If YOU Could Be A Developer For The Next Year...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
By eliroo 2016-08-25 10:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
tldr; blu needs nerf, laurelli delusionally defending it to last breath

Quote:
we also count on having that 1 secret weapon job that we can bring when we can't find enough people and we need to low man stuff
this alone shows why it needs a nerf more than anything any of the opposition has said

Pretty sure, he clearly respects the fact that it needs nerfs. He just knows SE has a history of over-nerfing things and he doesn't want to see his favorite job become the new MNK.
By Afania 2016-08-25 10:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Quote:
we also count on having that 1 secret weapon job that we can bring when we can't find enough people and we need to low man stuff
this alone shows why it needs a nerf more than anything any of the opposition has said

Pretty sure, he clearly respects the fact that it needs nerfs. He just knows SE has a history of over-nerfing things and he doesn't want to see his favorite job become the new MNK.

SE has never over nerf MNK if I remember correctly though. Only MNK nerf it has was VS nerf and even post nerf MNK was still the most bandwagoned DD.

What makes MNK bad is over Buffing of other jobs post 2014.
By eliroo 2016-08-25 10:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
eliroo said: »

Quote:

SE has never over nerf MNK if I remember correctly though. Only MNK nerf it has was VS nerf and even post nerf MNK was still the most bandwagoned DD.

What makes MNK bad is over Buffing of other jobs post 2014.

I meant he didn't want BLU to become terrible like how MNK is considered now. I wasn't implying that SE nerfed them.
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Avallon 2016-08-25 13:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk will be the next bandwagon job - just watch and see. Everyone with Godhands will be laughing all the way to the bank.
 Asura.Fujilives
user: Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2016-08-25 15:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ladyofhonor - Nerf THF! (and their Idris Geo mules!)

THF's with Idris Geo Mules are way OP and the thousands upon thousands of people flocking to buy a second account to make an Idris Geo Mule for their incredibly OP THF main is reason enough to want to see both jobs nerfed into the ground! I've heard rumors they can even solo (duo?) ambuscade and T4 NMs because all content is created equally and should use the same THF friendly style of combat to best take advantage of the situation instead of adjusting strategy!~

Also all jobs should natively get sneak attack and TH and triple attack because it's BS that one job can do something natively that another can't, if I play BLU (which needs a huge buff btw, I'm thinking making all of thier aoe nukes 22 yalm range and auto-burstable without the need for burst affinity, because I care about balance and not one-sided long-standing troll opinions). The bottom line is that I don't want to waste setting job points to get those things when I could set for DA and not have to sub WAR anymore.

Let's face it, nobody wants to bandwagon THF main / THF sub's OPness, let us just do that naturally.

Also something something corsair.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-25 17:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fujilives said: »
@Ladyofhonor - Nerf THF! (and their Idris Geo mules!)

THF's with Idris Geo Mules are way OP and the thousands upon thousands of people flocking to buy a second account to make an Idris Geo Mule for their incredibly OP THF main is reason enough to want to see both jobs nerfed into the ground! I've heard rumors they can even solo (duo?) ambuscade and T4 NMs because all content is created equally and should use the same THF friendly style of combat to best take advantage of the situation instead of adjusting strategy!~

Also all jobs should natively get sneak attack and TH and triple attack because it's BS that one job can do something natively that another can't, if I play BLU (which needs a huge buff btw, I'm thinking making all of thier aoe nukes 22 yalm range and auto-burstable without the need for burst affinity, because I care about balance and not one-sided long-standing troll opinions). The bottom line is that I don't want to waste setting job points to get those things when I could set for DA and not have to sub WAR anymore.

Let's face it, nobody wants to bandwagon THF main / THF sub's OPness, let us just do that naturally.

Also something something corsair.

Super like.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-25 17:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As much of a hyperbole as it is, it's not that far off. Last month's Ambuscade cycle set up was like this.

THF THF THF GEO PLD WHM

We melee'd until it was around 80% (giving us about 1500 TP) and then did a single SA WS to one shot the main boss. If our timing was good (I was triboxing all 3 THFs so I guess it's better to say my timing) then it didn't even summon adds. I understand it was weak to piercing (25% increase in damage) but the fact that you have both Sneak Attack and Trick Attack means nearly all of the Ambuscade could have been done this way. Sneak Attack and Trick Attack become extremely powerful (OP???) with current fight times as short as they are.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2016-08-25 18:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

stratton said: »
Update engine to utilize newer versions of DirectX, or Mono/Unity to open more platforms

Considering how much of a clusterfuck the current engine is, that'd amount to, essentially, them rewriting everything from scratch. What would probably be easier is backporting the mobile version (if that ever gets released) to PC with non-shitty controls and payment model.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-08-26 01:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

System-related

The following jobs have undergone major changes:

Blue Mage
  • Deleted from the game.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mookies 2016-08-26 03:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd give all 2h jobs a baseline acc boost.

I'd remove SCH self SC. Then balance the game around whatever ends up happening.

I'd create Moogle weapons. Weapons that gain power (and ilvl) through gaining experience points. These weapons would rival current R/E/M, as the time investment to fully upgrade one would be about equal. Could argue the experience rout might actually be harder because the rich wouldn't have a shortcut. I think I'd also give you the option to choose what stats you give the weapon via a merit type system.

I'd fix subtle blow so that it actually does something.

I'd give NIN, MNK, and SAM a chance on hit job trait that inhibits TP gain (also stopping regain).

I'd give player characters proper diminishing returns on enfeebles cast on them.

I'd make remedies work through paralyze.

I'd make medicines to remove encumber and amnesia.

I would *** delete mass dispel moves from the game and banish whoever invented them to the nether.

I'd remove the need for KI farming for Ambuscade. I'd instead dilute the spamming population by giving players ways to farm the seals, but only give them a max number of seals they could hold. I would also consider making the entry cost 5 or 10 merit points instead.

I'd also look into bringing the power levels of the support jobs closer together so that it doesn't matter as much which one you bring.

I'd give RDM A+ sword skill and a level 6 or 7 Fencer trait. I'd also give them a trait that ups their en-spell damage if they are not dual wielding. Before BLU came out I always thought of RDM as battle mages. I'd like to push them towards that direction while keeping them distinct from BLU.

I'd expand on the adventuring companion NPC. Give them a gambit system that you can upgrade/unlock through drops and various boss fights. I'd allow them to be summoned as a party member, anywhere, anytime. They'd essentially be like a char from FF12 that you have to gear up, and set up, properly.

I'd create a job board where anyone needing help can post a request. It would have to be cookie cutter, like... you could only request help regarding story missions, BCNM, NM's, etc. So it wouldn't be a place for advertising like it is in other online games. Also wouldn't want it to be used as a LFG tool. And it'd only show requests from those online. Would just be a way for people to help other people. I'd also like to figure out a way to add in a rewards system but that's kind of hard to do without it getting abused or making the process really obtuse.
By Yandaime 2016-08-26 07:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Monk will be the next bandwagon job - just watch and see. Everyone with Godhands will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Nah MNK already had it's run. It'll probably be Ninja's turn next.
 Odin.Strummer
Server: Odin
By Odin.Strummer 2016-08-26 11:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

As a grammar Nazi, I would change the text when exiting your Mog House so that instead of "Area you entered from" it reads "Area from which you entered."

Other than that, game is perfect. Yes it's worth it, etc. ;)
[+]
By anik 2016-08-26 11:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard that the FFXI dev team used to read forums for ideas on what direction to take in developing new content. I also heard that the FFXI dev team still doesn't read forums.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-08-26 12:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies:

IMO, the state of the tp system shouldn't be addressed by a job trait, particularly a chance trait.

I kind of like the Ambuscade idea. I'd make Ambuscade -give- 5 full merit points and a full JP across all tiera of difficulty. I'd then make HTBF drop the abd. seals. Encourage diversity of content.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-08-26 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer:
-Haste Samba II or increase the effect of Haste Samba I.
-Tactical Samba: Attacks generate increased tp.
-Revision: your next waltz will recover target's mp instead of hp.
-Increase the step debuff potency when it reaches lv.10
-Split the recast timers of spectral jig and chocobo jig

Bard:
-New elegy songs. Can be stacked together with Carnage Elegy
-Feeble Elegy reduces defense
-Halting Elegy reduces evasion
-Tenuous Elegy reduces attack
-Occulting Elegy reduces magic attack
-Increase the potency of songs a little to catch up to Geomancer.

Puppetmaster:
- Role Play: All enmity caused by the master's actions are transferred to the automaton for 30 seconds.
This would help the puppet with tanking.

Thief:
-Increase the range of Accomplice/Collaborator
-Associate: Transfer 50% of your enmity to another target party member.
Separate recast from Accomplice/Collaborator. If you do a huge sneak attack rudra's and pull attention you can swap it back to the tank! If the healer pulls attention you can steal their enmity and then transfer it to the tank.

Geomancer:
Change the spell animations to be an effect on the ground instead of a huge *** bubble. Kinda like the AoE ring they added to show ability range.

Monk:
Fix it I guess. \('^')/

Quality of life:
-Accession works for Haste and Temper
-Dawn Mulsums only recover 25% hp and cause a lockout for 1 hour after 4 uses. I honestly don't care if Beastmasters are crazy strong with them, I'm just tired of hearing everyone complain about it.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-08-26 17:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make it so instead of mobs despawning after losing aggro they will double in numbers and get a stat and speed increase and never lose aggro. I would also make it so mobs aggro while riding a chocobo and there should be enemies on the airship and more areas that require the use of the airship to travel to because the airship is like super cool imo.
[+]
By Yandaime 2016-08-26 19:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I would make it so instead of mobs despawning after losing aggro they will double in numbers and get a stat and speed increase and never lose aggro. I would also make it so mobs aggro while riding a chocobo and there should be enemies on the airship and more areas that require the use of the airship to travel to because the airship is like super cool imo.

I just relived a flashback from Crawler's Nest 2002... but on CRACK... lmao
[+]
By Inudesu 2016-08-26 20:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Mighty Guard no longer gives Haste. Erratic Flutter is now AoE.
By Afania 2016-08-26 20:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Inudesu said: »
Mighty Guard no longer gives Haste.

Or defense....MG nerf doesn't really take away BLU's DD ability in pt situations when parsing against another DD job in same pt, nor the hybrid-ness of the job(BLU's been a hybrid job long before MG exist). The mechanic of this spell kinda exclude other melee in pt IMO, since you'd ended up wanting at least 1 BLU and ideally 2 in pt just for MG rotations, and that'd reduce the chance of other melee gets invite.

I doubt removing JT bonus 2 would make BLU terrible in low evasion content either, but if JTB 2 is removed SE would have to deal with outrage from all other BLUs.

Back in the past Victory Smite/Ukko's Fury/Rudra gets nerfed, MG nerf is a lot less of an impact but career BLUs still gonna yell "no nerf" on the forum.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-26 20:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

But, by your logic GEOs exclude Bards and to a lesser extent Corsairs.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-26 20:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Or defense....MG nerf doesn't really take away BLU's DD ability in pt situations when parsing against another DD job in same pt, nor the hybrid-ness of the job(BLU's been a hybrid job long before MG exist). The mechanic of this spell kinda exclude other melee in pt IMO, since you'd ended up wanting at least 1 BLU and ideally 2 in pt just for MG rotations, and that'd reduce the chance of other melee gets invite.

I doubt removing JT bonus 2 would make BLU terrible in low evasion content either, but if JTB 2 is removed SE would have to deal with outrage from all other BLUs.

Back in the past Victory Smite/Ukko's Fury/Rudra gets nerfed, MG nerf is a lot less of an impact but career BLUs still gonna yell "no nerf" on the forum.

Why would we want something taken away? In fact I'll take more if they are giving. I don't even wanna give up lesser spells like reactor core.
By Afania 2016-08-26 22:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
But, by your logic GEOs exclude Bards and to a lesser extent Corsairs.

I don't think anyone here is claiming that GEO isn't OP and support job category such as geo brd doesn't need rebalance, Im not sure why it's relevant in this discussion because pretty much most of the people agree that GEO is OP when comparing with brd.

In fact I don't understand people's reaction when trying to shift focus by mentioning other jobs that's not relevant to melee job balance discussion. Everytime when "blu nerf" discussion is being brought up we see anti blu nerf people react with "but bst is op too", "but geo is op too", "but rng and cor is op too", "blm sch is op too" when none of the above mentioned job are real melee jobs and doesn't create issues in terms of melee jobs balance. Geo bst rng cor blm doesn't compete for a melee job slot and even if SE delete those jobs it's still not solving the issues of BLU as a melee job has major advantages such as haste, defense and acc that other melee jobs don't have.

So what's the point to mention geo blm sch cor rng bst really? Melee job balance is one issue, support job balance is another, endgame content favoring mage setup is also different issue. They are seperate balance issues and not relevant to melee job balance discussions.

Asura.Foreverj said: »

Why would we want something taken away? In fact I'll take more if they are giving. I don't even wanna give up lesser spells like reactor core.

Because job balance in MMO(or any genre really) is supposed to be constantly balanced? If a mmo, or any other genre such as FTG RTS isn't balanced its called bad games
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-26 22:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just a general discussion that's why. This isn't a nerf BLU thread.
By Afania 2016-08-26 22:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
This is just a general discussion that's why. This isn't a nerf BLU thread.

GEO balance issue is being discussed for one million times and pretty much everyone agree that GEO is currently OP and BRD needs a buff. People have posted ideas to buff brd in this thread repeatedly, not just ideas for blu nerf.

But for some reason when people contributing ideas to balance geo and brd, anti nerf blu people pretend they don't see it, when people post ideas to balance melee jobs by nerfing blu theres one million outrage, then proceed to act as if entire thread only talk about blu nerf and nobody mention anything about brd and geo.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-26 22:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen very little GEO nerf talk. A lot of BRD talk to be on par with GEO, but very little on the nerfing end. Mostly because GEO is pretty much required for all fights now.

Seen way more "nerf blu" talk, not that I really mind. It is just a discussion anyway. Mostly everyone has kept it civil, and not too outrageous.

Just from my perspective, looking at jobs as a whole. The difference between GEO and everything else is far greater than BLU and everything else. That's why I brought up GEO.
By Afania 2016-08-26 22:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't usually screaming geo nerf but more leaning towards brd buff, that's because nerfing geo makes all content harder thus harder content needs rebalance and that's more work. T4 would be a lot harder or even impossible to kill if bubble gets nerfed, so the more ideal way to balance support job is to buff brd because it's less work.

On the other hand there are more melee jobs than support jobs, Buffing every melee job is a lot more work to than just nerf blu. Since melees are only used for easy content nerfing blu doesn't create an issue of content being unbeatable either.

It's just that the word "nerf" generates a lot more negative emotions and people react strongly towards it even though from the greater perspective it may be a more logical choice to balance things.

I don't mind dev nerfing geo tbh, I just think its a waste of resource to redesign and rebalance entire ilv 150 content after geo nerf and I think it's more efficient to buff brd and make them more useful.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-26 22:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree mostly that if they were to nerf BLU, it would just be the haste aspect of MG. That is really what separates people inviting other jobs. DPS wise, a lot of jobs already beat BLU, so people crying for a nerf there just have no idea in my opinion.

Just that, it really seems SE has no idea what they're doing. Look at the "nerf" to BST. It basically changed nothing. Pets are still incredible DDs and tanks at the same time. It just requires BST to sub WHM or SCH and have a DT set now.
[+]
By Mookies 2016-08-26 23:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mighty Guard no longer gives Haste. Erratic Flutter is now AoE.

It puzzles me that people don't seem to understand that MG can be a group buff. Why not make it so that diffusion has a 5 min cd instead of 10? Do that many people play with bad blu's that don't have max duration diffusion, and do not aoe buff MG?

I'm honestly confused by all the talk about nerfing haste on BLU as it is already stupid easy to cap magic haste. Are people just bitching because they can't self cap magic haste on other jobs while soloing stupid ***? That's pretty stupid and selfish, especially considering you could just level blu yourself if you felt like it was needed that badly.

Sounds like a ton of people have no idea how to play this game and are just jumping on a bandwagon hate train.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12