Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-25 15:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

AMG CASH SHOP FOR DAED GAEM, not.
By Yandaime 2016-07-25 17:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question about VW spamming. Is it advised to trade cells during campaign? Do they help really? Or would I be better off skipping them?

I ask because I plan on using mules and trading cells on each character adds time when I'd rather just chuck weakeners and go lol
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-25 17:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
Quick question about VW spamming. Is it advised to trade cells during campaign? Do they help really? Or would I be better off skipping them?

I ask because I plan on using mules and trading cells on each character adds time when I'd rather just chuck weakeners and go lol
I get better items without cells, don't waste your time
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-28 07:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch campaign incoming. Get your HMP between August 11 and August 31.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-28 08:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Voidwatch campaign incoming. Get your HMP between August 11 and August 31.

+1
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-07-28 08:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard yes for Rubicund since that's the one for plates, cinders, dross, Sealord Skins, etc. Cobalt is nice if you like collecting certain materials like Orichalcum or Angel Skin, but not necessary. Skip Xanthous and Jade, and of course only the leader needs to bother with displacers.

Can also trade your cells with a single button like so:

bind %c send @all exec cells.txt

...and then have a file called cells.txt in your Windower/scripts folder:

input /targetnpc;
wait 0.1;
input /item "Rubicund Cell" <t>

Then press c (with the chatbar closed) to have all your characters trade.

You can add more items to trade individually after the first with more waits between them. An addon could handle this in a single trade, among other things.

Anyone dumb enough to doubt cells is basically saying "lights don't matter," in which case the campaign itself doesn't matter. Don't waste your voidstones. Make like Spike Lee and do the right thing. Use them cells.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cadant
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2016-07-28 09:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Question... How many phase displacers do you guys trade per fight?
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2016-07-28 11:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly for me it depended on the target.

I was doing 3 on Qilin and 5 on Morta last time it was campaign.
By Pantafernando 2016-07-28 11:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What cells would you use (if any) per pop this VW campaign?
By lhova 2016-07-28 17:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited about this campaign and I'm going to be spamming these mobs. Hopefully competition shouldn't be an issue since you could just ally and all get drops. Hopefully 1500 hmp and 60 cinder here I come. Is 20 days realistic to get these? I was hoping to stomp on Qilin for pouches but not sure the travel time is worth it (restoning) I have over 1500 stones saved up and I wish I didn't have to go back everytime after 6 stones.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-28 17:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
What cells would you use (if any) per pop this VW campaign?
Three posts up from yours.

lhova said: »
I wish I didn't have to go back everytime after 6 stones.
That hasn't been a thing for months, there's a setting at the VW NPC that allows you to pull from stocked stones. Only downside is that any characters relying on voiddust are still SOL.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-28 17:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have over 1500 stones saved up and I wish I didn't have to go back everytime after 6 stones.
You don't. There's an option from either the Officer or Refiner (I think Officer) that allows you to use Voidstones directly from your stock.
By lhova 2016-07-28 17:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I have over 1500 stones saved up and I wish I didn't have to go back everytime after 6 stones.
You don't. There's an option from either the Officer or Refiner (I think Officer) that allows you to use Voidstones directly from your stock.

Wow that is great news. I'm going to spend a week with Qilin and then I will holla at Morta lol. :)One of the best decisions that SE ever made.
By lhova 2016-07-28 17:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Do guys think pouch farming is more efficient than single farming?
By Yandaime 2016-07-28 19:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »

Hard yes for Rubicund since that's the one for plates, cinders, dross, Sealord Skins, etc. Cobalt is nice if you like collecting certain materials like Orichalcum or Angel Skin, but not necessary. Skip Xanthous and Jade, and of course only the leader needs to bother with displacers.

Can also trade your cells with a single button like so:

bind %c send @all exec cells.txt

...and then have a file called cells.txt in your Windower/scripts folder:

input /targetnpc;
wait 0.1;
input /item "Rubicund Cell" <t>

Then press c (with the chatbar closed) to have all your characters trade.

You can add more items to trade individually after the first with more waits between them. An addon could handle this in a single trade, among other things.

Anyone dumb enough to doubt cells is basically saying "lights don't matter," in which case the campaign itself doesn't matter. Don't waste your voidstones. Make like Spike Lee and do the right thing. Use them cells.

That sounds awesome. Stupid Question though; Would I be able to have a similar short script for clearing the boxes? If I can hit "C" to trade Cells then hit "B" to Take all spoils, that'd be epic
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [351 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-15 00:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Wow that is great news. I'm going to spend a week with Qilin and then I will holla at Morta lol. :)One of the best decisions that SE ever made.

Technically, if you run out of stones, you still have to do this (trade voiddust for stones). Since you can't trade to stock and only KI, you are basically SOL if you ever run out of stones. You'll need to run back every time for more stones. It's archaic.

I;ve had to skip the last 3-4 VW campaigns simply because I have 200~ and that is less than a few hours worth, and not much net HMP.
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2017-07-15 03:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to point out that if you're farming for heavy metal plates, you don't have to wait for the Voidwatch lights campaign for optimal drop rates. According to this dev post (which is translated here by Kincard), you only need 150% red alignment to add them to the potential list of drops, which is achieved by trading a single Rubicund Cell. Raising the red alignment beyond 150% has no further effect on drop rate.

Honestly surprised the English community reps never bothered translating this important piece of information over to the English side of the official forum's dev tracker.

Translated excerpt from the above link:
Quote:
How do the Blue and Red Alignments affect the drop rates for Empyrean materials?

We tend not to disclose all the mechanics behind how items drop, but we will share with you some information regarding “Red Alignment” and “Heavy Metal”.

Red Alignment affects the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”. By using the item “Rubicund Cell” to increase Red Alignment by 150%, the item “Heavy Metal” will be added to the list of potential drops! Increasing the alignment further will have no effects on the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”.
[+]
By Xehnort 2017-07-15 05:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

great !
but do you think this is the same for Hvy. Metal Pouch ?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-15 10:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Showmo said: »
Just wanted to point out that if you're farming for heavy metal plates, you don't have to wait for the Voidwatch lights campaign for optimal drop rates. According to this dev post (which is translated here by Kincard), you only need 150% red alignment to add them to the potential list of drops, which is achieved by trading a single Rubicund Cell. Raising the red alignment beyond 150% has no further effect on drop rate.

Honestly surprised the English community reps never bothered translating this important piece of information over to the English side of the official forum's dev tracker.

Quote:
How do the Blue and Red Alignments affect the drop rates for Empyrean materials?

We tend not to disclose all the mechanics behind how items drop, but we will share with you some information regarding “Red Alignment” and “Heavy Metal”.

Red Alignment affects the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”. By using the item “Rubicund Cell” to increase Red Alignment by 150%, the item “Heavy Metal” will be added to the list of potential drops! Increasing the alignment further will have no effects on the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”.

Exactly how the *** am I just finding out about this now???
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-15 14:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ifrit.Showmo said: »

Quote:

Exactly how the *** am I just finding out about this now???

lmao.. Yeah... JP's are always first man. Who cares to translate for the NA/English community? SE doesn't give a ***.. lol

We are just a bunch of *** Kingnobodies to them.. Useless..
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-15 14:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So mildly interesting that drops are just 'unlocked' at certain values of red. One could speculate that they specifically said "Heavy Metal" not "Heavy Metal Pouches", though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-15 14:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

250 HMP from Ambuscade this month. 1/6 of your needed total right there, in a month where D and VD Intense are completely doable.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-07-15 14:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
250 HMP from Ambuscade this month. 1/6 of your needed total right there, in a month where D and VD Intense are completely doable.

I think it's only 150, the 100 from hallmarks and 50 from gallantry. Unless something changed.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-15 14:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea ill be spamming ambu once out of stones or when I no longer have red cells to splurge now, seriously fooku SE for showing exactly what you think off the NA/EU community when you give away that kind of info to others and not the other half of your loyal player's
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2017-07-15 16:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Xehnort said: »
but do you think this is the same for Hvy. Metal Pouch ?
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
One could speculate that they specifically said "Heavy Metal" not "Heavy Metal Pouches", though.
Good question/valid point. Perhaps Byrth or somebody with administrative access to FFXIDB's raw drop tables could analyze the data and see if pouches fall in line with what SE stated? Assuming they kept track of the spectral alignment over the years, they could probably pinpoint the minimum alignments needed for each specific item.