Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 71 72 73
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-24 15:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The "favors" could simply be access in some cases, or perhaps something more. Now are you going keep on deflecting by playing semantics or are you going to answer the questions?
So you don't even know what the favors are or if they are favors then? You're just all up in arms cuz "Crooked Hillary!"

It is funny seeing you call people out for being partisan hacks while you prance around as one yourself...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-24 15:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So more speculation. No one cares about your loaded questions. There's either evidence of corruption or there isn't. If/when there is, that's actually news and not this "could" "perhaps" ***.

So you dismiss every theory that isn't proven when it is spoken?
I've said before that I don't anyone of her status is squeaky clean so no I wouldn't dismiss anything outright. But these Hillary "scandals" have yet to produce anything of substance. At some point, you have to consider that maybe there's nothing attached to this particular thread and continually yanking on it just shows your exceptional bias.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-24 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So more speculation. No one cares about your loaded questions. There's either evidence of corruption or there isn't. If/when there is, that's actually news and not this "could" "perhaps" ***.

So you dismiss every theory that isn't proven when it is spoken?
When there's nothing but speculation backing it up sure...

I mean I could say that you and Rav 69 each other in the back of a dirty vast station bathroom double glory hole and solely base it on the fact that you seem to be agreeing on something right now...

It most likely has no basis in truth and I have no proof but hey I mean it's possible right? Better to be live it happened and be proven wrong later than not believe in it now and be proven wrong later right? Man I'd look stupid then...

Slandering someone for the sake of the possibility that they might be guilty of something is let the best idea even if there is a possibility... Sadly most of us are guilty of that because we'd like to get the competition out of the way no matter what we're talking about...

In the end you'll just see Dems slapping trump around and pubs defending him while dems laugh and try to point out hypocrisy as pubs will be slapping Hillary around with Dems defending her and pubs laugh and try to point out the hypocrisy... It's a beautiful and entertaining cycle that we repeat every day...
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-24 15:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so we can continue to speculate day and night about what Trump really means by his comments, but speculating about whether or not Clinton is putting a giant "For Sale" sign on government office without absolute proof is something that we can't even talk about, even when there's a strong sense of impropriety. Makes sense.

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
It is funny seeing you call people out for being partisan hacks while you prance around as one yourself...

Is that the best you've got? Please, keep going.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-24 15:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Trump diversion. Whatever.

Any proof would be a start. Scant details about cherrypicked meetings doesn't qualify.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-24 15:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Like, there are two sides to the argument and both sides have an opinion on what is going on. Neither side KNOWS what is going on but both claim they do. Both sides claim second-hand opinion as fact despite not necessarily having any solid proof.

It's like a solution consisting of ***, cluelessness, belligerence, pointlessness, and a mixture of cocaine and gunpowder, commonly known as brown-brown and used to raise aggression.

If we could bottle this, atomize it, and release it into the air above ISIS controlled areas, we'd have them beaten in a weekend.

I should run for president.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-24 17:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why in the world would all of these groups be donating to the Clinton Foundation? Why in the world would they be spending millions of dollars to the charity foundation of American politicians, especially when some of them are considered third world countries? Assuming that "there's nothing to see here" is illogical nonsense.

Yea screw donating to charity! And a President setting up a foundation when they leave office? No way! Obama foundation? Not gonna happen!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-24 17:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Why in the world would all of these groups be donating to the Clinton Foundation? Why in the world would they be spending millions of dollars to the charity foundation of American politicians, especially when some of them are considered third world countries? Assuming that "there's nothing to see here" is illogical nonsense.

Yea screw donating to charity! And a President setting up a foundation when they leave office? No way! Obama foundation? Not gonna happen!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-24 17:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Conspiracy theories dont count as points. Keep believing in your special favors story tho.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-24 17:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Conspiracy theories dont count as points. Keep believing in your special favors story tho.

You guys are getting ridiculous. I look at Saudi Arabia donating over 10 million dollars to the Clinton Foundation, and I'm crazy for thinking that they did it for political reasons. In this case I'd rather be called a conspiracy theorist than be one of the utterly naïve fools who thinks it was pure charity.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-08-24 17:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you know what conspiracy theories are. He isn't saying that the US is poisoning us with fluoride.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-24 18:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you know what conspiracy theories are. He isn't saying that the US is poisoning us with fluoride.
A conspiracy theory is thinking that Clinton is not corrupt.

Or anything Alex Jones may say. Both are about the same in terms of thinking.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-24 18:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are getting ridiculous. I look at Saudi Arabia donating over 10 million dollars to the Clinton Foundation, and I'm crazy for thinking that they did it for political reasons. In this case I'd rather be called a conspiracy theorist than be one of the utterly naïve fools who thinks it was pure charity.

Saudi Arabia donated around 10m to the Clinton Foundation to help build the Clinton library, whats the problem? They also donated the same amount for the first Bush library. Is that a problem? You might want to choose a different example, especially since 10m is pretty much nothing to those Saudi billionaires. I don't know when donating to charity became such a bad thing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-24 18:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Saudi Arabia donated around 10m to the Clinton Foundation to help build the Clinton library, whats the problem? They also donated the same amount for the first Bush library. Is that a problem? You might want to choose a different example, especially since 10m is pretty much nothing to those Saudi billionaires. I don't know when donating to charity became such a bad thing.

Does it matter what they donated for or to whom? Even if it were for libraries, does doesn't prove that they didn't do it for political reasons. Now that you're doing research, explain away all the other millions of dollars that the Foundation has received from the Middle East and beyond.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-24 18:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Middle East somehow incapable of philanthropy?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-24 18:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Clinton has traveled all over the world raising money for his charity and...thats it. No explanation needed.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-24 19:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Clinton has traveled all over the world raising money for his charity and...thats it. No explanation needed.
But he shot a guy in Reno, just to watch him die.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-24 19:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it matter what they donated for or to whom? Even if it were for libraries, does doesn't prove that they didn't do it for political reasons. Now that you're doing research, explain away all the other millions of dollars that the Foundation has received from the Middle East and beyond.
Better yet, explain away all of the donors getting special treatment from the SoS of the US.

You know, ethical rules and regulations broke and all.

*grabs some popcorn, there's going to be some fancy spinning going on here*
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-24 19:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No spin necessary. There haven't been examples of "special treatment" provided. No one even knows what special treatment means.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-24 19:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No spin necessary. There haven't been examples of "special treatment" provided. No one even knows what special treatment means.
Here's a perfect example:

Go meet with John Kerry, and tell us how that visit went.

I'm sure you, as somebody who doesn't donate to any charities, can walk right up and get a meeting with the Secretary of State of the United States right away, like these donors to the Clinton Foundation did.

And while you are there, why not ask for something. I'm sure Kerry is more than willing to listen to you after you make that $25 million donation to the charity of his choosing that his family members also happen to run.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-24 19:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know they got n right away? Or are you just making that up?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-24 19:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a hypothetical, not an example.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-24 20:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it matter how fast they got to see her? How about the fact that, out of the 154 people that met her within the first half of her tenure as Secretary of State, more than half of them were Clinton Foundation donors, and even half of those donated $100k or more.

Or are you going to pass that off as coincidence? Or even, as Denier #2 stated, a hypothetical?

Maybe people should look more into when those donations were made and when those meetings occurred. Notice that AP didn't even report that? I'm sure, if any of their idiots had any brains in them, they would have investigated that, and if she was truly "innocent" as you declared her to be, they would have reported that right way, first paragraph, if not first sentence.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-24 20:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well so far it looks like a tempest in a teapot.

The newest Hillary Clinton e-mails show the banality of favor seekers seeking favors
Quartz

TLDR: What they got for their contributions was being able to hear Abedin say "We will work on that" or "I'll get back to you on that." or “We have reached out thru official channels”

Ending paragraphs:
Quote:
The biggest conflict of interest cited in the AP story is Secretary Clinton’s extensive help for Mohammed Yunus, the Nobel prize-winning economist who was embroiled in a conflict with the government of Bangladesh over his development bank.

There’s no doubt that the Clinton Foundation’s fundraising strategy is designed to leverage the Clintons’ influence. It’s a machine to manufacture apparent conflicts of interest, and Abedin’s eventual move to become a joint employee of the Foundation, Band’s consulting group and the State Department can only be described as an error in judgement.

So far, this e-mail dump shows a typical parade of powerful individuals seeking to influence political officials, akin to the traffic to any politician’s assistant’s inbox, not a pay-to-play scandal. More e-mails may change that narrative, but so far, the news is that politicians build and maintain extensive social networks, and Hillary Clinton is a politician.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-24 20:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You know Chanti, those examples that article highlights but tries to pass them off as non-conflict of interests issues, people have been successfully prosecuted on....
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-24 20:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Does it matter how fast they got to see her? How about the fact that, out of the 154 people that met her within the first half of her tenure as Secretary of State, more than half of them were Clinton Foundation donors, and even half of those donated $100k or more.

Or are you going to pass that off as coincidence? Or even, as Denier #2 stated, a hypothetical?

Maybe people should look more into when those donations were made and when those meetings occurred. Notice that AP didn't even report that? I'm sure, if any of their idiots had any brains in them, they would have investigated that, and if she was truly "innocent" as you declared her to be, they would have reported that right way, first paragraph, if not first sentence.

So you are making it up, which was obvious from the start. There is no evidence of any wrongdoing. Meeting people is not unethical. Meeting donors is not unethical. Penciling someone into the schedule is not a "special favor."
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-24 20:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You know Chanti, those examples that article highlights but tries to pass them off as non-conflict of interests issues, people have been successfully prosecuted on....
Garuda.Chanti said: »
... "I'll get back to you on that." ...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-24 20:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are making it up, which was obvious from the start. There is no evidence of any wrongdoing. Meeting people is not unethical. Meeting donors is not unethical. Penciling someone into the schedule is not a "special favor."
Did she break at least 1 ethical rule? Can you at least admit that?

I mean, you are denying this so hard, I'm surprised you haven't been offered into her cabinet yet.

But seriously, you don't even see that she, at the very least, the 4 ethics regulations on government employees were broken? Are you so far stuck in the sand that you can literally see the other side of the world now?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-24 20:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Its actually pretty effortless. Talking to people is not unethical. Nothing is going to change that.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 71 72 73