Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-09-03 08:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
If anybody cares,

Ten -> Kamu -> 1000~1999 TP Shun -> Shun is Fragmentation -> Light -> Radiance.

Savage > Expiacion > 1k Req > Req works as well!... as long as you ignore that Req sucks <.<
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-03 16:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I was thinking more along the lines of an 18 person group with 8~ BLM and about the same amount of support in the set up you mentioned.
Problem I see with this setup is survivability during the Astral Flow thing.
Maybe BLMs can survive with ManaWall, but the others would kinda die I'm afraid.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-10 21:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We fought TC again twice tonight, with 16 people. We didn't have a SMN around this time :/

PLD - Popper
WHM
BRD
GEO x3(Probably didn't need the third one)
BST x4
PUP x4
COR x2
---------------------------------------------------------------------

First fight we spent an absurd amount of time on wave 2 due to some communication issues and people being stoned for very large amounts of time. By the time we got to TC himself, we had six minutes left on the clock. At 76% we managed to get a White !!, which completely locked out Bilgstorm, and thus his aura. We proceeded to beat his *** down to 45% before we timed out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Second run we got our ***together on the first waves and made it to TC with a whopping 17 minutes left on the clock. Could not lock out Bilgstorm this time. Aura was up more or less the entire time, and it was shitty. Hard to keep pets alive and dealing damage, so we got him to 50% before we couldn't resleep adds and wiped from adds+aura+Astral.

Astral Flow by itself isn't really that dangerous it seems. Scherzo+Stoneskin kept me alive with my shitty little HP pool. Seems that fanning out helps a good deal with keeping people alive. Puppetmasters can basically go wherever they want and be fine.

I'm fairly confident that if we were able to lockout Bilgestorm during the second fight we would have won without issue, but we don't know how we did it, so...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-09-11 17:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

White proc can occur after a Light Skillchain. I don't know if the SC must exceed a certain threshold of damage or be performed at a specific moment but it's pretty rare to get a proc and TC can still use Bilgestorm / pop the Bio aura after.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-23 21:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue we've run into is with the Bio aura just eating our melees alive. He gets it up after Bilgestorm but do Light or Radience skillchains have a chance to remove it?

Is it also plausible to use 2-3 melee RUN (Aeonic) as your main damage sources on this? Seems to me that a One for All rotation makes his Astral Flow a really moot point.
By Verda 2016-10-23 22:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH regen V and Embrava can help against bio aura a lot, it should be in the video notes by mischief but pretty sure that's what the group I won with did.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-04 12:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG strategy is incredibly effective. May do a longer writeup later, but the basics are:

RNG RNG RNG GEO WHM (6th slot is for rotating brd and cors to buff)

PLD WHM SCH BRD COR

(probably not necessary, but i also used a RUN, second COR, RDM)

-Hate sucks on chariots/beast kings. I just had the RNG party whm stand away from them for -nas and let them pull it. Nothing one shots with scherzo.

-Acc is easy to cap on everything except tumult.

-Hydra's nerve gas is 30'. Ideally, rngs should be around 20' with their whm around 40' so they can quickly heal the rngs without getting hit.

-Khimaira seems to occasionally hate reset. A dead rng is not a wipe, don't worry about it.

-Cerberus hate is ***, I just throw up attune/frailty and entrust vex then stand them in melee range and burn it down(after khim/hydra dead and any weakened rngs unweak.

Tumult is pretty straightforward. The big trick here is:

If the PLD is both the popper and has hate, only members of their party will be targeted by avatars. By disbanding at 76-78% and allowing the rest of the ally to keep DPSing, the astral flows will only hit the PLD and you can reinvite after they're done and continue DPS unhindered.

Note that claim doesn't seem to follow the usual 'last person to touch' rule. If PLD drops and they still have claim, i just have one RNG join them and force AF. A single dead rng won't hurt much, and even if they're on top of the other rngs AF won't hit them outside alliance. I used one for all on my PLD each time, resulting in 0 damage astral flows. This isn't really necessary, but it's a nice safety net(with 3000 hp, cureskin, and no cursna or mdt-, they won't kill you without it.. but one for all takes all that out of there and they'll do straight 0s).

RNG outdamages every DD easily on tumult, because ranged attacks can't be intimidated, they don't get debuffed, and accuracy is a non-issue. With bolster, 3 annihilator rngs can do 20-30% a minute. The last form takes under 10 min, have done the entire fight in under 25 min even with waiting out weakness after khim.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-11-04 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
The issue we've run into is with the Bio aura just eating our melees alive. He gets it up after Bilgestorm but do Light or Radience skillchains have a chance to remove it?

Is it also plausible to use 2-3 melee RUN (Aeonic) as your main damage sources on this? Seems to me that a One for All rotation makes his Astral Flow a really moot point.

Yes it's plausible, we used 2 aeonic RUNs to tank/melee each NM while our PLD held adds. We had 13 people and finished the fight around 25 minutes if I remember right.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-04 15:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting RNG strategy... It might be worth bringing a SAM/RNG for some damage but more importantly for Circle / Seal JA's on Demons.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-04 16:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
RNG strategy is incredibly effective. May do a longer writeup later, but the basics are:

RNG RNG RNG GEO WHM (6th slot is for rotating brd and cors to buff)

PLD WHM SCH BRD COR

(probably not necessary, but i also used a RUN, second COR, RDM)

-Hate sucks on chariots/beast kings. I just had the RNG party whm stand away from them for -nas and let them pull it. Nothing one shots with scherzo.

-Acc is easy to cap on everything except tumult.

-Hydra's nerve gas is 30'. Ideally, rngs should be around 20' with their whm around 40' so they can quickly heal the rngs without getting hit.

-Khimaira seems to occasionally hate reset. A dead rng is not a wipe, don't worry about it.

-Cerberus hate is ***, I just throw up attune/frailty and entrust vex then stand them in melee range and burn it down(after khim/hydra dead and any weakened rngs unweak.

Tumult is pretty straightforward. The big trick here is:

If the PLD is both the popper and has hate, only members of their party will be targeted by avatars. By disbanding at 76-78% and allowing the rest of the ally to keep DPSing, the astral flows will only hit the PLD and you can reinvite after they're done and continue DPS unhindered.

Note that claim doesn't seem to follow the usual 'last person to touch' rule. If PLD drops and they still have claim, i just have one RNG join them and force AF. A single dead rng won't hurt much, and even if they're on top of the other rngs AF won't hit them outside alliance. I used one for all on my PLD each time, resulting in 0 damage astral flows. This isn't really necessary, but it's a nice safety net(with 3000 hp, cureskin, and no cursna or mdt-, they won't kill you without it.. but one for all takes all that out of there and they'll do straight 0s).

RNG outdamages every DD easily on tumult, because ranged attacks can't be intimidated, they don't get debuffed, and accuracy is a non-issue. With bolster, 3 annihilator rngs can do 20-30% a minute. The last form takes under 10 min, have done the entire fight in under 25 min even with waiting out weakness after khim.

I may have missed it after reading your post, but what are you subbing for RNG? /WAR /SAM /NIN etc?

Obviously /WAR has appealing boons for stronger DPS but then /SAM is also viable for TP and what not. Adding an extra Axe (or Glazemane dagger) with /NIN for the extra stats are also an idea.

Does Utsusemi absorb any of the attacks at all (minus the Bio aura)?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-04 17:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i subbed war, only damage you take on tumult itself should be bio aura

khim/hydra is the most stressful part of the fight and the only thing you'd be able to blink that's threatening is tourbillion so i don't see /nin as very worthwhile
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-14 13:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone thrown all SMN's at this since the update?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-14 13:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

that actually sounds like it'd work extremely well when combined with the drop party trick on a tank, but sadly i do not have geared smns
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-15 01:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on Asura invite me to a Tumult Curator fight I want that ***'s vorseal :( :( :(
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-15 09:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Someone on Asura invite me to a Tumult Curator fight I want that ***'s vorseal :( :( :(

I would have thought Curator was yesterdays news for TLOU! Are you guys not interested in the fight in general?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-15 10:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, me and a couple of other people are interested, the rest aren't.
We're hardly ever online and I don't think we can do it during one of our official events nights, way too many people without the right jobs and we never left people out because of that so we can't really start for Tumult Curator.

It would have to be one of those things some of us set up in our free time, but the last few months we've hardly ever been online outside of event time, and when we are we've been busy farming gil for Afterglow upgrades, Ambuscade, Beads or other ***.

It would've been enough if one of us stepped up and offered to set things up with invited people, required jobs, strategy, day we want to meet etc, but clearly we've all been too lazy so far.
The fact only a few people are interested doesn't help getting the motivation either lol

It's not even a matter of difficulty, I'm sure with a bit of practice we could bring it down.
We literally never even tried once.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-11-15 11:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Interesting RNG strategy... It might be worth bringing a SAM/RNG for some damage but more importantly for Circle / Seal JA's on Demons.
I quit!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [211 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-14 02:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally managed to make my LS buddies interested in this, we tried yesterday and won on second attempt. This is the strategy we used:

Party setup

Buffs:

Battle Flow:
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-06-14 03:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sechs, very useful data!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [855 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-17 08:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Is there a 2019 low man strat for this ***?

Whats the min low man possible?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-17 08:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you could 4 man this in theory, never tested but based on previous experiences, i think its possible.
Or play it safe:

Run, geo, brd, cor, whm, DD.

The 4 man strat is just no cor or DD.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-17 12:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

let me know how 4 manning it goes for u
By Pantafernando 2019-10-17 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna try first the usual burning, check if enough then adjust whats lacking.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-10-17 14:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN, SMN, BRD, COR
That was like 2 or 3 years ago though. Mew works on the last phase.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-17 15:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Artsncrafts said: »
let me know how 4 manning it goes for u

I mean its theoretically possible. Tumult isn't hard. I managed to get to wave 3 with only trusts, although took like 20 minutes but did die cos I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and dont swap sets. and so with geo/brd buffs its more than doable.
Tumult itself is a breeze if you play defensively.
Astral Flow hits for pretty much 0-200 with geo fend, indi attunement. Entrust frailty.

Like I said, in theory it seems very doable. I'm partially retired/taking a long hiatus from playing RUN so won't be testing any time soon.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-17 15:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ive cleared tumult a few times and i never seen flow do only 0-200 damage, even with fend. Not sure what to make of that

unless on rune using OFA or pld using rampart or something
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-10-17 16:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is necro-bumped the same day as SE announces Pandy Warden chair is going to be around again as a mount.

Conspiracy!

9/11 was an inside job. Halflife 3 confirmed. Charmander's flamethrower can't melt stale memes.

[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-17 16:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
This thread is necro-bumped the same day as SE announces Pandy Warden chair is going to be around again as a mount.

Conspiracy!

9/11 was an inside job. Halflife 3 confirmed. Charmander's flamethrower can't melt stale memes.

+1 for using a pic from Community
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-17 17:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a little tip which I use occasionally, use 3 different Rune Enchantments at once, at the Astral Flow intervals; 74%, 49%, 24% and 4% use Liement, very helpful if you have Epeolatry so your party members can hit it too, but no biggie if not.

And the Astral Flow damage:
Bolster Fend/Attunement I never take more than 200 on RUN tbh. With OFA I take 0 from everything.
Without any bubbles or OFA, I take roughly 500-700, sometimes 1k if a Magic crit. But most commonly 700.

And another thing, Sacrosanctity is almost useless for Astral Flow.
Sacro lasts for 1 hit, Astral Flow hits about 8 times I believe, not sure exactly how many.

Edit: This is assuming Idris GEO, because who doesn't have Idris lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [225 days between previous and next post]
By eeternal 2020-05-29 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what's wrong but I had Schezro Bolster Fend/Attunement and Sacro and AF just wrecks me.. some of them I take 0-50 and 3 of them I get hit 600-700 x3.. This was with RUN too..