2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best Way to get 1500 HMP
Best Way to get 1500 HMP
First Page 2
By lhova 2016-07-24 10:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello All,

I'm taking on the task of building a Tizona and Almace and I'm just curious on opinions for the best way to get the HMP's? My gil sources are very limited due to me grinding out my last 30+ horns and my typical way of making gil off alex's probably don't make sense since I need them to finish my Tizona as well. Not sure if spamming Ambuscade is worth it or doing VWNM's. Thank you for any input!
By Nocki 2016-07-24 11:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait until a voidwatch campaign and then spam voidwatch.
You can do it out of campaign but its quite a bit slower because you actually have to proc it still.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-24 11:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiboxing certain voidwatch during the voidwatch campaign, using weakeners.

2nd best probably multiboxing ambuscade and buying hmp.

If multiboxing isn't your thing and it isn't most peoples, then just do those same things, you'll just not multiply your profits.

Other gil sources are high tier BCNM, Dynamis, Skirmish, Vagary, Mercing, Delve, Crafting, Voidwalker, and farming mats for high quality gears from anything else like Legion. I mean technically whatever you find you make the most gil at, I'd stick to it and maximize it unless market discourages you from doing so, farming the mats directly can save you time but often at the expense of costing you much more time.
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-24 11:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

your best bet is to likely finish your Tizona first. burning the candle at both ends is going to slow your overall progress and you'll find that once one is finished the other will come much faster. Tizona will help render MP constraints be much less of an issue for things like soloing higher difficulty Tenzen fights to collect the Boulders and Beitetsu you are going to need, because your Almace is only a lockstyle piece without that final upgrade. (which with two weapons, you can probably count on a 200 million gil final cost, depending on your server.)

HMP are a massive pain no matter how you slice it, and while you can really rake them in during a VW campaign, you need to have the Voidstones to do it. you can buy them from Ambuscade, but you are either needing to spam it even harder thanks to needing cape materials, or just passing up on them. additionally, the 1500 points that Riftcinder cost may be more efficient than HMP, depending on their value on your server.

if SE ever does the campaigns that are money makers for people again, you are going to be best served spamming the hell out of those, and maybe holding onto your items until the market normalizes. (during VW campaigns, people were driving Belladonna Sap into the ground, and a week or two later the value spiked back up to normal; folks were settling for chump change in favor of instant gratification.) it will honestly take some knowledge of how your server's economy flows.
[+]
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-07-24 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would spam tenzen and sell the rocks. Then buy from ah
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-24 12:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Additionally, the 1500 points that Riftcinder cost may be more efficient than HMP, depending on their value on your server.

Check the prices of HP bayld on your server also. HMPs are third most efficient on my server after Rift cinders and HPBs.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-24 12:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends made about 1 billion in gil during the VW campaign, and that's after 2 x upgraded Almace's.
everyone brings 4-5 accounts and just makes huge profit.
If you don't have other characters/accounts borrow from friends. Its not like we don't all have access to 20 accounts belonging to friends who have quit.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-07-24 15:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Earn mass amount of gold. Buy items low on your server. Sell them high other servers. If you do well you can buy hmp on all servers, and make the task easy.

Did it years ago. 3k hmp still 1500 sitting in storage. Love the days peoe paid 80m for a horn I. Delve. I sure you can do same now with other items like voodoo.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-07-24 16:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
gold
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-24 17:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your best bet is to try to get multiple characters and do ambuscade/vw. I can attest to what Blazed said his friend making 1 billion gil. I still have over 200 dross 200 cinder, 1800 hmp, and finished a Ukon/Ochain to 99 from last vw event and doing ambuscade and just spending Hallmarks on HMP. If you are multi boxing, Morta is your best bet, can just sell the cinder and dross for hmp. Also always keep all the items it adds up via npc! Barring I had like 7 characters going last vw event with thousands of stones but yea a 1 boxer can do the ambuscade method np. If you only have 1 character your best bet is Uptala with weaks and no cells (5 per nm) or ambuscade with hallmarks/gallantry.The weaks save so mugh rl time and cost nothing. This month's intense ambuscade is actually really easy on D. Even for a 1 boxer, doing that you get 4 hmps per run, will add up quick with a good group. All ya really need is a WHM, nin run or pld to hold the other 2 gobs, really strong dd or 2with high acc build, a geo doing geo vex, IndI attunement indi fend, a cor doing magus and hunters and a brd. Idris GEO makes it a joke, everyone needs to be around when you fight Don first besides the holder. BLU is amazing dd on the intense ambuscade this month because of their mdef spells. Good luck brother.
 Lakshmi.Niico
user: Kido
By Lakshmi.Niico 2016-07-24 20:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Konvict, when you say "weaks with no cells (5 per nm)", what do you mean exactly? Sorry if it's seems like a silly question, but literally haven't done VW since like 2012, and would like to take advantage of next campaign.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-07-24 22:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Niico said: »
Konvict, when you say "weaks with no cells (5 per nm)", what do you mean exactly? Sorry if it's seems like a silly question, but literally haven't done VW since like 2012, and would like to take advantage of next campaign.

You can buy phase displacers from the NPC behind Jugner outpost. Think with rhapsodies it is 1k Gil each. These can be traded to the spawn point and when you go the menu to pop the NM it will ask how many you want to use (up to 5 per fight may be used). They lower NM level significantly which will ramp up your kill speed quite a bit. My friends and I would use anywhere from 2 to 5 per pop depending on laziness and how many we were aiming to farm that particular day, usually ended up just using 3 and it would die in one skill chain.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-07-24 23:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
your best bet is to likely finish your Tizona first. burning the candle at both ends is going to slow your overall progress and you'll find that once one is finished the other will come much faster. Tizona will help render MP constraints be much less of an issue for things like soloing higher difficulty Tenzen fights to collect the Boulders and Beitetsu you are going to need, because your Almace is only a lockstyle piece without that final upgrade. (which with two weapons, you can probably count on a 200 million gil final cost, depending on your server.)

HMP are a massive pain no matter how you slice it, and while you can really rake them in during a VW campaign, you need to have the Voidstones to do it. you can buy them from Ambuscade, but you are either needing to spam it even harder thanks to needing cape materials, or just passing up on them. additionally, the 1500 points that Riftcinder cost may be more efficient than HMP, depending on their value on your server.

if SE ever does the campaigns that are money makers for people again, you are going to be best served spamming the hell out of those, and maybe holding onto your items until the market normalizes. (during VW campaigns, people were driving Belladonna Sap into the ground, and a week or two later the value spiked back up to normal; folks were settling for chump change in favor of instant gratification.) it will honestly take some knowledge of how your server's economy flows.

Do this, by the time you finish Tizona, there may be another campaign for VW. And if not, you can just spam Ambuscade with your new beast weapon until it does happen.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-25 03:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Niico said: »
With ROV ki 1 weak is 1k can do 5 per nm, don't waste time on cells either
By lhova 2016-07-25 08:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you even proccing it? And Uptala drops pouches right? I'm trying to figure out which job to spam it on. Was thinking Blue
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-25 09:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Are you even proccing it? And Uptala drops pouches right? I'm trying to figure out which job to spam it on. Was thinking Blue
Your best bet is to wait until next vw event so you can just kill. Most people don't know this bUT TH raises lights by a very small amount. So id recommend thf.
By eliroo 2016-07-25 10:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Your best bet is to wait until next vw event so you can just kill. Most people don't know this bUT TH raises lights by a very small amount. So id recommend thf.

It raises it by 1% per level. You are better off going blu who can hit a good chunk of weaknesses. If you can land a long blitz you can easily drive the numbers to cap. I was getting cap lights with just two procs while trying to farm my Wistful belt this weekend
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-25 10:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

It raises it by 1% per level. You are better off going blu who can hit a good chunk of weaknesses. If you can land a long blitz you can easily drive the numbers to cap. I was getting cap lights with just two procs while trying to farm my Wistful belt this weekend
Should just wait till the campaign and let stones accumulate.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-25 10:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming outside campaign is a huge waste of time. Why bother with procs when you can flatten any T3 in one self-skillchain with displacers?
[+]
By eliroo 2016-07-25 10:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks that the mentality is just "wait for campaign", but I get it. You think they would just make farming these items more solo-friendly.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-25 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree the campaign is sick. My dual box chars and a friend slammed upatala and qilin. Took 1.5 week to get 1500 hmps and 60 riftdrosses for Armageddon. I still do it out of campaign because procing nowadays is stupid easy. I make about 10 to 15 mil just spamming morta. Takes me about 3 to 4 hours at a time to get that much. Setup is pld blm Smn thf. Good luck !
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-25 11:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Sucks that the mentality is just "wait for campaign", but I get it. You think they would just make farming these items more solo-friendly.

technically, they did by adding them to Ambuscade. what I feel they should have done is introduced a method of increasing lights without going through proccing, because without a couple different jobs on hand, it quickly becomes incredibly irksome process, not to mention a waste of stones. I am sure they justify this to themselves by saying it would wreck crafting or some other BS.

I have heard conflicting reports on whether better or worse to spam a mob that drops Pouches, vs one that drops singles. personally, I did Kaggen until my eyes felt like they would bleed out of my skull, and that was after I got my Cinders from Morta. (as a sidenote, by the time I got my Cinders, I already had ~300 HMP from single drops. YMMV)
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-25 12:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with this statement except I don't think it would hurt crafting by much. A easy solution is to make a merit or Bcnm that can drop multiple kinds of items used to upgrade emp weapons(heavy metal riftcinders dross etc)
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-25 13:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, I don't think it would hurt crafting all that much at all. there are a handful of rare items that would be marginally less rare, and the more common items like Belladonna Sap would just be dirt cheap. I just think that SE uses that as an excuse while patting themselves on the back.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-25 13:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I won't deny the campaign makes the heavy metals easy to obtain but maybe try and create a solo only way to get it done in a timely manner of just farm a lot of Gil. Like whenever my jinxed sells lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-07-25 14:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They're 1k each with rhapsodies KI, and ya you can kill without them it's a matter of speed, can kill in one ws instead of 2-3.
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-25 15:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Yeah I won't deny the campaign makes the heavy metals easy to obtain but maybe try and create a solo only way to get it done in a timely manner of just farm a lot of Gil. Like whenever my jinxed sells lol

I'm sure they're looking for a way to flip that switch for the low low cost of $9.99 per account per month....
By Verda 2016-07-25 15:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Along with the July version update, we implemented the Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 optional service. I would like to let you know that this does not mean that the plan for FFXI moving forward is to go the microtransaction route, so please rest assured this is not the case.

There are two main reasons why we decided to adopt our paid optional service plan.

The first is to mitigate against the increased stress placed on the servers from storage. Besides the increased loading times for items that occurs for each character, it’s very important to consider the issue where adding inventory support to all characters would cause stress on the entire server. Thus, one of the main reasons why this is an optional service requiring a fee is to mitigate as much of this server stress as possible. We’re building an environment tailored to those who wish to expand their inventory.

When looking into storage expansion, this is primarily the reason that it took so much time to make it happen. We decided to provide a fee-based optional service to accommodate players who absolutely felt that they needed more storage.

The second reason was to gain capital for continued service of FFXI.

When shifting service over to the Windows platform only, a great number of users moved from their previous platforms, which exceed our expected numbers. While this showed us good prospects, in order to ensure we can continue service for a long time to come we would like to do everything that we can.

I’d appreciate it if you took this optional service as a service that was provided only for those that need it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51042-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-27-Digest?p=582558#post582558
First Page 2