Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 82 83 84
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 18:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
fonewear said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Omg, I should run for Admin and Make FFXIAH Great Again™

How could you do that FFXIAH was never great...

STRONGER THAN THE STORM.....OF ZAM.

Also better than Killing Ifrit.
Anything is better than Killing Ifrit....

...well, everything besides the official forums.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-28 19:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

oldguyagain said: »
Let me rephrase that, the liberal posters that are incapable of having a civil conversation. Not all of them are asshats. Just most of them.
Despite our political differences you and I have always been able to have civil conversations.

But then again I claim to be a radical, not a liberal.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-28 20:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Dedicated to Donald J. Trump
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-28 20:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You all need a breeze fresh Erdogan over there, like, really.
By onceagain 2016-07-28 21:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Let me rephrase that, the liberal posters that are incapable of having a civil conversation. Not all of them are asshats. Just most of them.
Despite our political differences you and I have always been able to have civil conversations.

You also refrain from personal attacks and can follow a conversation without changing topics. Are rare gift that eludes many posters here.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
To be blunt, even when you're behaving quite pettily today I'm still here and still reading your posts without insulting you.

I'd suggest not commenting on "having civil conversations" with this current attitude of yours.

Heated debates can exists without personal attacks, I am also not aiming anything at you personally at all. While we don't agree on some things you and I have always been able to have civil conversations.

Everyone here knows exactly the ones that cause the problems and nothing gets done about it.
By onceagain 2016-07-28 21:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Also, if you truly wanted to get in touch with Rooks, you'd have sent him a PM instead of joined in the ***show here.

You obviously do not communicate with your higher ups. I have tried talking to Rooks through PM many times on many different accounts that promptly get banned.

I'm to the point of screw it, time to join the shitshow. I no longer care. Obviously he doesn't.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-28 21:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering you have been banned, its safe to say the major problem has in fact been dealt with!
[+]
By onceagain 2016-07-28 21:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Considering you have been banned, its safe to say the major problem has in fact been dealt with!

Not really, or we wouldn't be having this conversation here and now. would we.. lol
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-07-28 22:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By maldini 2016-07-29 04:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

I have white friends that are cool as *** and I know the majority of white people are chill. My mom is white as white gets. She listens to fleetwood Mac and Niel Diamond and ***.

I need a term to represent the Trump type of white people, help me out, because I have so much to say but don't wanna include the cool white people in it all.

wait, light bulb just went on in my head - I'm gonna call them Trumps. Thats it, Trumps it is.

Trumps: Angry, small dicked, pedophiles, incestuous, bigoted, ignorant, filthy and lacking in hygiene, xenophobic, racist, hateful, insecure, misinformed, lacking in vocabulary, simpleton demographic often, but not necessarily, of white complexion.

Trumps umad cuz Obama got swag.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-29 04:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Such an intellectual contribution.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-29 05:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

I have white friends that are cool as *** and I know the majority of white people are chill. My mom is white as white gets. She listens to fleetwood Mac and Niel Diamond and ***.

I need a term to represent the Trump type of white people, help me out, because I have so much to say but don't wanna include the cool white people in it all.

wait, light bulb just went on in my head - I'm gonna call them Trumps. Thats it, Trumps it is.

Trumps: Angry, small dicked, pedophiles, incestuous, bigoted, ignorant, filthy and lacking in hygiene, xenophobic, racist, hateful, insecure, misinformed, lacking in vocabulary, simpleton demographic often, but not necessarily, of white complexion.

I think this would be the typical response of the 200,000 Syrians that will be deported and other illegal immigrants as the Trump administration tells the world.

Yes our Immigration Laws are Laws that need followed too. If you want to be a citizen it is in your best interest to do it the Legal way.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-29 05:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump to Deported Illegals

" hey criminals you mad? enjoy being permanently banned from entering the US because you can't respect our laws"
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-29 05:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
200,000 Syrians

Where did you get this number from?
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-29 05:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
200,000 Syrians

This is a estimated number that would seek to come of the 4.6 million who left syria.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-29 05:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
200,000 Syrians

Do you believe Nations Immigration Laws should be followed?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-29 07:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want the Syrian refugee crisis to end, elect Trump that won't be funding Civil War in Syria like Obama/Clinton. We talk about the temperament that is important to be President, yet President Obama has played a huge part in the deaths of half a million Syrians all because he drew a red line in the sand and looked like a pussy.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-29 07:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 07:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »

I can't say I agree with every last single world of this, but I get the reason and emotion behind it. We live in a frustrating time. That said, throwing blanket insults doesn't help anyone, cathartic as it may be at times.

Now, that said.

Quote:

I loved this.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-29 08:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So did Hillary make America great again I didn't watch it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 08:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Yeah. I'm never really sure what umbrella to plant myself under. Many progressive beliefs. Many liberal beliefs. Yet the people who generally represent said groups in public -- especially when you start getting into specific interest groups like Fat Feminism or "Curse Your Cisgendered Caucasian privilege!" folks -- are not people with whom I want to affiliate and generally I think they go too far and are utterly ridiculous many times taking something that had a kernel of merit and destroying any validity it had, while in the process making more people dislike them in drastically greater proportion than any support their original, long-forgotten valid point attains.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 08:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
So did Hillary make America great again I didn't watch it.

If she did Trump would sue her for taking his idea!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-29 08:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"I believe Democracy doesn't work the way it should..."

Said by the woman who literally rigged her own nomination.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-29 08:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Bill Clinton fell dozed off during Hillary's speech!

For once he speaks a voice for the people!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 08:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
"I believe Democracy doesn't work the way it should..."

Said by the woman who literally rigged her own nomination.

Well, I mean.

She'd know then, right?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Listen, everybody, this insane notion that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump represent some sort of equally noxious, damned if you do, damned if you don't choice is ridiculous and has to stop. Allow me to illustrate with an analogy:

Imagine you're on a commercial flight and find out that the pilot and co-pilot have both died suddenly and simultaneously. The plane is on autopilot at present, but someone needs to assume control eventually to land it. It turns out that there's a retired airline pilot seated in first class. He just retired two years ago, but continues to fly a small personal plane as a hobby. He's flown commercial jets very similar to the one you're currently in; many times. He has thousands of successful flights on his record. The only rub is that he's had two drinks during the course of the flight. Given the reputation of drinking problems in pilots, several passengers begin to suggest that he must clearly be an alcoholic as well. He's not an alcoholic, mind you, that's just what several other passengers are suggesting. Hell, let's go so far as to say that someone recognizes this guy as a pilot who crash landed a plane 6 years ago in an accident that resulted in the deaths of four passengers. He was not charged with negligence or any other crime, and continued to have a successful flying career after this crash, but it was a big story for a while. He is, however, the only pilot on the plane.

Given these concerns, another passenger in first class offers up his willingness to fly the plane. He's a 21 year old college student with no flying experience whatsoever. What he does have, however, is a LOT of experience playing video games. Not flight simulators, mind you, just typical video games, like Call of Duty, but since these require "hand eye coordination" he's sure that his skills will translate perfectly to the successful flying and landing of a commercial airplane. Additionally, he is very, very confident in himself. He guarantees that not only can he land the plane, he will land it better than any plane has ever been landed. Ever. It's gonna be so great. Oh, by the way, prior to the announcement of the pilot/co-pilot's deaths, this dude had spent the first hour of the flight being a loud, obnoxious ***, and sexually harassing the flight attendants. And since the announcement of the current situation he's been loudly screaming into the PA that everyone is going to die a horrible, fiery death if they don't immediately let him into the cockpit to make this flight safe again. He's really scaring the children.

This is the choice in front of us. On the one hand we have an individual with an extensive political background that includes successes and failures. Most importantly, however, she is capable of doing the job. You may not like her, you may not trust her, and you may feel she represents more of the same, but at least she has a base of experience sufficient to translate into performing as President of this country. On the other, we have someone who is an insufferable, pathologically narcissistic possible sociopath, who, most critically, has no experience whatsoever doing what he's asking us to let him do. All signs indicate that there is no chance he can successfully carry through with his claims. Moreover, the consequences of his ineptitude are not insignificant. Rather, he will almost certainly make mistakes which will spell utter disaster for all of us.

Stop pretending this is even a choice at all. It's not.

Edit:
With regards to a Bernie Sanders or Garry Johnson analogue. We can imagine there's another pilot on the plane. He has no crashes on his record that we know of and no one saw him drink thus far. He seems like a solid dude. Too bad he's locked in the lavatory. We can open the door a crack but it's stuck. Someone suggests "maybe if we.." but they can shut the hell up right now because the door is not going to open! Not on this flight at least. And while we waste time trying in vain to pry the door open, our gamer friend is actively sneaking his way up the aisle to the cockpit.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 09:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Merely reposted from a post I saw elsewhere. I'm sure it's not going to change anyone's mind and people are just going to claim the analogy doesn't work and blah blah blah.

I merely thought it was interesting and shared it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-29 09:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just a poll wikilicks made on twitter, but almost 50k people voted, I think it's interesting at the very least https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/758855786806190080
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 82 83 84