New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » torn on jobs ~_~
torn on jobs ~_~
By eliroo 2016-07-22 17:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iuno said: »
ybe a better choice than ranger, since i still get to use a gun.
Top Show Op

Their buffs are really solid and a boon to any party. Their damage can be really good with gear (Leaden Salute does massive damage with the right setup).

Downside is most of the time they are simply there to buff or melee and shooting isn't really a great option for cor (It is there though)
 Asura.Iuno
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-22 17:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
ybe a better choice than ranger, since i still get to use a gun.
Top Show Op

Their buffs are really solid and a boon to any party. Their damage can be really good with gear (Leaden Salute does massive damage with the right setup).

Downside is most of the time they are simply there to buff or melee and shooting isn't really a great option for cor (It is there though)
they do good melee damage even with mediocre skill levels?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-22 17:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you can get the accuracy, we definitely can. Savage is probably the go-to physical WS while Leaden Salute reigns supreme for magic.
By Damane 2016-07-22 18:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

just pick a job and stick to it. The information is all out there. I seriously dont get people that dont know what job they want to play.
[+]
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-22 18:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
As long as you can get the accuracy, we definitely can. Savage is probably the go-to physical WS while Leaden Salute reigns supreme for magic.
savage as in savage blade?

is the guide for them out of date? if so what kind of subjobs does it need? are rolls costly, and can it perform well without a mythic gun?
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2016-07-22 18:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

COR can be played so many different ways. In melee situations you need to stack a little more accuracy to accommodate the lower skills, but Savage Blade can really do a lot of damage, which saves on ammo. You can also play as a full support, sub a mage job and help remove debuffs and keep Hastes up as well as rolls, or now you can help with MB rotations by stacking Leadens off a SCH skillchain to make Darkness.
The initial cost for all the rolls is roughly 1m, and if you play melee style you don't need to carry a ton of ammo. As far as Death Penalty is concerned it's not a necessity by any means, but it will improve your QD damage and Leaden damage.
By Creecreelo 2016-07-22 18:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor is an amazing job. At its baseline, it can get by with just its buffs and JAs but has a high ceiling to really allow you to improve the job in other aspects, namely damage and extending skillchains.

Cor is the true hybrid melee/ranged DD job of FFXI and because of this, it can adapt well to a lot of combat situations. Its buffs are incredibly strong (although usually not as necessary like Geo buffs/debuffs). Imo, a proper Sam roll is one of the strongest buffs in the game and is welcomed by anyone that utilizes TP.

In terms of high end-game, Cor is a great job to fit in with a Blm party, especially if the Cor can put out decent Leaden numbers. Leaden works extremely well with the popular Death meta for Reisenjima HELMs and WoC, and I think an argument could be made that Sam/Tact roll is the most potent buff combo a single job could provide for Blms to regenerate MP? I'm not certain on this, but it works very well to help Blms generate TP for Myrkr. Random Deal/WC are reasons alone to bring a cor to these high-end fights, but they can also provide so much more.

Short version: Cor is an awesome job that is desired for pretty much all content. From what it sounds like, I think you'd find this job very enjoyable compared to Geo. It can also help you gear up Rng in the process.
By Afania 2016-07-22 18:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
savage as in savage blade?

is the guide for them out of date? if so what kind of subjobs does it need? are rolls costly, and can it perform well without a mythic gun?

The guide is kinda out of date because it doesn't reflect current content and pt dynamics.

To answer some of your questions briefly, skill lv in FFXI doesn't always equal to a job dps ability, it mostly affects accuracy. I would say a jobs WS strength is ALOT more important than skill lv when dpsing. Jobs with strong ws can dps a lot harder than jobs without.

And COR just happen to have access to strong ws such as leaden salute or 1000 tp bouns Savage blade.

Due to the versatile nature of this job, a good cor would require multiple sj to perform well in different situations. In ffxi 2016, Blm, war, sch, nin, dnc, rdm, smn, whm are all very useful in variety of situations and those are the sj that I use the most. Drg, sam, rng, thf, blu are other sj I have for this job, just rarely use it.

IMO the most fun part of this job is the fact that it allows much wider playstyle and sj choice to experiment different builds compare with other jobs. You can go melee, ranged, full support, physical DD, magical DD. It's always fun for me to come up with a new idea to play cor, then build a pt to experiment new builds or different playstyle.
[+]
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-22 18:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

summoner and corsair sound like a good combo, one to *** and the other to solo and stuff on. thank you for putting up with me and helping me FFXIAH!
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-22 18:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

one to ***

Have fun in Jeuno :D