Ambuscade Campaign - Trade all 20 upgrade items at the same time
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-20 13:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Fenrir.Brimstonefox wants us to do more old content with "The Content Campaign" and Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin wants to do less old content with "Old Content Relief Program". Proof that no matter what SE does, they can't make everyone happy. (Even if they did one of these campaigns, they'd probably implement it "wrong" and make no one happy).
Maybe if they did both in the same month...
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-20 13:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Ambuscade Campaign - Trade all 20 upgrade items at the same time

So much this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-07-20 13:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
So, Fenrir.Brimstonefox wants us to do more old content with "The Content Campaign" and Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin wants to do less old content with "Old Content Relief Program". Proof that no matter what SE does, they can't make everyone happy. (Even if they did one of these campaigns, they'd probably implement it "wrong" and make no one happy).

The difference here is that some people want to go back to the old game. There are private servers that achieve this. I'm trying to come up with realistic campaigns for the current game.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-20 13:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just making a lighthearted comment. Not meant to push any buttons. That's why I ended the comment the way I did. Sometimes it's hard to convey the emotion you intended in a forum.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-07-20 14:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

VW Campaign PLUS!: Qualifying NMs drop an additional HMP, Riftcinder, Riftdross and/or Heavy Metal Pouch. NMs also have a higher chance of dropping said items. Players can obtain free 1000 Voidstones from the VW NPC.

Rem's Campaign: All SKNM and HTBF fights gives an additional Rem's item (according to the fight and difficulty. All fights have a chance of dropping Kupon I-AF109 as well as higher chance of dropping synthesis material items.

Esch/Reisenjima Beads Campaign: Doubles the amount of Beads players receive in all 3 zones and beads drop from all enemies that drop slit.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-07-20 14:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I chuckled, and to be fair they're not entirely mutually exclusive. There's a difference between doing content and spamming content. And there's a difference between doing content and getting the drop you want (or could never get due to the RNG). Of course some people enjoy the journey others the destination.
By Nocki 2016-07-20 14:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
If they could do another abjuration campaign, I'd be happy, really. That's the best campaign I can remember in the past year or so.

I guess the Voidwatch one was cool too but I couldn't take part in it. I just remember people making hundreds of millions without even trying. *jealous*
I wouldn't call it "without trying." Killing morta or qilin 1000+ times in the 20ish day period was quite exhausting.
My friend and I did qilin 1500 times in the last week of the campaign, so...
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-07-21 03:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
If they could do another abjuration campaign, I'd be happy, really. That's the best campaign I can remember in the past year or so.

I guess the Voidwatch one was cool too but I couldn't take part in it. I just remember people making hundreds of millions without even trying. *jealous*
I wouldn't call it "without trying." Killing morta or qilin 1000+ times in the 20ish day period was quite exhausting.
And you most likely made much more than the people I speak of who did it a few days per week for a few hours yet still made hundreds of millions.

So yeah, they didn't even try to make full money yet got a lot. It's even crazier when compared to the following campaigns.