Returning.... Maybe...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning.... maybe...
Returning.... maybe...
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2016-08-14 07:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

It's been some 3 years since I last logged in and this return campaign filled me with nostalgia so I did my 8hr update and.... let's just say things have changed (at least I have no clue what I'm doing now).

Used to play lots of endgame mainly in a small tight knitt group, what's the state of the game nowadays? Is it just lots of people soloing or is there still a community?

Currently on Lakshimi but wondering what groups are out there that play GMT office hours? Would need to be a group or person willing to fill me in on what I've missed and help me get back to endgame (obviously not a one sided affair).

Thanks for reading.
Santoro
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-14 08:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

draylo said:
Yes, it's worth it
[+]
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2016-08-14 15:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Both soloing and community. Though a lot of servers are dying/dead. People are moving to select populated servers.

The game is still a lot of fun and the changes have made quality of life a lot better.
 Lakshmi.Santoro
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2016-08-15 02:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kodaijin, so the question is now which servers are thriving?
 Lakshmi.Tanta
user: Tanta
By Lakshmi.Tanta 2016-08-15 13:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Santoro said: »
Thanks Kodaijin, so the question is now which servers are thriving?

I like Lakshmi because it does have a "piece and quiet". It isn't overly populated, the linkshells are quite nice, and the atmosphere doesn't really force me to go heavy on crap like I used to do.

I plan on staying on Lakshmi until they either server merge it or kill off FFXI.

*Delete and repost under my actual server*
 Lakshmi.Santoro
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2016-08-15 14:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the update Tanta. I will see how it goes here first then.
 Lakshmi.Tanta
user: Tanta
By Lakshmi.Tanta 2016-08-15 15:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Santoro said: »
Thanks for the update Tanta. I will see how it goes here first then.

No problem. I have been pretty much reading things on various websites (i.e. here and ffxi reddit) for additional information I may miss along with trying to complete things at my own pace.

I am mostly doing everything dual boxed until I get my gear (ACC) to the point where I can participate in harder stuff and to me, I am finding that to be most liberating and I like that fact because it's such a quiet server I can go to places and do things I am pretty sure I would not be able to do on a populated server i.e. Go CP farming or level a job in Esh. Zi'Tah without competition.

I think you might be able to find a linkshell no problem if you shout ... or I remember correctly, I was up once at 4 AM MST (I could not sleep one random night) and people being on Andurl doing stuff.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-08-15 15:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Santoro! Miss ya bud good times in TPB. Yeah it's a lot different from when we camped every hnm around the clock but it's just as fun imo. Quality of life improvements are great. Come to Bahamut:p
 Lakshmi.Santoro
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2016-08-16 02:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup Konvict! Good to recognise people after so long. Yeah those were the days, have to spilt the shell into 3 camping parties because all the King's windows were open at the same time! Oh you jumped server? What's it like over there? I'm going to find my feet first and make sure I like the game as it is now but I'll definitely keep you in mind, I'll drop a pm.