It Is Only An Acc Question... Or Not?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It is only an acc question... or not?
It is only an acc question... or not?
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 04:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

While we grinded for ambuscade last night we parsered acc result several time. Now the result demoralize me a bit:

BLU acc 1147 Aggressor Up= 94%
NIN acc 1180 Aggressor and Innin Up= 94,5%
Relic SAM 1196 Aggressor and Hasso Up= 93%

and now my result:

DRG Mythic Aggressor up and Food 1292 total acc= 86%
(wyvern was @60% but that is... a kinda normal)

those result are from 2000 and more samples.

How it is possible? How a job with more acc gonna miss MORE? and pointing the obl with less samples than a dual wield job. Do this happen with other job? we didn't try any other job cause we don't have War Drk or Monk very well equipped to test it. This happen just in legion area or in other area? Did you never noticed that before?
By Afania 2016-08-04 05:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
While we grinded for ambuscade last night we parsered acc result several time. Now the result demoralize me a bit:

BLU acc 1147 Aggressor Up= 94%
NIN acc 1180 Aggressor and Innin Up= 94,5%
Relic SAM 1196 Aggressor and Hasso Up= 93%

and now my result:

(wyvern was @60% but that is... a kinda normal)

those result are from 2000 and more samples.

How it is possible? How a job with more acc gonna miss MORE? and pointing the obl with less samples than a dual wield job. Do this happen with other job? we didn't try any other job cause we don't have War Drk or Monk very well equipped to test it. This happen just in legion area or in other area? Did you never noticed that before?

Maybe you aren't swapping sets properly, or parse errors.
By Bahadir 2016-08-04 05:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least for Nin as far as I know Innin bonus is not displayed via /checkparam. So depending on Job Point you d have to add an extra 50 Acc here. That still not catches up but not sure about other hidden effects that are not reflected via /checkparam.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-04 05:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What mob were you fighting, and what lv?
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2016-08-04 07:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Dark Knight, I lol @ this post.
By Blazed1979 2016-08-04 07:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you were 1292 with aggressor up, that's 3/5 minutes only.
so you were about 1230sh the rest of the time.
Still not good enough reason to be as low as 86% hit rate. Unless your WS doesn't have enough accuracy on it and bringing your overall accu down.
Check how much accuracy you have in your WS sets. Also your Jump sets as well. If you swooshing in all those, it would explain why your rating is so low.

Everything else looks about right. Especially the SAM. 2% less accuracy for a job that swishes with their 1 hit ws's is pretty normal and similair to myself when i parse my own sam.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 07:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We was on VD acrolith. Its really strange. We added 50 acc manually from innin
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 07:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well showswaps didn't show me any error so I really I don't known
By Blazed1979 2016-08-04 07:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have DRG otherwise I would try to replicate your experience on the parse. have several nin and sam friends who cap accuracy.
I'm not seeing the same thing with my DRK and WAR. they're both around 1250 accuracy inside and they pretty much cap accuracy.

Try again and load the parser onto your screen and monitor results in real time.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 07:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc on ws is 1100 + atm i dont have gs data or computer to be exactly. On jump i got 1.2k acc and when i checked the log i rarely miss the jump
By Blazed1979 2016-08-04 07:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc on ws is 1100 + atm
If that's drakesbane or stardiver you're going to need 1200sh on them. you're missing hits on your ws. check your tp return.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 07:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I Will try again to parser but i think that the really problem is the post ws equip For breath who don't swaps enough fast. I will try with breath equip enable and after I disable it and I let you know
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 07:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I will check when I log in
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 07:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway I don't have any problem with tp return/damage
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-04 08:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway I don't have any problem with tp return/damage

It won't be that noticeable though. The first hit has a +100 acc bonus, so it's only those hits after where you aren't going to get as much TP back anyway. If you are missing an attack per round when you WS, with as fast as DRG can WS, you could for sure see a drop in your overall accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 08:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do scoreboard count the hit missed in ws?
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-04 09:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

1222 acc + 20 from fotia for Stardiver with food and w/o aggressor
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-08-04 18:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple of things to look for some have been mentioned and others probably aren't going to be the source of your descrepancy but I'll list em all anyway:
1. Blind or flash debuffs
2. utsu shadows? Not sure if the parsers see a difference between a miss and a shadow.
3. Fighting different mobs with different eva levels.
4. Equipment may not be swapping in. Even a small amount of time in the wrong gear set can tank your hit rate. The difference between 95% hit rate and 86 is 18 accuracy.
5. The accuracy value you listed may be wrong. Do a checkparam during the fight and make sure it matches up. Hell, do a bunch of them throughout. If you're accounting for buffs or food by adding it, you might be inaccurate.

Simple fact is, someone's numbers are wrong. If you have 1292 accuracy with a hit rate of 86% then the blu with 1147 would check accuracy at 13.5%(floored at 20% hitrate).

I've not done this month's ambuscade so I don't know the target accuracy levels so I can't make any other guesses as to if your numbers are wrong or if perhaps the people you're playing with had inaccuracies in their accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-04 22:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Do scoreboard count the hit missed in ws?
No, melee hit rate does not include WS hit rate. And further, since we only have access to the action message packet, we have no way of determining if individual hits of a WS miss. The only way a WS miss is registered is if all hits miss.

I suggest leaving showswaps on for an entire fight (not sure if you only did it for one engage) and determine if your GS is getting stuck in a logical error somewhere.