Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-29 17:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't +1 it enough!!!
By Gruknor 2016-07-29 17:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect timing on releasing the best apex group guide I have read. Good job, Rooj.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-08-02 13:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has some good details: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47586/apex-camps/
By Bahadir 2016-08-02 14:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice guide! Its certainly a good starting point.
I do want to point out, however, that MBing is not the only way to kill Apex mobs fast. A 3-4 step SC with a proper closing SC can be enough with strong melees. Good candidates are either magical WS (Leaden, Trueflight, ...) or things liked stacked Rudras. Yes, it requires support. But so does an MB setup if you want to kill things in one SC reliably.

I liked how you pointed out that any job can be part of a CP party. This is just to encourage ppl to try different strategies as well.

(This and Nin can MB too :p)
By Rooj 2016-08-02 18:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love more strategy and camp information in the guide, but sadly from 0 to Master on RDM I was never invited to a group that went outside of the normal crab camp :( I saw a Bat shout like twice ever but I wasn't a part of it. Raptors and Crawlers seem to generally be soloers/boxers. If anyone has experience with any of that, please post it in the thread :D

I did get into a 3 melee PT once and it went poorly but I know it was due to poop players, so I don't really count it.

I'm honestly hoping they start using JP as a currency soon, cause I really enjoyed Apexing but obviously after getting Master I have no reason to anymore... Wish there was some incentive cause I'd totally be down for it.

If these changes in tonight's patch affect Apex mobs, we might actually see people shouting for more melee oriented groups <3 I'd much rather people have to decide on their camp and strategy after simply taking what is LFG rather than looking for specific jobs (unless a specific ROLE is needed to fill the last spot) and then camping at the same spot every time.
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2016-08-06 13:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He didnt really touch too much on the complications of doing a 3 step skillchain. The problem with doing a 3 step skillchain is it can actually cause magic bursts to be missed if the 3rd weaponskill isn't timed accordingly, so the final closing WS should be used as late as possible... its like when the 3rd weaponskill is used it negates the previous skillchain and then opens the new one... Its kinda complicated and hard to explain but isnt that what guides like this are for?
By Rooj 2016-08-06 14:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You are more than welcome to provide your own guide in the thread about 3 step SCs.

However, I saw no reason to do so considering I went from 0 to Master and only attempted a 3 step SC party ONCE. I don't write my information with the intention of it being the end all of data, I prefer for others to explain their own situations and experiences. You get more complete data when you get it from multiple sources.

I only wrote this up because there were some people complaining that JP was too hard to get. I would love for there to be even more information regarding rarer setups and such. Please go and do it. :)