Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-29 15:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
-Gravity is not the same thing as magnetism.
Scientists are now suggesting that what we have known to be the Ozone layer is a magnetic field doing the same exact thing as the Ozone. Would that not suggest that our whole atmosphere is magnetized
-The sun is not like a comet. the sun is a star and a comet is a chunk of rock and ice and other stuff that falls towards/orbits the sun.
That's what that vid you posted was suggesting. Our Sun travels like a comet while we orbit it. I was saying I didnt agree.
- Yes the comment about the earths magnetic field vs the fridge magnet is correct. You can literally find this information on dozens of science backed web pages if you look.
Yet strong enough to repel harmful radiation.
- Speaking of blackholes, they have the most gravity of any object anywhere and yet they are not the most magnetic object.
Yes, we know absolutely nothing beyond speculation and only fantasies. Having never had seen such existence while we know for sure what you claim.
Did you really say a flat earth and that we cant prove gravity? I should have stopped responding after the first post but this subject matter is one of my favorites so I got lured into it. I'll stop now. Enjoy your theories.
Can we prove The Cause of Gravity? We alrdy know the Effect.
Dont be insulted, but a lot of what you are saying is so far from correct
No need to question anything.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-29 15:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The magnetic field caused by our core+rotation keeps the atmosphere in place and this allows for all the nice living conditions we enjoy here on Earth City.

Mars has a superthin atmosphere because it's nearly dead geologically which causes it to not have a good enough magnetic field.

The filter is the atmosphere. And without a good magnetic force it gets blown away from the planet.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Can we prove The Cause of Gravity?
Sure, it's to keep our fat *** from floating off into space.

The effect is the cause.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-29 15:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Can we prove The Cause of Gravity?
Sure, it's to keep our fat *** from floating off into space.
The effect is the cause.
That's my biggest issue here. The explanation itself...
"It exists therefor it is" Mass = Gravity - As if all planets, moons, and stars were like holes in space creating gravity toward due to being such

Forget the Black Hole... there's the Sun Hole, Earth Hole and Moon Hole to consider
...someone forgot to put the plug in the tub Theory

Animated simulation of gravitational lensing caused by a black hole going past a background galaxy.

Interesting how it clearly shows Polarity as well as a Magnetic field formed around the star itself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 16:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I was being factitious.

I thought the fat *** term would have been obvious.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-29 16:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sorry, I was being factitious.

I thought the fat *** term would have been obvious.
No worries. No different than any other explanation.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-09-29 16:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This doesn't directly compare gravity to magnetism but it may help clear up some of the misunderstanding here.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-29 17:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This actually does help to explain why smaller objects of mass orbit, falling spiraling inward, toward larger masses? Which would suffice explaining Gravity in outer space.

The effect is a Vortex yet doesnt explain orbital paths such as the one Pluto travels around the Sun... As well as the Moon itself falling away from Earth, supposedly, and not towards us. Doing the exact opposite as it should.

Which defies such logic once again leading me to question all of it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-09-29 20:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The effect is a Vortex yet doesnt explain orbital paths such as the one Pluto travels around the Sun... As well as the Moon itself falling away from Earth, supposedly, and not towards us. Doing the exact opposite as it should.
The explanation for orbital paths is described by fairly complicated math. It isn't elementary school stuff. All the planets have orbits that are not perfect circles. They are ellipses. While most of the planets probably formed by collation of dust and rocks in the spinning solar system mostly in the same plane of motion, some objects are not like that. Pluto isn't a planet but it doesn't matter what name we give an object in space, gravity works the same on it. An orbit is just a reaction to how the two bodies were moving when they first encountered each other and how they continue to interact as they orbit. Pluto orbits in an eccentric orbit and it also orbits in a plane about 17 degrees off from the plane of the other objects. It may be that Pluto came from somewhere else and was captured by the sun's gravity as it was going past. It may also be that one of the larger object such as Neptune got too close and threw Pluto off it's normal orbit.

One very important note that shows you that all objects are affected by gravity. The moon does not orbit the earth. The earth does not orbit the moon. They both orbit a point in space called the center of mass. This center is called the Barycenter and even with HUGE stars and tiny planets, they both affect each other and orbit the center of mass and not perfectly around the biggest object. This shows how this works:
Orbits

You can see how as the smaller object orbits, it makes the larger object wobble.

So how about the moon moving away from us instead of closer like you would logically think an attractive force like gravity would cause? This little snip explains it better than I can:

Much_Smarter_Than_I_Am_Website said:
The reason for the increase is that the Moon raises tides on the Earth. Because the side of the Earth that faces the Moon is closer, it feels a stronger pull of gravity than the center of the Earth. Similarly, the part of the Earth facing away from the Moon feels less gravity than the center of the Earth. This effect stretches the Earth a bit, making it a little bit oblong. We call the parts that stick out "tidal bulges." The actual solid body of the Earth is distorted a few centimeters, but the most noticable effect is the tides raised on the ocean.

Now, all mass exerts a gravitational force, and the tidal bulges on the Earth exert a gravitational pull on the Moon. Because the Earth rotates faster (once every 24 hours) than the Moon orbits (once every 27.3 days) the bulge tries to "speed up" the Moon, and pull it ahead in its orbit. The Moon is also pulling back on the tidal bulge of the Earth, slowing the Earth's rotation. Tidal friction, caused by the movement of the tidal bulge around the Earth, takes energy out of the Earth and puts it into the Moon's orbit, making the Moon's orbit bigger (but, a bit pardoxically, the Moon actually moves slower!).

Which defies such logic once again leading me to question all of it.
I don't want to convince you to not be skeptical. It's good to think for yourself and learn the why's and how's of the world and not just take the facts as a given. But the flaw here is in your lack of information and incorrect premises of how things work. Once you have the right information, the logic will make much more sense.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-29 21:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
The explanation for orbital paths is described by fairly complicated math. It isn't elementary school stuff.
There is some sort of mathematic equation to everything explaining even more extreme scenarios beyond Pluto?
So how about the moon moving away from us instead of closer like you would logically think an attractive force like gravity would cause? This little snip explains it better than I can:

Much_Smarter_Than_I_Am_Website said:
The reason for the increase is that the Moon raises tides on the Earth. Because the side of the Earth that faces the Moon is closer, it feels a stronger pull of gravity than the center of the Earth. Similarly, the part of the Earth facing away from the Moon feels less gravity than the center of the Earth. This effect stretches the Earth a bit, making it a little bit oblong. We call the parts that stick out "tidal bulges." The actual solid body of the Earth is distorted a few centimeters, but the most noticable effect is the tides raised on the ocean.

Now, all mass exerts a gravitational force, and the tidal bulges on the Earth exert a gravitational pull on the Moon. Because the Earth rotates faster (once every 24 hours) than the Moon orbits (once every 27.3 days) the bulge tries to "speed up" the Moon, and pull it ahead in its orbit. The Moon is also pulling back on the tidal bulge of the Earth, slowing the Earth's rotation. Tidal friction, caused by the movement of the tidal bulge around the Earth, takes energy out of the Earth and puts it into the Moon's orbit, making the Moon's orbit bigger (but, a bit pardoxically, the Moon actually moves slower!).
I appreciate the effort but Im seriously not reading a definitive explanation. Just like the Moon being locked to the Earth always facing at the same point so too do Hot Jupiters. While one is leaving and the other is being engulfed in flames. I mean it could be explained by one of many numerous reasons. The Sun is actually doing such or the center of mass you mentioned or something else being a collective combination. While nobody seems to think that all these planets being polar magnetically charged objects has anything to do w/ anything it seems. While even if they did put more emphasis on such in any of these equations it would still make no difference whatsoever regardless. Way too many variables.

I can show a vid detailing by satelite images how not only the whole planet but even the Ozone atmosphere are both magnetically charged protection against the sun. While another PoV firmly believes such is as powerful as a fridge magnet.
Wiki said:
When an object falls into a black hole, any information about the shape of the object or distribution of charge on it is evenly distributed along the horizon of the black hole, and is lost to outside observers.
All while they claim that if I tossed my wallet into a Black Hole.
It will be processed like Data saved on PC storing information...
Which mathematic equation does that one fall under. Newton's? Einstein's? Zeus'?

All while I post a simulated image of a Black Hole showing it has the same magnetic polarity as Earth as well as a magnetic field. I could even claim that it is the remains of a star burning for billions of years into a pure liquid compound state until all natural gases were exhausted. Then what remains is nothing more than a solid metal magnetic supercharged frozen planet in deep space engulfing all of it's surroundings. Yet that sounds way too crazy so it must be a PC data storage device...
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-29 22:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Which mathematic equation does that one fall under. Newton's? Einstein's? Zeus'? ...
But the data is lost. That's why its sometimes called a singularity.

Your interpretation falls under no equation. The correct one is under Einstein's.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-09-29 23:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There is some sort of mathematic equation to everything explaining even more extreme scenarios beyond Pluto?
Orbital mechanics are litereally just slices of cones. If you took a cone shaped item and sliced a straight cut through it at any angle, the resulting cross section would provide an elliptical orbit of various sizes depending on the angle you picked. Here's one example.

Extremely eccentric orbits are simply slices with higher angles and the exact same equations dictate their paths as the much more regular ones.
Here's the equation:

Comets are one example of extremely eccentric orbits. As is Sedna, one of the trans-Neptunian objects. There isn't anything particularly special about any type of orbit. They are all just a result of the speed, distance, angle and mass of all the involved objects. Most of our satellites are very near perfect circles for orbits because we planned it that way.

I appreciate the effort but Im seriously not reading a definitive explanation. Just like the Moon being locked to the Earth always facing at the same point so too do Hot Jupiters. While one is leaving and the other is being engulfed in flames. I mean it could be explained by one of many numerous reasons. The Sun is actually doing such or the center of mass you mentioned or something else being a collective combination. While nobody seems to think that all these planets being polar magnetically charged objects has anything to do w/ anything it seems. While even if they did put more emphasis on such in any of these equations it would still make no difference whatsoever regardless. Way too many variables.

Honestly have no idea what you're saying here. All I can say is that clearly observable events happen, we determine mathematical models which explain the dynamics of these events and then test them to ensure they are accurate. There is no mystery about how orbits work or that magnetism has absolutely nothing to do with how orbits function. These facts were determined century's ago. I'm also not sure what your point is about hot jupiters. Tidal lock is a thing that happens? It's easily explained by tidal forces due to the cubed squared law and weakening of gravitation over distance.

I can show a vid detailing by satelite images how not only the whole planet but even the atmosphere of the Ozone are magnetically charged protection against the sun. While another PoV firmly believes such is as powerful as a fridge magnet.
Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about the ozone and magnetism. I don't think it's charged but I could be wrong. What I do know is the ozone protects us from UV radiation, not solar winds. The magnetosphere protects us from the solar wind. Are you trying to say that it having the ability to protect us and that a fridge magnet is just is strong are some sort of conflict? Again, I don't know anything about this and I don't particularly feel any need to research it but I would imagine that if this were true, they would be speaking to one aspect of magnets. I'd imagine that the power of a magnet and the size of it's field are not related but even a weak magnetic field the size of the earth would be large enough to divert charged particles in solar winds.

Which mathematics equation does that one fall under. Newton's? Einstein's? Zeus'?
There are arguments on both sides for the retention of data after going in to a black hole. That's why it's called the black hole paradox. Simple fact is, we need more information and the current ideas, as far as I am aware, are conjecture. We don't know everything and there are a great number of things that we are guessing at or making our best judgments using the information we know but you should probably focus on the basics first and worry about theoretical physics and astronomy after you get a decent grasp on the foundational knowledge that we are much more certain of.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-30 01:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
you're asking, "why does mass have gravity?" Because weight always has pull. think of a sheet of silk on a bed as your existence.
Yet mass =/= weight not to be an *** cuz that is obviously not how I considered space to be to begin w/. How can something w/ no substance, no way to bottle, bend or distort something be comparable to something like a sheet of paper. If anything I wouldve thought the rotation of planets sent ripples through space, like water, controlling orbits. Definitely not the mass of objects causing such to occur. I never cared for such info before.

Now they speak of literally tearing holes through both space and time itself. I see physicists speak of time travel...
I believed them. I saw the Nazca Lines. Heiroglyphics depicting modern day helicopters. Ancient civilizations built that make modern day archaeologists scratch thier head.

Honestly I was rather surprised Magnetic means of transportation could not be achieved or claimed to be impossible. Like a puzzle missing pieces. Everything all seemed to fit perfectly into place. Time & Space traveling UFOs lmfao. What is impossible today always seems to sound alot more possible come tomorrow.

Now Im just disappointed.
By Kodaijin 2016-09-30 08:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what this thread is making me think of.

Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-09-30 08:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I was rather surprised Magnetic means of transportation could not be achieved or claimed to be impossible.
Go ride a maglev train?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-30 14:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I was rather surprised Magnetic means of transportation could not be achieved or claimed to be impossible.
Go ride a maglev train?
Yeah forget about the mysteries of black holes. Maglev trains time & space travel themselves.
Depicted through out ancient hystery as the transportation of the gods. Impressive.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 14:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With every new post you make progressively less sense.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-30 14:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has been a super fun read. carry on.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-09-30 14:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
This thread has been a super fun read. carry on.

I had to stop trying to read it. It's like some people didn't take any science classes, or pay attention.
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-09-30 14:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
you're asking, "why does mass have gravity?" Because weight always has pull. think of a sheet of silk on a bed as your existence.
Yet mass =/= weight not to be an *** cuz that is obviously not how I considered space to be to begin w/.

Now Im just disappointed.

Problem here is from lack of understanding the terminology and relying on just Youtube videos as source learning materials. The History channel oversimplifies everything so that it doesn't go over the heads of younger viewers. (They explain pulsars with yogurt ffs.)

By definition mass does not equal weight, but assuming a uniform gravitational field the force exerted (weight) on an object is directly proportional to its mass; Mass = Weight.

I've never seen anyone in the scientific community claim magnetic forces would be impossible to be used for space travel, it would just be very impractical as you wouldn't reach anywhere near the speed of light. Also going the speed of light is unfavorable because you end up in the future with no way of returning to the past. Folding space-time (assuming we could harness an energy source to do so) would be the way we would go.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 15:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

^ "Gargantua" from the movie Interstellar.

There's lots of debates about Black Holes, Gravitational Lensing and the like but if you're curious, check out physicist Kip Thorne's insight and involvement with creating "Gargantua" for the film. It was definitely more than just getting the math and science accurate.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 15:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to wonder if this is the same guy who came up with his great invention of perpetual energy device. Don't remember name of thread, wanted to look it up lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23