FFXI Developer AMA On Reddit!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Developer AMA on Reddit!
FFXI Developer AMA on Reddit!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-18 22:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Official announcement!

Quote:
Join Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito on Reddit in the first-ever FINAL FANTASY XI development team AMA! We're sure there are an overwhelming amount of burning questions from the community, and they'll be doing their best to answer as many as they can. We're eagerly awaiting your questions!

What

An open Q&A session where the developers of FINAL FANTASY XI answer questions about all things Vana'diel!

Who

Producer Akihiko Matsui
Director Yoji Fujito

Where

The FINAL FANTASY XI subreddit page on Reddit

When

Monday, July 25, 2016
- 4:00 p.m. PDT / 7:00 p.m. EDT: Question submission opens
- 6:30 p.m. PDT / 9:30 p.m. EDT: Question answering begins
- 8:00 p.m. PDT / 11:00 p.m. EDT: Question answering concludes

Place your bets now! Who's got it being productive, who's got it being a total ***show!? My money is on ***show.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-18 23:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

10 imaginary internet dollars on ***show.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2016-07-18 23:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Like, why are they having this? Pointless, if you have time to mess around with a little Q&A show you have time to at least "Attempt" to fix whats wrong with the game.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-18 23:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of time necessary to do an AMA and the amount of time necessary to alter the entire meta of an MMORPG are not actually the same.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-18 23:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The amount of time necessary to do an AMA and the amount of time necessary to alter the entire meta of an MMORPG are not actually the same.

Seriously. A community rep is going to bundle up a bunch of questions and the actual Devs will spend like an hour answering some of them.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-07-18 23:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wanted to know whether Matsui-San was a boxers/pants/y-fronts/g-string kinda guy! I guess this is the best opportunity for me to ask! Yippee!!!!!
 Sylph.Kyogi
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2016-07-18 23:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Relax, it's not that this will bear any fruit, I just think it's pointless, that's all, not trying to start a flame war.

EDIT: I also realize that an hour isn't enough the fix anything... wish it did, thats all. :(
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-07-19 00:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

would you rather fight 100 tanaka sized khimairas or 1 khimaira sized tanaka
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-19 00:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kyogi said: »
Relax, it's not that this will bear any fruit, I just think it's pointless, that's all, not trying to start a flame war.

EDIT: I also realize that an hour isn't enough the fix anything... wish it did, thats all. :(
Might be pointless to you, but not me. Getting to hear from the people that run the game I have loved for over a decade is a nice treat. Sorry you can not just enjoy things.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-19 01:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What does AMA stand for? Ask M... A...?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2016-07-19 01:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask me anything I believe.
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2016-07-19 01:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand that, but the game definitely isn't how it felt before (to me at least hence quitting)

I'd still like to hear what they have to say, even though my moneys on BS, excuses, lack of info and then answering questions such as 'Do you like peanut butter' like really guys
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2016-07-19 02:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo where those Aht Urghan servers at Matsui?

;_;
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-07-19 05:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does a Galka have a penis?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-19 05:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »

Might be pointless to you, but not me. Getting to hear from the people that run the game I have loved for over a decade is a nice treat. Sorry you can not just enjoy things.

In AMA's the interviewee has the option to not answer / ignore questions they don't like or don't have time for. Developers will use this to dodge or avoid questions regarding game balance. They know it's broke, the Japanese players have made it more then clear, they just don't want to bother screwing with it. The high end enemy database needs an overhaul as too many of them have over powered large aoe moves that force players to resort to cheap tactics to win. Forcing players to be cheaper then your battle director is never a healthy game design choice. This situation is a result of them not doing any play testing with real players to get a feel for what the player base considers "overpowered / cheap" and what is felt to be a legitimate fight mechanic.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-19 06:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Phoenix.Morier said: »

In AMA's the interviewee has the option to not answer / ignore questions they don't like or don't have time for. Developers will use this to dodge or avoid questions regarding game balance. They know it's broke, the Japanese players have made it more then clear, they just don't want to bother screwing with it. The high end enemy database needs an overhaul as too many of them have over powered large aoe moves that force players to resort to cheap tactics to win. Forcing players to be cheaper then your battle director is never a healthy game design choice. This situation is a result of them not doing any play testing with real players to get a feel for what the player base considers "overpowered / cheap" and what is felt to be a legitimate fight mechanic.
I never hear anything about the test server anymore, now that you mention it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Comment: Cleaning
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-19 07:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra argument: game development, not lore. (The male Mithra thing is a lore, the game was developed with them being "an all female playable race". Lore cannot be used to negate that fact. It's why you can only play as a female Mithra.)
Galka "science" argument: irrelevant because they're not evolved creatures, they essentially mutated "humans" (read: Zilart).
Just like every other sentient humanoid race.
(Zilart=>Kuluu=>everyone because essentially magical fallout from the crystal line exploding. "The Whisper of the Soul" is what makes a Zilart a Zilart, and everyone has the capability of that, because everyone is Zilart, because racism is bad.)

It's why blood transfusions work.
It's why happas (Lili) can exist.
It's literally the MAIN THEME of the game: "racism is bad, mmkay? We're all the same regardless of what we look like."

All races, beastmen and "blessed" alike are all "human". (That was literally the whole plot of RotZ+CoP.)
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-19 07:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

AH.com, making things up since ... forever xD
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-19 07:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RotZ was like 11 years ago for me and I hated CoP except for Prishe which seems kinda creepy now, but I was 16 or so so whatever.

I still don't recall everyone being Zilart but it's kinda funny that they'd disprove their in-world creation myth in a fantasy game. ...though I guess the beastmen creation myths were disproven too.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-19 07:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious timing for this thing..I was thinkin of resubbing at the end of the month primarily to make a lore questions thread on the official forum in hope to get some answers like the 14 side gets(no reason why we shouldn't).
I already have ready a series of lore questions(and I mean actual unknown things, not things already known but people are too lazy to figure out themselves through quests.. <_<)
By Draylo 2016-07-19 07:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why was BLU never given Aqua Breath or Spike Flail!!!
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-19 07:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why cant we play as tentacle when BLU master!
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-19 07:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't mention tentacles around the Jp's, things could turn nasty.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7