Any Active Social Shells Out There? (Any Server)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Any active social shells out there? (Any server)
Any active social shells out there? (Any server)
 Bahamut.Genryu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2016-08-26 16:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, I returned to the game today after a lengthy absence, and two things immediately struck me. Firstly none of my old friends still play, and secondly my server is now the proverbial 'ghost town', there were a little over 400 players online when I logged in this morning.

I was wondering if there were still any decent sized and pretty active social LS's out there? As I am considering transferring to a new server. I am a casual player nowadays, with no interest in EG content, I just miss the good old banter of chatty LS.
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-26 16:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura has lots. I collected like 8 social linkshells here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2016-08-26 17:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they active? I have collected a couple on Bahamut from the new pearl NPCs, but despite having members nobody ever speaks, they are so quite (and dull....)!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-08-26 17:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I run a very active social LS on Sylph that does eventy stuff when we're in the mood. It's probably the biggest English speaking LSs on the server.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-26 18:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Genryu said: »
Are they active? I have collected a couple on Bahamut from the new pearl NPCs, but despite having members nobody ever speaks, they are so quite (and dull....)!

They were all talking, whether asking questions or talking about the good ole days. You won't be disappointed at Asura. I came from Bahamut as well.

Or join jeanpaul shell. A very respected individual here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2016-08-27 05:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, I may look into the world transfer this evening when I get home, and once I have decided on a server maybe PM one of you if that is all right.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-27 06:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Genryu said: »

From my experience its voicechat that is used in those shells.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-27 10:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Before server transfering i would advise you to check the features that were implemented like the possibility of having 2 LS at same time, and the Linkshell Concierge, that can hold some pearls for anyone to grab and equip.

Each Linkshell Concierge in theory hold a category of LS (for example, endgame, social). I sugest you to check all the options available, and try typing the LS name in FFXIAH "Linkshell Search". If you can see at least 10 names, there is a good possibilty its a stablished shell.

About activity, i think that depends a lot on leader or leaders, so its a hit or miss situation.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-27 14:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure u can contact me if u chose Asura. I'm on 10-12 pm eastern sometimes.
By Afania 2016-08-27 15:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There are active social ls everywhere,but most of the casual players don't read nor post on FFXIAH.com. You may want to try yell for one see if anyone replies.

Personally I think it's kinda waste of money to transfer FOR social LS. You may want to transfer for active shout groups, aeonic LS, close friends since they don't exist on every server. But social LS are pretty common if you just check people and ask for a pearl.