Addons Not Loading Data AND Random Crashing!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Addons not loading data AND random crashing!
Addons not loading data AND random crashing!
By fractalvoid 2016-08-12 11:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Was having trouble with random crashing when I do something as simple as click a link in Firefox when I have FFXI opened and running in windower, so I did a clean install of Windows10pro hoping it'd help. Not sure what I thought, but I did *** with regedit earlier in this install and was facing some other problems so I figured a clean install would fix EVERYTHING! . . . however . . .

So far, it hasn't helped as I still get sporadic and seemingly completely random crashes pretty regularly. In addition to this, none of the add-ons are working/loading.

After I noticed this, I did a fresh install of Windower to see if that would help. After I set up my profile as I liked, I noticed addons again weren't working. When I opened up a new launcher, all the addons that I had clicked to on were now in the "off" position as if I had never even been in that tab.

In addition, the folders for the add-ons were created but they are empty once you get to the "data" folders.

Normally pretty handy and can figure things out on my own but I really don't understand what's going on here. If someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be most appreciated as even when I can play for more than a few minutes without crashing, absolutely none of my add-ons work.

Thanks in advance for the help.
 Odin.Maniel
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Maniel
By Odin.Maniel 2016-08-23 23:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible some of the plugins or addons you're using don't like each other or are too old. Have you tried running Windower without anything applied?

fractalvoid said: »
In addition, the folders for the add-ons were created but they are empty once you get to the "data" folders.

I don't know much about how Windower works or how to fix any crashes, but I had this problem. I had to manually download the contents of some folders from other people's Windower Githubs. Timers, for instance, only installed a folder.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-24 00:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nevermind, I'm silly.

I've heard other people talk about addons creating empty data folder. Can you give me an example of an addon that you've had issue with? Did you first load it in game before checking the folder?
 Odin.Maniel
Server: Odin
user: Maniel
By Odin.Maniel 2016-08-25 22:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Edit: Nevermind, I'm silly.

I've heard other people talk about addons creating empty data folder. Can you give me an example of an addon that you've had issue with? Did you first load it in game before checking the folder?
For me, when installing Timers, it created and filled up the folders that have all of the pictures that act as icons for the cooldown timers. It did not install the Timers.dll or the settings file for the addon. I had to download those separately.