the show's Emmy-nominated 1989 Christmas special, per Time. "The unprecedented feat of reaching 600 episodes deserves something of that caliber to mark it and celebrate it," FX Networks President and COO Chuck Saftler says in a statement.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-24 16:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I saw an episode of The Simpsons where they did this.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-24 17:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
D'oh Ho Ho! Get Ready for 'Longest' TV Marathon Ever
FXX will host 'Simpsons' event with all 600 episodes over the holidays

I suspect Fone had a hand in this.
Quote:
(Newser) – Don't settle down for a long winter's nap after Thankgiving dinner is over—turn on your television for what FXX is calling the "longest marathon in TV history." Mashable reports that the network will air all 600 episodes of The Simpsons for 300 hours of Homer and the Springfield gang over the holidays, kicking off on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26) and ending Dec. 4. The network did the same thing in 2014, when there were only 552 episodes. The new marathon will begin with the show's Emmy-nominated 1989 Christmas special, per Time. "The unprecedented feat of reaching 600 episodes deserves something of that caliber to mark it and celebrate it," FX Networks President and COO Chuck Saftler says in a statement.

Granted I've seen a lot of Simpsons but I'd say of those 600 episodes only maybe 300 are worth watching !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-24 18:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw Simpsons.

If they wanted the longest TV marathon ever, they would just air all of the Pokemon episodes, starting from Gen 1, to today.

All 941 of them. And still going strong.