Ad Box Right On Top Of Submit And Preview Buttons

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Ad box right on top of submit and preview buttons
Ad box right on top of submit and preview buttons
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-09-08 09:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to relocate that box to a more comfortable area on the page? It is so annoying hitting it instead of submit or preview when I am editing a post on a touch screen.
By Jetackuu 2016-09-08 09:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If I recall one of Rook's recent posts correctly he intends to revamp some things to make it more mobile friendly, and I believe this has been brought up before. Just an fyi.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-08 10:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a known issue that has been on the to-do list, due to things such as achievements and loopholes in the mod tooling taking priority and lack of dev time, it got pushed back.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-08 10:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Take comfort knowing you've generated revenue for a site full of great info and people that you utilize free of charge.~

Edit: That said, still not sure why the ads keep trying to hook me up with Greek mail order brides. That's not even my fetish, no idea where they got the idea I dig on Greek girls.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 10:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
That's not even my fetish, no idea where they got the idea I dig on Greek girls.
Please, we both know you would prefer a Greek girl covered in Tirokafteri.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-08 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That's not even my fetish, no idea where they got the idea I dig on Greek girls.

I don't know what this is and given the context I'm afraid to Google it at work.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 10:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what this is and given the context I'm afraid to Google it at work.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-08 11:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, see, this is one of those discussions that's going to get you more than you bargained for.

I do not like mixing food and sex. At all. I don't want a woman covered in chocolate syrup or whipped cream, I don't want to eat fruit or sushi off of a naked woman.

I really like food. I really like women.

But I do not like to diminish the value or my enjoyment of either by trying to enjoy them both at once.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 11:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, see, this is one of those discussions that's going to get you more than you bargained for.
Well ***.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-08 11:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, iv been having issues with these ads as well. Most likely the video ads. Aside from hating any ad that talks or makes noise, it is ramping up my cpu and lagging me up a ton. Some times even freezing my browser. Its incredibly annoying.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 11:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
honestly, iv been having issues with these ads as well. Most likely the video ads. Aside from hating any ad that talks or makes noise, it is ramping up my cpu and lagging me up a ton. Some times even freezing my browser. Its incredibly annoying.
That's why I do AdBlock now.

Until Rooks/Scragg fixes that issue, I'm blocking all ads.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-08 11:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i get the site needs ads to operate, and im ok with that. Site does a lot of good for me, so i have no compulsion to block ads that they need to operate. But when it starts to repeatedly freeze my browser or lag to me the hell... then it makes one wonder. - Granted, i know i have an older machine, but iv been on here for many a years with no issues. This one is only recently.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 11:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i get the site needs ads to operate, and im ok with that. Site does a lot of good for me, so i have no compulsion to block ads that they need to operate. But when it starts to repeatedly freeze my browser or lag to me the hell... then it makes one wonder. - Granted, i know i have an older machine, but iv been on here for many a years with no issues. This one is only recently.
I feel the same. I have a Windows 10 that lags only with this site, and only with video ads.

Like I said, I'll turn it off when they get rid of the video ads.
By Jetackuu 2016-09-08 11:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a computer that was made in the past 5 years sir.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-09-08 11:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, the ad content/types are completely beyond my level of access. I can move around the boxes, but their placement is, in a lot of cases, determined by the ad network.

I'll see what I can do.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet if you complain enough, they will eventually change it.

Especially when you point out that video ads are causing more people to use AdBlock or other similar programs.

Remember, it's not just this website that profits from ads.
By Jetackuu 2016-09-08 11:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know Scragg has explicitly said before to notify about any ad that has audio as we're not supposed to get those. Whether or not it's still true however is unknown.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-08 12:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember, it's not just this website that profits from ads.

Yeah; the Serbian Wives ad is how Chaos got mugged and left for dead behind a dumpster in Serbia stopped coming around.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-08 12:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Get a computer that was made in the past 5 years sir.

iv been using this site on this comp (and even older ones) without issue for many a years. This is only recent with the video ads.

That being said, i was about to get a new comp. I even designed one out if you remember. Up near 2k. But, as usual, ***happened. And not that im disabled and out on my own, my budget it abysmally low. So no 2k computer in my future. I havnt bothered yet until i get everything else sorted out again, but id like to design a cheaper one. Much cheaper. But something that would still work well for me.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-08 12:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I know Scragg has explicitly said before to notify about any ad that has audio as we're not supposed to get those. Whether or not it's still true however is unknown.
A bit of an update on this; I've actually spoken with him about this on two occasions and he has told me that these are essentially slipping through the cracks on Google's end. They shouldn't be appearing here.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-08 12:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
A bit of an update on this; I've actually spoken with him about this on two occasions and he has told me that these are essentially slipping through the cracks on Google's end. They shouldn't be appearing here.

what does it say when google of all people cant get an ad right... :/
By Ramyrez 2016-09-08 13:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That advertising is the most powerful force in this country. Hold onto your ***, because it's only going to get worse.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-08 13:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rockjaw
Server: Lakshmi
user: knifefox
By Lakshmi.Rockjaw 2016-09-08 13:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an option on the ads themselves to mute or block specific ads or advertisers from displaying. If you see something like a video ad and it's bogging down your system, click on the AdChoices link and a new window will appear. This is where you can opt out.
[+]