Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-23 09:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Winner was Chaltor(Asura.Jimothy)!
Alright COR is one of my favorite jobs in game and I want to give back to the community!
I will reward someone with a Blurred Knife +1. (If you're willing to transfer to Asura to pick up!)
~If you are on Asura you can enter and if selected you luck out and don't have to transfer.

Please post what you think is an amazing screen shot of something you did while on COR and some details about it.

Don't have a screenshot?!? Don't worry just post something awesome you did on COR and give me some more details.
~ No I killed West Ron Bunny post either.
~~ It doesn't have to be about how much dmg you did! Have funny story while on COR? An awesome adventure you did while on COR. That time you wiped your party? >.> etc etc
I juts need to weed out dumb crap at the same time.
Edited: Sept 24th (4:55PM EDT)

The winner will be randomly selected by post #(as long as it not about stupid stuff). If the post isn't an entry or is some how a 2nd+ entry(if you come up with a better entry edit you entry post) I will re-roll. (random.org they use atmospheric noise to generate a random #)
~If you you try to enter more then once you're disqualified. I will read all post to make sure and try to weed out socks/duplicates!

The Winner will have to show me a screen shot of their character with 500~ JPs on COR to receive the reward. Why, because I want the winner to be a true fan of COR and not to just sell it. By all means if you think selling it can help your COR more then sell it! (Maybe help you on DP or something.)

Some other info:
Winner will have to transfer to Asura to pick up! You have one week to transfer a mule or yourself otherwise re-roll. If you're not willing to transfer please don't enter.
I will check if you ever owned (via FFXIAH) a Blurred Knife +1 before, if you did then you can't win and I will re-roll. Why, because you proably just going to sell it to make gil again.
If you can't show me you have 500~ JP on COR within a day or 2 of winning, I will re-roll.
If this thread starts making the FFXIAH staff focus on it to much. I will cancel it and ask that it be locked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will also ask that you keep discussion to a minimum inside the thread and just focus on entries but I don't see this happening.

Winner will be selected on Sept 30 late at night.

I've talked to AnnaMolly already if this is ok to post and was given the ok, so no discussion about that please.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-23 09:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be bored. You were shouting last night to sell it, now you're giving it away.

But what's with the server discrimination? I'm right in your backyard, and you could have just offered it to me. I would have done some superb glaka tapdancing. cheapskate! xD
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-23 09:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You must be bored. You were shouting last night to sell it, now you're giving it away.

But what's with the server discrimination? I'm right in your backyard, and you could have just offered it to me. I would have done some superb glaka tapdancing. cheapskate! xD
Actually I made 3 of them a few weeks ago and talked to a FFXIAH mod the other day about posting this. Yes I have some for sale but one to give away via this! If the winner happens to be on Asura well then they luck out since they don't have't transfer.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-23 09:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, it would cost 19 bucks at minimum. How is that a victory lol...
[+]
By Chyula 2016-09-23 09:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I change to cor and doing my shout, get hot heads exploded. I win! Now give me my Knife.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-23 09:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Meh, it would cost 19 bucks at minimum. How is that a victory lol...
Some people don't buy gil but are not rich in game either so they will never have the chance at this then. Also some servers no one makes +1 blurred. I've had a few people transfer to me just to make them something. (Not saying you buy gil just an example.)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-23 09:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok. Way you made it sound like it was only for non Asurans
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-23 09:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

99k leaden/99k darkness on Apex Pugil. Please dbox to Toralin k thx
By eliroo 2016-09-23 09:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

But I wanna use it on my RDM and NIN too :(
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2016-09-23 09:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do it but Fledaquality on Asura spent around two hours with me figuring out COR and SCH skillchains. We figured out that SCH and COR can double darkness, which is cool.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-23 10:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silversean said: »
I didn't do it but Fledaquality on Asura spent around two hours with me figuring out COR and SCH skillchains. We figured out that SCH and COR can double darkness, which is cool.
Distortion + LS + WF?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-09-23 10:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thrilled any time I hit an 11, especially if I roll really low... like a 1... 1... 2... etc. and then, just before the Double Up Window is running out, boom! 11!

A little piece of me dies every time I bust.

Playing COR is a lot of fun, but I am usually our main tank. We do use SCH + COR skill chains to destroy Aeonic line NMs. It's really awesome what COR can do.
I am proud of the responses I received while meleeing as COR in this latest Ambuscade. The incredible amount of hallmarks needed at a pathetic 300 per fight means I take every opportunity and party up with a variety of people I haven't experienced since leveling prior to Abyssea. Few people bring COR to DD, so popping out some rolls and then going to town with Savage Blade opened a few eyes to the possibilities!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-09-23 11:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably had the largest giggle-fit on Corsair during a melee party with Trulusia during a double xp/cp campaign.

We didn't have any black mages or SCH's to create some nice fat bursts so what do we do? He wanted to be on his WAR, I was on COR, and we could get our hands on a geo, a rdm, and a bard for pulling I think. We then trekked down to some Apex Jagils/Crabs and tried to setup something that wouldn't be embarrassing.

A long complicated skillchain later we had Tru starting in an Axe to open the skillchain, switch to great axe to close the skillchain, and I would follow up with Leaden Salute for a punishing darkness. A Cor roll and an Allies' roll setup meant we were in business. Even the Red Mage helped out with that ... spell thingy, inundation(I don't remember the name). Things were dying left and right.

That night, it came to be known from the parse that "Skillchain: Langly" could out DD everyone, nobody was even close. Thank you to my Leaden Salute, molybdosis, and most of all, thank you Allies' Roll.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-23 11:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a COR soloing Wrathare. Since the player didn't post the video herself, I'll be happy to collect the prize on her behalf. :)

Thanks!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-23 12:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Very cool video, ty!
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2016-09-23 12:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Please post what you think is an amazing screen shot of something you did while on COR and some details about it.

Having been in love with COR since it was made available in ToAU, I've had many, many wacky adventures with it.
So, I guess here's my entry:

One of the coolest things I did, was back in 2009, heading up to Sky and soloing things like Despot, Ullikummi, Genbu, etc. Just a ***-load of kiting, and QD's, and time. It was slow and torturous, but a hellova lotta fun!

One of the DUMBEST things I've done is more recently, being asked if I had CDC (mind you, I've got a 119III DP, yet NO ONE ever seems to realize what COR and a good DP/LS build can do.. or at least the people I run into).
Like an idiot, I said "Of course I have CDC unlocked".
Took me a good 5 mins to figure out why CDC wasn't going off.
I spent the rest of the night hating myself.

(FYI, I'm actually on Asura now)
[+]
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2016-09-23 12:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Distortion + LS + WF?

Yup.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-23 13:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It took you two people and two hours to figure that out?
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-23 13:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

this was about 1.5 years ago when they added CP gifts and realized I wanted the 550 gift real bad lol, so I started seriously CP on cor and ppl would shout for CP pts often. one day someone was shouting "CP pt Looking for members DD Can I have it?" so of course I respond "@ Cor ,Yes please" to which they said "sry I need a DD" and I said "minimum 10k Leaden Salute" then they said "ohh ok". get to the pt they have a sam, I ask him to please make distortion and I can finish with darkness, IIRC we had geo pld whm blm and after the first fight the leader was somthing like "OMFGWTF" and after the first few fights they switched from T5 nukes to like t2 if they got to nuke at all lol, after this party that guy would always ask me to Cp whenever he saw me lol.

not particularly special, but to me this sort of set off the whole DD cor idea to a lot of shiva as there was only like 3-4 serious cors at the time lol, but after a few months of Cping on cor I saw several others doing the same thing and people shouting for it.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-23 13:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I rolled an 11 this one time, it was a pretty cool experience, I'd rate it 11 out of 10, though definitely not a 12 because no Balthier or Fran.

Also I think it's cool you're doing this but ya obviously don't count this post. Good luck to other posters.
[+]
By Mekki 2016-09-23 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my Leaden Salute DMG on Byakko.

Was excited to deal maxx dmg first time.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-23 13:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I rolled an 11 this one time, it was a pretty cool experience, I'd rate it 11 out of 10, though definitely not a 12 because no Balthier or Fran.

Also I think it's cool you're doing this but ya obviously don't count this post. Good luck to other posters.

[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-23 13:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not an entry, but back when Mirke Wardecors was added, the -5 QD recast augment could be exploited to break the timer, giving you unlimited charges. I used it to full clear Salvage solo (after entry/cells) by kiting/equip changing before they patched it. After the patch, I still did a lot of kiting/QD kills, even clearing all the NMs in La Vaule and Beadeaux [S] solo to get the BC KIs for my LS.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-09-23 15:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The coolest thing I've done on cor is give my party 9min 25s rolls and drop party and cheer them on from the outside. Did I win?
By Afania 2016-09-23 15:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Signed blurred +1!! I want one!

Edit: Also just FYI, because it's ideally to own 2 knifes it's not fair for those who already get one q.q. I won't sell it I promise!
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-09-23 17:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor Grew to be my main surpassing jobs like THF, RNG which i have relics for them, i started as a recruit on an ADL ls back in the dasys my mules becam my main for the PD, then i decided to gear it for the hell of it, atm only lacking that knife + adhemar body working on my herc feets augs to get acc+attack and ~TA+4% to fully finish my DD set, and Lsalute ended getting me some T1-T3 invites on jima and apex, atm~330 will put the rest 170 before the 2 days deadline. /beg /kneel /puppyeyes
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-23 17:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not in for the knife, just for fun. I dunno that I even particularly love playing COR any more, though at one time I considered it one of my "mains". That was way back though, the height of my love for COR was in the days of pulling pink birds in meripo, OG Nyzul Isle static, COR/RNG pew pew and Slug Shot, etc.

But still, I can't resist posting my greatest COR achievement: Maximum Fashion Statement. Sometimes I pull it out on not-COR, but that just doesn't feel right (it's always my COR lockstyle though!)

[+]
By Afania 2016-09-23 17:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm not in for the knife, just for fun. I dunno that I even particularly love playing COR any more, though at one time I considered it one of my "mains". That was way back though, the height of my love for COR was in the days of pulling pink birds in meripo, OG Nyzul Isle static, COR/RNG pew pew and Slug Shot, etc.

But still, I can't resist posting my greatest COR achievement: Maximum Fashion Statement. Sometimes I pull it out on not-COR, but that just doesn't feel right (it's always my COR lockstyle though!)

Huh, I remember you used to post on allakhazam job forum a lot isn't it? The job got a lot more popular these days since all that leaden OPness. I got a couple of people told me they are interested in gearing cor and make dp after seeing it's dps.

Back then if you dare to say "I outparse DD" you got flamed for playing with bad DD because cor winning parse= sin in FFXI. No one really bother to gear it seriously because lolcor dps.
By iambatman3131 2016-09-23 17:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't take a screenshot, damn it, but i tried to solo Golden kist last night on Cor, that didn't work out very well for me and i took a dirt nap after 30 secs!
First Page 2 3