Pirates !!!!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Pirates !!!!!!
Pirates !!!!!!
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-21 19:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Been working on getting ready for my 106 ~> 110 skills and gathering up Baits (Dwarf Pugils / Drill Calamary) However...............

Where are the Pirates ??????

:(

Took about 3 hrs of going back and forth and still no sign of them ><

Anybody have any information or tricks / hints they would like to share about this ?

Gotta catch "Sea Zombie" to get (Drill Calamary) but w/o Pirates it is impossible.

also is there a day in specific that they pop ?

EDIT:
P.S. I am using Ebisu F. Rod (as my Lu Sheng +1 is not good for this anymore since it can break)
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2016-09-21 20:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you can cap 110 on the Armored Pisces in Movalpolos, which are far easier to get to/deal with. I don't have Ebisu and used Lu Shang's to cap. I didn't want to deal with the pirates at all.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-21 20:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sulia said: »
I'm pretty sure you can cap 110 on the Armored Pisces in Movalpolos, which are far easier to get to/deal with. I don't have Ebisu and used Lu Shang's to cap. I didn't want to deal with the pirates at all.

Armored Pisces is only 103

I need to get more Drill Calamary to get Liks / Gugursaurus / Matsya

(Specially Matsya)

for my Ebisu +1
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2016-09-21 20:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

(Specially Matsya)

for my Ebisu +1
I'm pretty sure the crafting update also applied to fishing. I don't remember fishing on the boat at all for finishing up my fishing to 110. Also, Wiki says Armored Pisces cap at 108 not 103.

It wouldn't hurt to take some time out to go to Movalpolos and see if you get any skill ups from them instead of waiting for the pirates in hopes of getting a chance to skill up.

Since I haven't worked on Ebisu at all, I haven't looked into the +1 requirements, but I'd imagine that having capped fishing first would help in the long run to catching everything more easily.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-21 23:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

(Specially Matsya)

for my Ebisu +1
I'm pretty sure the crafting update also applied to fishing. I don't remember fishing on the boat at all for finishing up my fishing to 110. Also, Wiki says Armored Pisces cap at 108 not 103.

It wouldn't hurt to take some time out to go to Movalpolos and see if you get any skill ups from them instead of waiting for the pirates in hopes of getting a chance to skill up.

Since I haven't worked on Ebisu at all, I haven't looked into the +1 requirements, but I'd imagine that having capped fishing first would help in the long run to catching everything more easily.

I Believe you misjudged my statement , sorry if I was unclear, let me try again:

Trying to get Pirates on Boat so I can get fish called "Sea Zombie" and then turn it in for "Drill Calamary" so I can use that for fishing "Matsya" in Vunkel

not trying to skill up (I Posted my lvl so people don't ask what lvl I am)

for skill ups doing "Ryu" Fish (Sokiryu/Hakiryu/ETc......) ^^

and I been using JP website to guide fish lvls it stated it stop getting good skill ups at 103, then state to do other types of fish.

That is why I have not done it since ^^

Other reason is that I am working on my fish type completion.
149/163 fish types (Page 1-8 complete) Need page 9 , 10 , 11 :D

Thanks for the hint tho about the Pices, will give it a shot once I get more "Drill Calamary"
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-09-22 00:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You can often buy Drill Calamary or Dwarf Pugils with login points. You can also obtain some from your Mog Garden.

To catch Gugrusaurus, you're better off using Meatballs rather than Drill Calamary. Pirate attacks are few and far between, and there's no trick to make them spawn more often.

You can use Dwarf Pugils to catch Matsya, which are more easily obtained from Cave Cherax. You can also level to 110 off them, though I personally hit 110 off of Giant Chirai.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-22 06:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
You can often buy Drill Calamary or Dwarf Pugils with login points. You can also obtain some from your Mog Garden.

To catch Gugrusaurus, you're better off using Meatballs rather than Drill Calamary. Pirate attacks are few and far between, and there's no trick to make them spawn more often.

You can use Dwarf Pugils to catch Matsya, which are more easily obtained from Cave Cherax. You can also level to 110 off them, though I personally hit 110 off of Giant Chirai.

Cool Thx.