To Qilin Or To Kaggen, That Is The Question...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » To Qilin or to Kaggen, that is the question...
To Qilin or to Kaggen, that is the question...
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-08-12 17:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
Taffy said: »
Morta is soloable with trusts without using displacers but speed of kill is most important factor here. Displacers are 1k gil each and weaken the mobs tremendously which speeds up your kills. I did about 60 Morta last night, no cinders and 12 single plates. Was killing Morta in under a min. Got bored of it and went and joined some friends at Qilin and killed about 50-60 qilin, 30 second kills. There was a JP there who didnt want to wait for people to trade cells so I made a macro for cells and got them off aout 50% of the time. Personally only got 2 pouches, but one of my mates who came was only there for 10-20 fights and got 3. Qilin all day for me...

P.s: This was only about an hour and half maybe 2 hours of farming and ended the night with 37 plates - 1 pouch gave 11 stones and the other 13. A lot of people believe drop rates and number of plates are lowered during the event. I don't agree but if you think that then just hold your pouches until after event ends :)

Killspeed was severely hampered by 100% uptime amnesia. Suppose if you have a geo mule it might make it quicker.

Are there any scripts to buy displacers, like the shield one?

If you have the shield on just go in and add the npc name for displacers. Worked for me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-08-12 18:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cadant said: »
Does Akvan 1-shot often enough that people don't spam him instead? Pennon's are closer to a mil average across all servers which would then net another ~400 plates on top of the 350 singles.
I'm pretty sure Deathly Glare has a decent charge up that if you're paying attention you can turn from it.

Its been a while though

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aikoneko
Server: Asura
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2016-08-13 07:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

He casts death as well as uses Deathly Glare, so be aware of that.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By lhova 2016-08-13 10:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten 18 pouches so far (about 7 hours farming). The first 4 hours sucked (6 pouches) cause I didn't use rubi cells, but since I've gotten 12 pouches in 100 kills. I'm not going to pop them until I reach 150 and pray I average 10 per pouch. Whatever leftover I'll get from Morta.

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2016-08-13 14:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
last Campaign I did Kaggen. hundreds of Kaggen using 2 characters. I tended to get a Plate between 1/2 to 1/3 of the time on average by taking an alt. I also finished out with something near 3 stacks of Cuticles, which I held onto until about a month or two ago and slowly trickled onto the AH once they had some value again. the bigger question is, do you have your Cinders, because if not it's Morta all the way. by the time I got my 60 Cinders, I had between 3-400 HMP from single drops.

I was wondering about this. I have no cinders currently so are you saying I should skip HMP for now and focus efforts on cinders then come back to HMP?
If that is the case then is Morta soloable? I have no mulea as mentioned to use and not sure how interested LS would be in morta.

Cinders prior to the event were ~1 million on my server. amazingly, Riftdross has been commanding a similar value of appx 8-900k a piece. HMP about 120k. Morta drops all three of these as well as Belladonna Saps. if you spam for Cinders, and hold onto everything else for when the market normalizes, you should maximize your profits to help you with buying additonal plates. the trap a lot of folks fall into is selling everything that they get quickly in order to make a quick buck. for a while, Belladonna Saps were 20k a piece on Shiva; 8-10% of its normal value! if you hold onto as many as you get and wait a few weeks, they will quickly climb right back up to 200-240k a piece. I made enough gil to buy 500 HMP from this alone, and when I spammed Kaggen, I made a solid ~20 million in Cuticles by waiting for their price to normalize.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-15 00:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to thank every mule/alt/***/nerd/diehard and all the nice ppl i met the last 4 days on Asura (the least wanted Server in a dead game, etc...)

Has been a blast burning 1100+- Stones in 40 game hours total with all of you (since VW campaign started)!!!

I farmed 700+ HMPs off Aello without cells because #lolCells, i am out of the tunnel now :)

Gonna collect some NNI data now again and get some smooth Alex going. Cheerio!

Edit: If you need mats in bulks - lemme know ^^

Edit2: Since i got asked - Day1 40 pouches. Day2 21 pouches. Day3 18 pouches. Didn't take times or kills per/hr ;/ Too much random BS on PUGs going on lol
By lhova 2016-08-16 13:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So in 40 hours you got 79 pouches and from that you got over 700 hmp (almost a 9 hmp average per pouch)? If that's the case that's pretty decent. So far I have 38 pouches from probably about 13 game hours. I needed all 1500 hmp so I'm hoping if I farm 150 pouches, I can hit that number or come close enough to move onto Morta for the rest and the cinder. Side note, after years of Qilin kills I finally have HQ Dagger lol.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-08-17 15:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who are looking for a fast low-man or solo kill and have SMN geared, I've found that Shattersoul > Flaming Crush (Frag) > Flaming Crush (Light) reliably takes Qilin down to the 20% territory and can even kill him outright from full health. That's with no displacers and no supports.

You need Apogee to do that with only 1 SMN obviously, but even a simple Shattersoul>FC will do a good 60k damage when Apogee is down, usually 3 of those will kill him. I was averaging about 1 kill per 90 seconds solo, including time between pops. With a GEO doing Frailty+Malaise, it'd go even faster.

The only hard part is getting people not to mess up your skillchain. Most BLUs don't know how to go more than 3 seconds without spamming their weaponskill macro. Sorry bud, your 10k CDC doesn't make up for the loss of 30-130k of skillchain damage. I've already had to ditch several groups to go find my own pop spot to solo at, because I was killing faster solo than the whole group was. So be prepared for general douchebaggery from entitled BLUs (looking at you Bloodpool), and I highly suggest going to one of the two lesser-used camps rather than the main camp.