Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nexus Cape Glitching
Nexus Cape Glitching
By Draylo 2016-09-21 21:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm, without windower/add-ons, if Nexus cape is randomly not working? Sometimes it works, most times it will be used and make the character invisible and then nothing happens. I'm unsure if this is related to windower or an add-on because I don't play without them, so I'm curious if anyone who doesn't play with those is getting this error.

Before anyone asks, yes its being equipped and used properly, correct zone/area etc.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-21 21:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a known issue for months that hasn't been fixed.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-09-21 21:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

With or without windower, haven't seen that clarification which is why I made the post.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-09-21 21:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to use it yesterday and I had the same issue. It just didn't warp me.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2016-09-21 23:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also experienced this wherein it should've warped me but it didn't. I thought it was just me and didn't think too much of it.
By Draylo 2016-09-21 23:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but I'm trying to see if its related to windower or not, because a similar problem like this happened a while ago. Anyone don't use windower or 3rd PP?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-22 00:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not related to windower, it's a known issue that was even reported in the May 2016 update notes. Vague note, but this is clearly the same issue - there were reports of this happening in the month or two before that update. Hasn't been addressed at all, to my knowledge. I've seen it happen on Windower, and I have friends who don't use Windower who have the same issues.

I think I recall reading somewhere that it's a bigger issue (or maybe only occurs) when the cape user is in a town. Just tested on my main and mule/alt:

1) Player 1 in Qufim Island, used Nexus Cape to warp to Player 2 (leader) in West Ronfaure. Worked fine.

2) Player 2 in Southern San d'Oria, attempted to use Nexus Cape to warp to Player 1 (leader) in West Ronfaure. Failed.

I'd be interested to check if there are issues warping TO a leader in a city as well, but 20 hour cooldown means I'll either have to wait until tomorrow or see what others have to say.

Edit:
Several other people here reported it happening at least as far back as May - link

Also, some bug reports of this issue on the official forum:
April 2016
August 2016
 Siren.Phoenixtail
Server: Siren
By Siren.Phoenixtail 2016-09-22 02:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My best guess so far is that it may be related to having it in a wardrobe. Try having two people use it from the same area to reach a party lead somewhere else. One from wardrobe, one from inventory? May even be specific to a particular wardrobe from 1/2/3/4.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-22 02:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Phoenixtail said: »
My best guess so far is that it may be related to having it in a wardrobe. Try having two people use it from the same area to reach a party lead somewhere else. One from wardrobe, one from inventory? May even be specific to a particular wardrobe from 1/2/3/4.

I doubt it. I've never had my Nexus Cape in a wardrobe on either character, always used from inventory. Always used to work fine, stopped working this year right along with everyone else suddenly having problems.

If I was gonna make some wild guess, I think it might be more likely that the expansion of shared shout zones (and possibly some preliminary behind the scenes implementation) could have screwed something else. Would be more in line with the apparent problems with Nexus Cape being used in cities.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-09-22 03:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
I've also experienced this wherein it should've warped me but it didn't. I thought it was just me and didn't think too much of it.
This is what happened when I tryed to go to behemoth with you that one time
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2016-09-22 06:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried to warp from Port Jeuno to leader in Konshtat Highlands... Animation went... Then I appeared as though I had put invis on. Glitched again.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-22 13:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm whether you've successfully warped with the Nexus Cape and you (the user, not the party leader) started out INSIDE A CITY? Anyone getting the problem when you're outside of the city and try to Nexus to someone?

If the issue only occurs when users are in town, the easy workaround is to step outside before you use your cape.

I'll test more on my two accounts when possible, but that 20 hour cooldown makes it kind of annoying to get data.
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2016-09-22 16:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Several of my friends and I've tested the Nexus Cape out. From what we can gather the Nexus Cape will work in the list of zones it says it works (get the list online) as long as the person warping to the party leader is in an outdoor zone. Do not be in a city, a dungeon etc. We've tested this more than 10 times at least while leveling mules. Also note that you must have visited the zone in question at least once to warp there via Nexus Cape.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-22 21:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tested another couple times:
West Ronfaure -> Cape Terrigan (worked)
Norg -> Cape Terrigan (failed)

Those results were consistent with expectations if we're assuming that:
1) If the person using the Nexus Cape is in a city, the warp will fail.
2) If in an outdoor zone, Nexus Cape seems to work fine.

Redenius brings up an interesting point about using the cape in "dungeon" zones possibly causing the glitch as well. I'll try a couple of those tomorrow and see what I get.
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2016-09-22 23:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Behemoth zone is a dungeon so is dragons aery. So it has to be outside of a dungeon to be used but had trouble with it on xbox360 where it glitched too.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [262 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-11 16:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly the least useful item in the game currently
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2017-06-11 16:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now it only seems to work when you use it out in the open field, not in dungeons or cities.
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-06-11 17:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

just have to be in same zone as party leader, works just fine.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2017-06-11 19:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cahota said: »
just have to be in same zone as party leader, works just fine.
This is what I always end up doing. Being in the same zone has never failed me.